Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
GM CANADA LACKS CUSTOMER SERVICE

For those of you that have followed or been interested in the hood insert credit debacle, I received a call from GM Customer service about the hood insert credit this morning.

First let me say, there are what, 85 ZL1's sold in Canada for 2012 ? I feel honored to own one. My dealer has been excellent throughout the process. I love my car, I appreciate the workers, the builders,the engineers, the salesman,the managers and general managers, everyone else who built such a wonderful machine and supplied it to me to enjoy..
But, as honored as I feel, it is still just a car, and a retail purchase with a large company and a relatively large dollar amount. Yes, as honored as I am, I still expect fair and proper treatment from that company for my purchase.

Apparently, GM CANADA has no intention of providing an equality in the level of customer service and appreciation that GM U.S. does for U.S. customers.

They have denied any credit for the hood insert for Canadian customers.
This from the top guy at GM or so says the rep who has been working to try and get me the credit.

How unfortunate for GM Canada.

I, and others on this site, have been devoted General Motors customers for decades. Heck in my family that goes back several generations. That is all about to change.

Before someone rips me a new one for saying anything about how petty the amount involved is, realize that this is not about the money. Its about principle and customer satisfaction, Its about equality in the North American market, Its about fair business practices, free trade, its about treating customers right. The credit is but 1% of MSRP, and apparently that amount is worth losing customers over.

I, and anyone I have talked to on the subject, see no reason why Canadian customers should be treated any differently than their American counterparts with regard to this credit, other than GM Canada feels that we, as their customers, are simply not worth it.

If GM Canada feels (630.00 x 85 or $53,000 (if everyone got their credit) is worth losing hundreds of thousands no ..millions, in future vehicle sales, then no problem. But I find it bizarre. It goes against everything I know of customer service. forget the dollar value it just boggles the mind from purely a customer service perspective.

This may be the reason why GM Canada struggles to maintain Canadian customers when people can just go a few miles south and be treated like a king.
I know of several ZL1's in Canada that were brought up from or purchased in the U.S. by Canadians in this province alone. They got the credit. They bought it cheaper. Yes, because of GM Canada warranty sanctions they lost 6 mos. of warranty off the get go. seems a pittance. And why would such a sanction exist if every thing was fair one must ask themselves.
A part..even a part, made in Canada, purchased in Canada from GM Canada, is FOUR times the cost of the same part in the U.S. FOUR TIMES!. I priced a cylinder head a few days ago. 743.00 bought in Canada, 187.00 in the U.S. Don't believe me, price it yourself. Bare ZL1 cylinder head.

GM U.S had no problem in an 1800 some-odd vehicle credit amounting to over 1 million dollars to make their customers happy, and treat them with repect and what is fair.

In the last 2 years I have spent on vehicle purchases roughly $142,000 dollars. That has now ended. I will keep my current vehicles.
For the time being.

But.. I only keep vehicles an average of 2 to 3 years before getting something different. My next and all future business will, unfortunately be with another manufacturer, and before you shake your heads..yes I AM that stubborn.

If I set my mind to it there is nothing that is within my grasp of changing that I can't change.

When I was a little kid I was kinda chunky.I liked Hockey, but wasn't very good at it. I wanted to play goal and no one would let me. I decided I would be a goalie and I would be a good one. Went from "b" house league (lowest of low) to rep. level as a goalie in 1 year between Bantam and Peewee. Played right on up to Junior A hockey, never looked back.

I got rhumatoid arthritis to the degree I was hospitalized for over a month when I was 30, and told I wouldn't walk again. 2 small kids and a wife to support. 6 mos later I was walking about, 8 mos I was off all meds and still am. Doctors are still mystified.

Got diagnosed with cancer in 2006. Radiation, surgery the whole nine yards beat that. clear to this day.
Quit smoking after 25 years of smoking. Cold turkey in 1 day never looked back.. beat that.
So if anyone should doubt my resolve, think again.

Anyway just thought other Canadian customers of GM would like to know how thier car company feels about them, and how things work up here in the North.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Really, man? Multiple posts on the same topic? Not cool.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

For the hood insert. Sorry if I didn't explain it well. Since the black inserts weren't available in 2012 as ordered, GM supplied customers who ordered black inserts the carbon fiber insert for free. To make it fair, they issued a credit on the invoice for the carbon fiber insert to those who ordered the carbon fiber insert. (in the US)
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Really, man? Multiple posts on the same topic? Not cool.
Not cool for who? not cool for people expecting good customer service, or not cool for the company not giving customer service?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Not cool for who? not cool for people expecting good customer service, or not cool for the company not giving customer service?
Look, I understand you're pissed. I absolutely would be too, and I think your post is well-written. Reposting in multiple categories violates the forum rules for one, and secondly it just makes you look like a disgruntled jerk, to be perfectly candid. You aren't going to put GM out of business any time soon, so one post would have been more sufficient.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Its simple, we want fair pricing. Not price gouging. It makes it so the average person cant do anything to their Camaros other than keep them under warranty.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I saw a number on the delivery fee where it was more for a resident of Oshawa vs a resident of Hawaii. The article is floating on the forum and the internet somewhere.

Pretty unfair if you ask me.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
I made a very similar thread a while back and quit a few Americans actually tore me one for it.

My complaint like yours was similar, except my problem lay in that the 2012 LS was going for 19.5k in Seattle, and 26.5 k in my area!

I actually have to agree with you on this, it is absolute bullshit how Canadian customers are treated, but you have to understand...this is not by GM alone.

I dare you to go on Google right now pull up some other manufacturer websites and compare Canadian to USA prices. You won't be switching to other manufacturers to happily then.

I have heard it is mainly due to Canada having what 30 mil people - while the USA has 300 mil?

Its all corporations and money friend, its nice to see that you are physically capable - as per your stories - but you won't get anything accomplished regarding these issues. This is a political as much as a corporate issue. There is more to it than customer service. We won't be getting equal pricing anytime soon - not within this decade at least.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Yes, maybe a little long winded I appologize, but I can't help it its frustrating.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

I am presently a disgruntled jerk absolutely. You have a good point I understand, but I didn't put myself in this frame of mind, GM Canada did. Calm down over time? sure. Forget? NOPE. If mods want to they can put them all in one, but it applies both to ZL! customers and Canadian customers who were interested in this outcome. I probably didn't need to put it in general discussions you are right, so overkill? yes. Sorry. Please accept my rant and go on with life as I will.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Yes, maybe a little long winded I appologize, but I can't help it its frustrating.
You think you feel frustrated...

Imagine this scenario...I drive down a good 500 miles to Seattle after talking with dealers, arranging prices, and negotiating over the phone for countless hours and days...

I get there and we are about to fill out the paper work - this is where they discover I am Canadian, and not living in the USA/ a citizen....automatically cancel the deal telling me "I am sorry we cannot sell cars to Canadians".

Talk about feeling discriminated against....I try 2,3,4 dealerships nothing. All give me the same shit back story. Then all the ****ing nerve, they try to sell me some used POS cars from 2000....it took all the effort in my body not to tell them to go **** themselves and just walk out without a rude word.

So trust me man, I feel your pain and am on your side.

If you ever get anything - like some kind of mass complaint going - I am in!
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
For the hood insert. Sorry if I didn't explain it well. Since the black inserts weren't available in 2012 as ordered, GM supplied customers who ordered black inserts the carbon fiber insert for free. To make it fair, they issued a credit on the invoice for the carbon fiber insert to those who ordered the carbon fiber insert. (in the US)

Wait a second... you ordered a carbon fiber insert, and got a carbon fiber insert? You're angry because you didn't get your carbon fiber for free?
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
That would never happen in America.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
SoooFlyyy

Drives: 2012 IBM 1LT/RS w/ SIM Rallies
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
Wait a second... you ordered a carbon fiber insert, and got a carbon fiber insert? You're angry because you didn't get your carbon fiber for free?
No, he's angry because people are getting credit for the hood insert in the US and he is not because he's in Canada. Read first
SoooFlyyy is offline   Reply With Quote