Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #29
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Sunroofs destroy the reverse mohawk feature on Camaros and look stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
That's your opinion and that's why GM makes it an option. I don't care about the mowhawk, and that's my opinion.
"Reverse Mohawks" look stupid... and that's my opinion.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #30
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I really don't get why people complain about headroom in a sports car. The interior of any sports car is supposed to be as small and cramped as possible because the car itself needs to be small to save weight, size, and keep the car nimble.

Especially in the back seat...... you do realize the only purpose of back seats in a car like the Camaro is to keep insurance rates semi-reasonable, right? If you really need any kind of room at all in the back seat, a Camaro is not the car for you.

The reason I am not sold yet on the Camaro having the mooroof open on top of the roof is that it does slide into the roof on the ATS coupe, and the ATS coupe's roof slants down toward the back very similarly to the 2016 Camaro's. Go to the 16:50 mark in the video to see it in full operation:

Also, note the 20:55 mark where he demonstrates the back seat. You can see where the moonroof mechanism ends and the headliner tucks up for a spare inch or so for the rear seat riders. Since the Camaro is on this chassis I suspect it will be similar.
Sports cars don't have back seats. Sports cars would never be over 180 inches long. Performance cars can have back seats or 4 doors, can be over 180inches long, performance cars can have the comfort and convenience of regular cars. (Though more sports cars are adding more comfort and convenience these days) Sports cars don't. MOST Performance cars you sit on. Very few performance cars allow you to sit in them. All sports cars you sit in them.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote