Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #15
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
And I might be naive but what does that mean?

Btw thank you for the suggestion!!!
it means the Absence of Color, Or really any color other than Black.
My "Murdered" SS

And don't worry im younger and i don't like the word "Murdered" Either, makes it sound like some Gang Members car or something lol

In youre case its victory red so obviously u cant make it all black but i think what he ment was to make anthing thats not Red Black, Emblems,wheels,Ext. its a good look on the Red cars

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #16
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
tint, wheels & lowering

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #17
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
it means the Absence of Color, Or really any color other than Black.
My "Murdered" SS

And don't worry im younger and i don't like the word "Murdered" Either, makes it sound like some Gang Members car or something lol

In youre case its victory red so obviously u cant make it all black but i think what he ment was to make anthing thats not Red Black, Emblems,wheels,Ext. its a good look on the Red cars
wait does that mean my camaro is "murdered" now or no cause of my chrome tail lights and muffler tips and badges

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #18
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
wait does that mean my camaro is "murdered" now or no cause of my chrome tail lights and muffler tips and badges
Theoretically Yes, all black is referred to as "Murdered" in our case theres some lenience. I Prefer to just say "All black tho lol"

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #19
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Gmpartsdirect.com for the heritage grill had the lowest price when I ordered mine 2 days ago. And def tint your windows, side markers and lights. Just had mine done and love it. Getting the sticker inserts for the side gills is something cheap but I loved the look. Oh, and coloring the bowties by either paint or sticker looks good too.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #20
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Theoretically Yes, all black is referred to as "Murdered" in our case theres some lenience. I Prefer to just say "All black tho lol"
naw the correct term is TRIPLE BLACK at least i think so

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #21
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I started to buy things for my car and wanted to keep track of them, so I made a list like this one.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167677

I want a few more but pretty much this covers it.
SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #22
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Oil Catch Can!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #23
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
I know that I consider these essential...

1. Tint (I live in AZ, so its a definite must)
2. Billet Door Sills
3. A cold air intake.
4. Molded splash guards (Also because I live in AZ and they never sweep the streets out here)
5. Heritage Grille.
6. A rear blackout panel ( To go along with the rally strips on the trunk)

A few that are not essential but I want to do are....

1. Billet racing pedals
2. A sinister ram air hood (http://www.pfyc.com/SC1210.html)
3. All black locking fuel door
4. Black rims of some sort....either purchase black stock wheels, powdercoat the originals, or purchase something else like rockstars
5. DIY painted engine cover
6. Black Billet Reverse Light Bezels.
7. Remote start!
8. Faded black side vent decals

These are just a few I could think of off the top of my head. As you know there are countless amounts of mods that are available.
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
TDevilsG, CONGRATS on the ride.....most of the guys have already suggested the mods have most people typically do....but I have a question, you made mention you are getting the RS pkg.....but is your car an SS? or is it a LS...or is it a LT? you never said.

oh and BTW....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #25
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahaftman View Post
murder it out.
That is when one has a black Camaro!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #26
SS Man

Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
If you are getting a manual, a CAGS eliminator will be the best 20 bucks you ever spent.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
TDevilsG, CONGRATS on the ride.....most of the guys have already suggested the mods have most people typically do....but I have a question, you made mention you are getting the RS pkg.....but is your car an SS? or is it a LS...or is it a LT? you never said.

oh and BTW....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thank you very much for the welcoming!!!! I've been looking forward to joining your party for quite some time now. It's a 1LT loaded with Options: Victory Red, Black stripe package, connection and connectivity, rear view camera, upgraded polished wheels, RS package, upgraded boston acoustics audio.

I've been driving a Corolla for about 7 years now so this is a huge upgrade for me, and my first "legit" car. It's a gift to myself for taking on a new job (I work in Manhattan but it was difficult getting to the step I am now...lots of toil). I love a cold smooth beer and a chance to kick back with friends, so I'm looking forward to learning all about my new car with you guys.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #28
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
TDevilsG, since you have a LT and the RS pkg.....this is a MUST.....Notice that your headrests are BLANK....the SS have that embroidered on them....us LT owners were left out that only have the RS pkg....in July of '09', one of our members had the RS emblem digitized and had it embroidered on his head rests.....even though he paid for the service, he made arrangments for any of his C5 brothers/sister to get it done too. attached is the thread that is still active to this day.....more than 200 of us has had this mod done....and the best part is is comes out looking factory....and the cost is only $20, plus whatever it cost for you to ship the headrest covers both ways.

Here is the thread.....and a picture of mine after....oh and btw....they can and will do both leather and cloth headrests.

The ladies name that actually does the work, and who you need to talk to is PAM, the address and phone numkber is in the 5th post of the thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31141

Name:  HEADREST2.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  449.0 KB

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 09-17-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote