Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
SeaFoam questions

How much should I use in the brake boost vac line? The whole can, 1/2 a can? Should I add any to the gas tank? Also does anyone have a picture of where the brake boost vac line is?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
nytrorcr

Drives: I.P.C. 2SS vert, 21 wheels
How many miles on your car? If you really need the stuff I would just use it through the fuel system....or start adding additives ie: STP FUEL fuel system cleaner every other fill-up for a couple of week or so.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I only have 14K but I recently added an RX Catch Can and want to clean it out. I fell like I have lost a little power over the last year.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Just use chevron techron every other oil change. And you'll be good for the rest of your cars life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
There is a seafoam spray that comes with a curved spray tube. You feed that between the throttle body and air intake tube and spray directly into the throttle body.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
There is a seafoam spray that comes with a curved spray tube. You feed that between the throttle body and air intake tube and spray directly into the throttle body.
It's called "Deep Creep."

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I keep forgetting to note this.

When I used seafoam and introduced through the brake booster line it did not scatter to all 6 runners. When I lifted up the IM I noticed that cy 1 and cy 3 didn't have any traces of seafoam entering. The best way to do it would be to introduce through the throttle body. I tried but ended up stalling the car out in 2 seconds so I gave up until I can figure out a better way. Brake booster is the easiest way to get seafoam in but it might not get to all 6 cylinders.

Also, there used to be a top engine cleaner called MCCC(mopar combustion chamber cleaner). This stuff foams up with almost zero chance of hydro locking your engine, but not only that, foaming will get into places where straight liquid can't and will clean and soak better. I have no idea why, but mopar does not make this stuff anymore. Ask anyone that know about top engine cleaners and they will tell you that MCCC was the BEST one to use, PERIOD! However, there is another foaming cleaner called power foam by amsoil. I know amsoil make good product. It might be a product worth to check out. You can't never go wrong with GM TEC either.

Whatever you use, try to find a way to get it in through your TB.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote