Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Thumbs up Plenum Spacer for your LLT

Yes more stuff for the LLT

Been a while coming but had been bogged down mainly with some legalities about product protection in general. All good though

Key benefits:
* Provides better air distribution between cylinders, resulting in more power
* Produces a cooler intake manifold charge resulting in more power.
* Improvement in low end torque by increasing plenum volume
* Better fuel economy
* Reusable over and over again.
* No undesirable side effects

What is a plenum spacers and what does it do?
A Plenum spacer is a special spacer that sits between your plenum cover and intake manifold. Its main purpose is to improve air distribution between cylinders by slowing down the air speed inside the plenum chamber. As a result there is less of a pressure drop inside the plenum chamber between cylinders, and less air momentum, resulting in better air distribution and power. The change in airflow characteristics is shown in the diagram below.

Not only will our spacer help you make more power, it will also help prevent any costly rebuilds through dangerous lean outs that may occur in high horsepower/boost applications (due to poor air distributions).

In addition to improving air distribution between cylinders, the increase in plenum volume also increases low down torque.
Made from the same thermal resistant composite material as our manifold insulators, means that further horsepower gains are to be had due to the reduction in air temperature

What's Included?
Plenum spacer, longer plenum screws, and gasket maker. Basically everything you need for the installation

What about installation?
Installation is straight forward, requiring only the removal of your plenum cover to install the plenum spacer.
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
So...... When are they available and pm me price please

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
MACE_ENG

Pics of the spacer and where it goes (on the engine of course LOL)

I'm hoping bmorecam will be able to chime in here with pics of it installed

The bolts that will come with the kit will be the ones around the plenum and not the inlet manifold as such. The reason for this is that it's difficult to have different length bolts to support various insulators on the market.

In saying this though we will have a bolt pack to suit our insulators eventually.

PLEASE be mindful of this fact before ordering, as there may be additional costs associated with sourcing specific fasteners.
Attached Images

Last edited by MACE_ENG; 04-14-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
So...... When are they available and pm me price please
Now

You have a PM
Old 04-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
So you're expecting addional improvements- even with the 25mm spacer already in place?

Also, I thought maintaining momentum of the airflow was nececessary for optimal performance .

Thanks-
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #6
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
So you're expecting addional improvements- even with the 25mm spacer already in place?

Also, I thought maintaining momentum of the airflow was nececessary for optimal performance .

Thanks-
It depends where, in this context no
Old 04-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
Ventmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
It depends where, in this context no
O.K. I can accept that, but do I want a plenum spacer in addition to my 25mm insulator/spacer?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
MACE_ENG

Quote:
O.K. I can accept that, but do I want a plenum spacer in addition to my 25mm insulator/spacer?
It was designed to be compatible with the 25mm item

bmorecam is happy with it, in conjunction with his 25mm insulator, and if his happy I'm happy LOL

It will definitely complement the LLT manifold, just in a different way to that of the insulator (with or without the insulator). In saying this though for people who don't have either I would recommend going the insulator first or both at the same time (if budget permits of course)

What we've specifically done to make fitment easier is to give people options with omitting the installation of the rearmost plenum bolt, by increasing material thickness across that area

Have also subjected this to FEA testing so she'll comfortably take 40psi of boost. Just need to find someone game LOL
Old 04-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
I want. Pm me please!
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Ventmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
It was designed to be compatible with the 25mm item

bmorecam is happy with it, in conjunction with his 25mm insulator, and if his happy I'm happy LOL

It will definitely complement the LLT manifold, just in a different way to that of the insulator (with or without the insulator). In saying this though for people who don't have either I would recommend going the insulator first or both at the same time (if budget permits of course)

What we've specifically done to make fitment easier is to give people options with omitting the installation of the rearmost plenum bolt, by increasing material thickness across that area

Have also subjected this to FEA testing so she'll comfortably take 40psi of boost. Just need to find someone game LOL
Well I need an excuse to take the IM off and smooth a few transitions between it and my insulator (now that I know it can be sanded-right?).

This will give me a reason to pull it back off!!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #11
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
I want. Pm me please!
Done

Quote:
Well I need an excuse to take the IM off and smooth a few transitions between it and my insulator (now that I know it can be sanded-right?).

This will give me a reason to pull it back off!!
It can definitely be easily sanded

It would also be a good time to cleanup/port the manifold a little in some areas. There are some pics floating around to be able to so from memory.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
would this still work well if you bought the Icelotor from tracy(RX). if so pm me a price
Old 04-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Damn you Bmore!!! You always get the good stuff first!!!

Just kidding! Looking forward to hearing more about this product and its performance and ease of installation combined with other insulators.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
I want in please pm when available and Price!!!!
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote