Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #43
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Sounds like the surprise vehicle is a second plug in vehicle to complement the Volt... move along.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #44
RobC
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvettes, G37x sedan, 383ci F-body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The only reason I don't have a CTS V-sport right now instead of the SS is nothing more than the $20,000 price difference.

Sorry, but GM has a lonnngggggg history of putting form over function. The Gen 5 Camaro is the one that is most appropriate for this forum. The old CTS coupe was a joke. The ATS rear seat accommodations are absolutely horrid compared to a 3 Series or A4. I've been in too many of those discussions and watched the styling guys win.
Agreed. I would take a 2015 SS Sedan with a stick over any Cadillac product right now. None of the Caddy performance cars have AWD, the ATS-V did not get a V8, and the CTS-V has lost the manual transmission, not dropped enough weight, and the price creep is ridiculous.

As far as the SS Sedan, I don't like buying a 2008 car ( G8) in 2015, and spending $50k for the SS Sedan which is basically just a Camaro sedan is laughable. If I could buy a SS Sedan with a stick and a Camaro pricetag, there would be one in my driveway right now. If GM wanted to ask $47k for the SS Sedan, they needed to at least make the LS7 or LSA the only engine.

Crossing my fingers that the 2016 Camaro is worth giving up the 4 doors and rear seats that the SS Sedan offers.
RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #45
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
Sounds like the surprise vehicle is a second plug in vehicle to complement the Volt... move along.
Read it may be the "Bolt". A 200 mile range EV. Hope so cuz that would be a poke in the eye to the big huckster, Elon Musk. We'll see, though.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #46
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Agreed. I would take a 2015 SS Sedan with a stick over any Cadillac product right now. None of the Caddy performance cars have AWD, the ATS-V did not get a V8, and the CTS-V has lost the manual transmission, not dropped enough weight, and the price creep is ridiculous.

As far as the SS Sedan, I don't like buying a 2008 car ( G8) in 2015, and spending $50k for the SS Sedan which is basically just a Camaro sedan is laughable. If I could buy a SS Sedan with a stick and a Camaro pricetag, there would be one in my driveway right now. If GM wanted to ask $47k for the SS Sedan, they needed to at least make the LS7 or LSA the only engine.

Crossing my fingers that the 2016 Camaro is worth giving up the 4 doors and rear seats that the SS Sedan offers.
Well , if you optioned out a Camaro it would be the price of the boring Chevy SS ! Or the 2ss 1LE package too! I would still have to pick the ATS-V over the Chevy SS just for looks alone!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #47
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Leave it to GM to go 'all in' with plug-in vehicles... just at a time when gasoline prices are plummeting.

What about the gasoline-powered Camaros, trucks and SUVs that Americans actually want to buy? How 'bout giving them their proper due?

If Monday is all about Volts and Bolts, then we'll know who's running GM... Dolts.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #48
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Leave it to GM to go 'all in' with plug-in vehicles... just at a time when gasoline prices are plummeting.

What about the gasoline-powered Camaros, trucks and SUVs that Americans actually want to buy? How 'bout giving them their proper due?

If Monday is all about Volts and Bolts, then we'll know who's running GM... Dolts.
Those plug in vehicles are what's off setting the CAFE numbers for gasoline powered Camaros, trucks and SUVs. And I hope you're not foolish enough to think these gas prices are permanent.

Seriously the way you guys act you'd think GM had canned the Camaro. There's still two other major shows to go. And considering how production won't start until later this year, the longer they wait to unveil the car, the less time Ford and FCA has to react.

Just be patient.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #49
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Hahaha good one.. There's been more than one dolt running gm
Old 01-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #50
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
!!!!!!!!!!! ............ I can't be patient !!!!!!!!!!!! I want to dump my '13 2LT for a 2016 SS or hopefully a 2.0L turbo 4 Camaro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #51
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
From prior experience, I can tell you that GM is not very good at keeping secrets. So I'm not too sure it's a Camaro.. But I could be wrong.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #52
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Those plug in vehicles are what's off setting the CAFE numbers for gasoline powered Camaros, trucks and SUVs. And I hope you're not foolish enough to think these gas prices are permanent.

Seriously the way you guys act you'd think GM had canned the Camaro. There's still two other major shows to go. And considering how production won't start until later this year, the longer they wait to unveil the car, the less time Ford and FCA has to react.

Just be patient.
I just thought about it after reading what you said about the gas ! These ppl are really smarter than we thought or some of us anyways! Low gas prices so they can sell more cars and than just go back to 5 dollars! Lol...
Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #53
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
!!!!!!!!!!! ............ I can't be patient !!!!!!!!!!!! I want to dump my '13 2LT for a 2016 SS or hopefully a 2.0L turbo 4 Camaro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And GM please hurry up and give this person a turbo 4 Camaro ! Lol...
Old 01-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #54
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
And GM please hurry up and give this person a turbo 4 Camaro ! Lol...
LMAO.

I still loathe the idea of a 4 cyl camaro.

I think the surprise will be other versions of the Volt (a 5 passenger CUV with Volt drivetrain would be a hit) besides the rumored Bolt. GM has been holding onto the Crossvolt trademark for a little while now.

Maybe a mid engine car concept to compliment the Corvette Stingray. Still could be the 6th Gen since this is GM home turf autoshow.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #55
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
It's the Chev Bolt

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...ange/21535887/
Old 01-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #56
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
I still have a feeling we are going to see something beyond the Bolt.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote