Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
It's just the angle. Looks good!
Probably is good, it might be off by 1/64th of an inch, don't think that whille change the belt angle enough to cause problems.

Tonight I reinstall the bracket with new bolts and if no problems occur I will put the supercharger back on. The local auto parts store keeps K061058 belts on hand so if my belt is too long I can get a smaller one without waiting. Saturday should be tested day to see what changes happen.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #16
MagnumForceGB

New pulley installed on the Vortech, fits like a glove, no wobbling. It is on newspaper because I was painting it since I had a lot of scratches on it. I am thinking of painting the IPF logo on the discharge tube above the intake pipe, might net me an extra 50 HP.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Jokes aside, hopefully you're looking at a little under that much of a gain.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #18
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Jokes aside, hopefully you're looking at a little under that much of a gain.
It will depend on how much boost I gain. Might gain 20 HP per psi. Should get a nice bump in torque though since I will have more boost down low. As long as I can control knock I should be good. 10% ethanol and meth injection is helping with that. When I was using 100% gas I was getting 10 degrees of knock, no way would I have done this.

Having to re-read the install instructions since the bracket install is critical. Been 11 months since I installed it originally.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
DSX_Camaro

See, I've been waiting on FI to see how other things pan out (and I have a manual so I'm a little sketched out by TT, even though that's what I ultimately want) but if you start making gains then there may yet be motivation for me to get an IPF kit.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 06-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #20
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
See, I've been waiting on FI to see how other things pan out (and I have a manual so I'm a little sketched out by TT, even though that's what I ultimately want) but if you start making gains then there may yet be motivation for me to get an IPF kit.
I'm having to push the limits because of my wife's Mustang. Her car with just bolt-ons is trapping higher than stock SS Camaros here. I've made some good gains already, at the local track stock V6 will run 15's @ 93 mph. I'm at 13.3 @ 108. I need to get into the 115 range though, hoping with a smaller pulley and methanol cooling the supercharger it will get me there.

You are already a step ahead of my car since you have a LSD, I'm doing a one tire fire. I can't launch at any RPM higher than idle or I just spin.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
DSX_Camaro

If stock cars run 15s and you're at 13.3 it sounds like you would be running high 12s very soon... Do you have bad air there, or is the track just unforgiving?

This really has me thinking.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #22
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
If stock cars run 15s and you're at 13.3 it sounds like you would be running high 12s very soon... Do you have bad air there, or is the track just unforgiving?

This really has me thinking.
We are over 1000 ft above sea level, usually have a head wind, only 91 octane and low humidity. Track prep isn't the best either, they allow 4x4 trucks with mud tires to go through the water box and destroy the track.

The top fuel alcohol guys trap 264 here.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #23
DSX_Camaro

Ah, gotcha. That's really inconvenient - all of it.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #24
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I'm having to push the limits because of my wife's Mustang. Her car with just bolt-ons is trapping higher than stock SS Camaros here. I've made some good gains already, at the local track stock V6 will run 15's @ 93 mph. I'm at 13.3 @ 108. I need to get into the 115 range though, hoping with a smaller pulley and methanol cooling the supercharger it will get me there.

You are already a step ahead of my car since you have a LSD, I'm doing a one tire fire. I can't launch at any RPM higher than idle or I just spin.
108 seems good, and I thinking with a great launch wouldn't that trap speed get you to a very low 13 or high 12??

115 sounds a bit much...heck ZL1s only trap 115 to 117. But if you can do it, more power to ya lol
Old 06-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #25
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
What the Mustang is faster? Ok, keep her happy.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #26
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
108 seems good, and I thinking with a great launch wouldn't that trap speed get you to a very low 13 or high 12??

115 sounds a bit much...heck ZL1s only trap 115 to 117. But if you can do it, more power to ya lol
I should be able to get a high 12 right now, but I can't launch without spinning most of the time. Probably will be worse now that I have a transmission tune that is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
What the Mustang is faster? Ok, keep her happy.
She traps at 104 right now with bolt-ons, once she gets a ProCharger it will be interesting. Having driven her car the past few days really makes me want 3.91 gears, she has 3.73 gears and they feel great on a V6 car.

Got the supercharger installed and the belt on, here is where the tensioner is sitting right now:
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #27
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Hard t o see the alignment marks, but may be a little on the loose side.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #28
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Hard t o see the alignment marks, but may be a little on the loose side.
Probably about 2/3rd's the way through the tensioner, so if the belt stretches any it will be too slacked. Will probably pick up a new shorter belt tonight.