Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #71
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
I'm a fan for just a little while and relieved to know you'll still be around. Wish ya the best. We'll be watchin what's out there that could possibly take the place of this fine, fun car.

PS. Still got the headers? PM me.
Thank you brother! unfortunately, everything is sold. my LPE 3.91 is the only thing left but I'm just going to leave it on. It was a 1500 bucks waste since I didn't even use it for a month but it would be more of a hassle to switch.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #72
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Well going all 5.0 would be a thot. I'm glad they're making them look better finally. I hated the 2010 makeover. I saw a Gen coupe a couple of years ago when I first got my Camaro that sounded like it had some pretty pricey mods on it. I could hear the BOV as he drove away and the exhaust sounded very good. It sounded nothing like the few Genesis' I've heard with nice exhausts. It was very aggressive sounding without being overly loud. I never really got to talk to the guy about what he'd done to it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #73
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Well going all 5.0 would be a thot. I'm glad they're making them look better finally. I hated the 2010 makeover. I saw a Gen coupe a couple of years ago when I first got my Camaro that sounded like it had some pretty pricey mods on it. I could hear the BOV as he drove away and the exhaust sounded very good. It sounded nothing like the few Genesis' I've heard with nice exhausts. It was very aggressive sounding without being overly loud. I never really got to talk to the guy about what he'd done to it.
I never understood why alot of guys install a BOV that release to atmosphere which make that pshhhhhhhhhhh(yay, I have a turbo)noise LOL. It sound cool, but this is a bad thing on stock cars and aftermarket MAF-based tunes. the MAF sensor counted so much air, then the ECU calculated fueling for that amount of air, and all of a sudden the air gets dumped away to the atmosphere resulting in rich conditions, stalling and overall poorly running car. Same goes for running a intake without a tune. I see so many peoples who do all the wrong things just to get that turbo noise.

Now speaking of GC, I just found out that it's 100% SD(speed density), no MAF I don't know if the pre 2013 are the same but I found out that the new 2013 V6 GDI Lambda engine and the 2013 RStheta 2 turbo engine is a MAF-less system. Good for the Pshhhhhhhhhh guys LOL!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #74
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Thank you brother! unfortunately, everything is sold. my LPE 3.91 is the only thing left but I'm just going to leave it on. It was a 1500 bucks waste since I didn't even use it for a month but it would be more of a hassle to switch.
I want those gears :bangdesk: (and Mace's cams... and more time... and more money)
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #75
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
I never understood why alot of guys install a BOV that release to atmosphere which make that pshhhhhhhhhhh(yay, I have a turbo)noise LOL. It sound cool, but this is a bad thing on stock cars and aftermarket MAF-based tunes. the MAF sensor counted so much air, then the ECU calculated fueling for that amount of air, and all of a sudden the air gets dumped away to the atmosphere resulting in rich conditions, stalling and overall poorly running car. Same goes for running a intake without a tune. I see so many peoples who do all the wrong things just to get that turbo noise.

Now speaking of GC, I just found out that it's 100% SD(speed density), no MAF I don't know if the pre 2013 are the same but I found out that the new 2013 V6 GDI Lambda engine and the 2013 RStheta 2 turbo engine is a MAF-less system. Good for the Pshhhhhhhhhh guys LOL!
Not sure about the 2.0L EcoBoost, but my 3.5L EcoBoost has no MAF...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #76
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not sure about the 2.0L EcoBoost, but my 3.5L EcoBoost has no MAF...
You know what john.. I am starting to notice that alot of new cars these days are coming with no maf and integrated exhaust manifold. I guess soon maf and header will be a thing of the past just like carburators LOL!

No maf, more pshhhhhhh you got one john?
Old 05-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #77
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
You know what john.. I am starting to notice that alot of new cars these days are coming with no maf and integrated exhaust manifold. I guess soon maf and header will be a thing of the past just like carburators LOL!

No maf, more pshhhhhhh you got one john?
No pshhhhh... heck, you can't hear anything... no turbo sounds what so ever... couldn't even hear the thing running the stock exhaust was so quiet... LOL
Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #78
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
No pshhhhh... heck, you can't hear anything... no turbo sounds what so ever... couldn't even hear the thing running the stock exhaust was so quiet... LOL
since your brick use speed density and no maf why dont you install a 100% atmosphere bov? I'm not sure if they even have one for the brick but what about for the SHO?

Sent using Shotta-talk
Old 05-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #79
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I seen a black 2013 5.0 mustang in person today and OMG!!! Umm...the SS look bad ass but the 2013 5.0 is a freaking awesome looking car!

Not only the appearance, but did you guys see what the center gauges do!? The darn thing has data logging built in with real time AFR, MPH, IAT, LTFT, etc..etc.. it even has G-force accelerometer and a freaking tree light for 1/4 mile, 0-60, 1/8, braking, etc..

My respect for mustang have went up 200%. Anyone that say the new mustang's are POS, dude , you are just mad. Give respect where respect is due, PERIOD!

Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #80
SSTREETKING
||||Tuners Impression||||

Drives: Fairlady Z/LLT/LS3
you are getting the new 5.0 arent ya I think you are... ya little snickle:LAUGH:

I see somebody snitched on ya and got your PM revoked for 2 weeks LOL! I told you to just pay the man and make it official! You have the best porting ability on this forum, and you have nascar bob as your mentor. Anyone that know nascar bob know this man is a freaking LS genius. I remember about 5 years ago, one of the very well known porting company wanted to pay bob 50 thousand to show them the ropes. I think bob took the offer and got 50 richer

Anyhow, I have about 10 VQ guys waiting. Come on jay

(2011 LLT) MRT V2//MACE 25MM INSULATOR//BMORECAMS STG-3 INTAKE MANIFOLD//VARARAM//HPT or NOTHING!!

(2010 LS3) OTR INTAKE//HPT VIA TUNER IMPRESSION//KOOKS STEPPED//MUFFLER DELETE

--FAIRLADY Z-- 12.9 1/4 MILE
SSTREETKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #81
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I seen a black 2013 5.0 mustang in person today and OMG!!! Umm...the SS look bad ass but the 2013 5.0 is a freaking awesome looking car!

Not only the appearance, but did you guys see what the center gauges do!? The darn thing has data logging built in with real time AFR, MPH, IAT, LTFT, etc..etc.. it even has G-force accelerometer and a freaking tree light for 1/4 mile, 0-60, 1/8, braking, etc..

My respect for mustang have went up 200%. Anyone that say the new mustang's are POS, dude , you are just mad. Give respect where respect is due, PERIOD!
So have you been thinking Mustang this whole time???

lol I'm just kidding man I have no disrespect for those cars....never have.

Yeah I've known of the cool displays and 'track apps" they offer for a while now and I have to say they are friggin cool.

I'm not sure that Chevy can afford to wait until 2015 or so to bring improvements like this to the Camaro.

Come on Alpha!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #82
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTREETKING View Post
you are getting the new 5.0 arent ya I think you are... ya little snickle:LAUGH:

I see somebody snitched on ya and got your PM revoked for 2 weeks LOL! I told you to just pay the man and make it official! You have the best porting ability on this forum, and you have nascar bob as your mentor. Anyone that know nascar bob know this man is a freaking LS genius. I remember about 5 years ago, one of the very well known porting company wanted to pay bob 50 thousand to show them the ropes. I think bob took the offer and got 50 richer

Anyhow, I have about 10 VQ guys waiting. Come on jay
You know what dan....I'm not mad. I think I know who it was. I don't think he really want me to start being ignorant and start showing peoples what is really what, but I'm not even that type of person. I wasn't trying to break any forum rules. I was simply just trying to sell my service which I could have just said ported IM for sale, but I kept it 100% truthful. I labeled it a hobby. Is not like I am trying to make thousands of dollars in profit. I am trying to help my fellow car lovers and give them something real with real gain. After material and shipping, my profit is very small, barely nothing. I guess it is what it is, Forum have rules, and forum have haters. Peoples that need me know how to get in contact with me regardless.

Thanks dan. I have a few IM I need to finish up first, but also remember that I have a full time job and 4 babies and a fiance that nags all day LOLLet me talk to bob and see if we can put one on the bench so we can see where it can be improved.

I will get to you as soon as I finish up couple things camaro related first. Plus my car will be gone within the next two weeks. and NO dan AND keith... I never said I was going to get a 13 5.0, but you know me. I'm a last minute type of guy LOL! so you never know
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #83
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Oh I completely agree with you. I didn't like the new Mustangs at all (2011 and 2012) BUT the 2013's are pretty awesome.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #84
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Not a 2013... but it is a 5.0... Shot this video for Scott... it was the 2010 MRT SEMA vehicle...