Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Advice on selling a 4 mo. old vehicle

I won't get into the details as to why, but I am probably going to be forced into a situation where I have to sell a 2012 Avalanche that I bought just 4 months ago.

I already looked at one one dealership and we asked about trading my wife's Acadia which has equity on it and then asked if they would take a "two for one" trade so the equity in the Acadia can offset the neg. equity on the truck. They were open to doing that, until they found out it was a 2012 with only 4k miles on it. They said they have a hard time selling used cars in the current model year.

I do not know if all dealers would be like this one and I may only have the option for private sale. But even there, I will be competing against dealerships that have it new and can offer financing deals, etc.

Should I try a few more dealers on the two for one trade, or am I pretty much stuck with the Avalanche, meaning the Camaro will most certainly get sold? :(

The end goal is to get back down to a 2 car household, saving about $100 of my wife's car payment and then re-fi the Camaro to knock it down a couple hundred. If we can do that and unload the truck as well, we will be good shape.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
You need to find the right dealer and be purchasing the right car. Time and patience is all I can say. I understand you will take a kick on the avalanche, and this is the last year it is being produced,right?

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
You need to find the right dealer and be purchasing the right car. Time and patience is all I can say. I understand you will take a kick on the avalanche, and this is the last year it is being produced,right?
Yep - last year they are making it, and I know I'm going to take a huge hit on it, but the saving on not having that car payment will be make up the loss in about 8 months. Also, if we can trade my wife's car with it, we have equity to offset it and should actually still have a little to put into her new car.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote