Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Loud clunk noise in the rear from road bumps

This issue has me completely stumped. I have had this issue for awhile and thought nothing of it because I had a friend tell me it was normal. Then I picked up some drunk friends downtown. For once I had people in my back seat. When I ran over some bumps in the road on the way to their homes, the sound increased 50%. It was extremely loud. Loud enough to where I honestly thought something was going to break.

I took it to my dealer and they believe my tires are too wide for my vehicle and it is the tires making contact with my vehicle. Causing the loud noise. I contacted Best Wheel Deals. Best Wheel Deals claims they have sold this tire package to another Camaro or two before with no reported issues. My only issue with this is I have a circular pattern indented on my rear tires. Which the dealer says is due to my tires making contact with my vehicle. Best Wheel Deals believes my dealer is shooting in the dark. As if it maybe a rear suspension issue.

Thoughts?

Blake

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED Crazy View Post
This issue has me completely stumped. I have had this issue for awhile and thought nothing of it because I had a friend tell me it was normal. Then I picked up some drunk friends downtown. For once I had people in my back seat. When I ran over some bumps in the road on the way to their homes, the sound increased 50%. It was extremely loud. Loud enough to where I honestly thought something was going to break.

I took it to my dealer and they believe my tires are too wide for my vehicle and it is the tires making contact with my vehicle. Causing the loud noise. I contacted Best Wheel Deals. Best Wheel Deals claims they have sold this tire package to another Camaro or two before with no reported issues. My only issue with this is I have a circular pattern indented on my rear tires. Which the dealer says is due to my tires making contact with my vehicle. Best Wheel Deals believes my dealer is shooting in the dark. As if it maybe a rear suspension issue.

Thoughts?
What diameter and width wheels are you running and with what tire setup?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Vredestein 315 tires. I'll have to look up my records for the rim measurements

Blake

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED Crazy View Post

Thoughts?
Apologies to read about this situation as I can understand your concern. Good to see that you've reached out to your dealer about the matter. Keep us posted on this situation.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
are you lowered as well? Previously happened on mine w/ adapters(only w/ rear passengers), fender edge would rub on sidewall bulge when hitting a bump. Resolution = no rear passengers allowed!(j/k)
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #6
need2speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 White w/orange
I have a 2010 Camaro RS...the dealer told me the tapping noise that is coming from the drivers side part of the engine is what a lot of Camaro's are doing, nothing they can do about it ...I suspect it is either a bad injector or a lifter problem. If it is the common tapping sound a lot of Camaro's have...does anybody have any suggestions on anything to quiet it down, it is embarrassing and annoying . Any help PLEASE ?
need2speed is offline   Reply With Quote