Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #29
EXSSIVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6
Without removing the shipping protection, the dealer will be unable to completely inspect the vehicle for damage upon arrival.

Just a heads up, you are essentially releasing the dealer and shipper from any obligations to replace or repair the vehicle.
EXSSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #30
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXSSIVE View Post
Without removing the shipping protection, the dealer will be unable to completely inspect the vehicle for damage upon arrival.

Just a heads up, you are essentially releasing the dealer and shipper from any obligations to replace or repair the vehicle.
Good to know, if I recall you work for a dealer correct?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #31
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

I'll be removing the plastic, myself, at the dealer.

So this way, I can be the first one to inspect the vehicle and if there's anything I am not happy with.

I have 20/10 vision and know exactly how to look over a car for consistent paint, consistent panel gaps, and even the finest nicks, dents, and scratches. Will be bringing an LED pure white flashlight with me and taking the car out into the parking lot and turning it at all angles in the sun and shade to check everything.

The car dealer ain't a body shop. Can they catch a major scratch, dent, or panel misalignment? Sure. They won't be checking details.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #32
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
I told them I only wanted a "light wash" before I picked it up. My car is white though. If it were black I would have told them not to touch it with anything. I 've seen too many of them "buffing" a brand new car. Unreal.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #33
EXSSIVE

Yes, I do work for a dealer.

I understand that YOU want to take off the plastic at the dealer. However, the dealer has to sign a check in sheet when the vehicle is dropped off and accept that the vehicle was received in good condition. If they're unable to remove the packaging, they will be forced to waive the ability to take any action.

Good luck but it sounds like no matter what, you're going to be one of those guys that finds something to be unhappy with. These aren't museum pieces, they're cars and are built to be driven.

Sometimes it's easier and more fun to just accept that fact and enjoy driving it because you're the only one who is going to be upset by such small details and it will always be in the back of your mind.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #34
EXSSIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
I told them I only wanted a "light wash" before I picked it up. My car is white though. If it were black I would have told them not to touch it with anything. I 've seen too many of them "buffing" a brand new car. Unreal.
New cars get buffed all the time before they make it to a dealer, however, once they're on the lot, the only reason to buff is due to enviromental issues or lot damage.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #35
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
About a week before mine came in I told the salesman not to wash mine but after I thought it over I asked the salesman if they had a guy that could be trusted to do it. He said they did have a guy who was an older guy and actually cared and that he would have him do it. Not sure if that's who did it in the end but it came out very good with no problems. I would still be hesitant in the future, most of the time high school kids do it.

<--That pic in my avatar was taken the day I picked it up. They had it sitting in the showroom for me. I thought it was a nice touch on their part.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #36
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Yes, I do work for a dealer.

I understand that YOU want to take off the plastic at the dealer. However, the dealer has to sign a check in sheet when the vehicle is dropped off and accept that the vehicle was received in good condition. If they're unable to remove the packaging, they will be forced to waive the ability to take any action.

Good luck but it sounds like no matter what, you're going to be one of those guys that finds something to be unhappy with. These aren't museum pieces, they're cars and are built to be driven.

Sometimes it's easier and more fun to just accept that fact and enjoy driving it because you're the only one who is going to be upset by such small details and it will always be in the back of your mind.
And you wonder why people hate car dealers so much.

I said in a previous post Camaro and Corvette customers have different expectations than Cruze and Malibu customers because the cars are unique, expensive, and very enthusiast oriented. I also said Chevy dealers need to have separate sales and service specifically reserved only for Corvette and Camaro customers.

When the 2SS is starting to catch the eye of BMW M3 enthusiasts Chevy dealers need to be ready to cater to very snobby car guys. You're a salesman. Don't get mad - get with it!

Don't lose a sale of a great car that practically sells itself because the buyer is just really particular about it!

Be honest: have you ever met a Corvette or Camaro buyer who wasn't at least slightly anal retentive about their car?

It's the nature of the car. They don't apeal to soccer Moms.

Last edited by fastball; 09-23-2016 at 02:22 PM.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #37
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

I said in a previous post Camaro and Corvette customers have different expectations than Cruze and Malibu customers because the cars are unique, expensive, and very enthusiast oriented. I also said Chevy dealers need to have separate sales and service specifically reserved only for Corvette and Camaro customers.

When the 2SS is starting to catch the eye of BMW M3 enthusiasts Chevy dealers need to be ready to cater to very snobby car guys. You're a salesman. Don't get mad - get with it!

Don't lose a sale of a great car that practically sells itself because the buyer is just really particular about it!

Be honest: have you ever met a Corvette or Camaro buyer who wasn't at least slightly anal retentive about their car?

I don't hate car dealers chill.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:44 PM   #38
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I'll be removing the plastic, myself, at the dealer.

So this way, I can be the first one to inspect the vehicle and if there's anything I am not happy with.

I have 20/10 vision and know exactly how to look over a car for consistent paint, consistent panel gaps, and even the finest nicks, dents, and scratches. Will be bringing an LED pure white flashlight with me and taking the car out into the parking lot and turning it at all angles in the sun and shade to check everything.

The car dealer ain't a body shop. Can they catch a major scratch, dent, or panel misalignment? Sure. They won't be checking details.
Are you going to accept responsibility for any damage you cause while removing the plastic?

If you find any damage after removing the plastic who will you blame since you are the only one that touched the car?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #39
EXSSIVE

Quote:

Did I mention anything about "people hating dealers"?

That was me, speaking as an enthusiast, not a sales person, who can be very particular about his cars. There's being picky and then there is just being a jerk about it and acting like you're better than everyone else and acting like nobody can ever live up to your standards.

When it comes to cars, things happen, mistakes happen, and no car is ever perfect straight from the factory. Some times it's best just to let it go and enjoy the car. These things really are amazing!!

I do agree, Camaro and Corvette buyers do expect more. With that being said, what I expect, is for my guys to work just as hard on someones Spark as they do on your Camaro. No matter what someone is purchasing from me, typically they're getting the most vehicle that they can afford at that time. It's for that fact, that some of the well to do Corvette guys are so easy to deal with, some of those guys just don't care and it's just another car to them. I have one guy that actually DD's his 'Vette in the winter with a set of snows, if something happens, he'll replace it with another just as he did when his previous car was stolen.

Again, I'm not mad in any way and I'm not sure where you're getting that from? Just telling it like it is. If you don't let us do our job, you will typically have a bad experience. Sales consultants are the professionals, we do this every single day. It's always the guys who want things done their way that spend twice the amount of time at the dealership and they're also typically the least happy. Again, I speak from experience.

By the way, no car sells itself and a sales consultant is only as good as the team backing him up. If you think a car sells itself, you know little to nothing of automotive sales. Not a personal attack, just what it is. (Read: still not mad, lol)

There's an old sales saying- A sale is not made or lost over a few dollars, but a few words.

Also, soccer moms love my car, lol.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:24 PM   #40
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
To make it simple OP,

Reject the wash, ask for a water rinse down only with a hose (so you can inspect for obvious damages) Get the car detailed within the first 24-48 hours and look for any obvious damages that only show up after a proper detail.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #41
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:

I don't want m3 drivers driving my brand to be honest. They are pretentious assholes, or kids with dads cash acting like douche bags..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:34 PM   #42
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
I don't hate car dealers chill.
I do.
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote