Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #15
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
V6 1LE vs GT? really?
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...p-2016-feature

Base price: $34,495
Sounds like base GT territory to me.
inramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #16
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
How the cars compare performance wise doesn't change where they fall in the respective lineups and what matches up with what model wise...
They are closer price wise than you think- Except maybe the GT350 vs SS 1LE
inramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #17
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
How the cars compare performance wise doesn't change where they fall in the respective lineups and what matches up with what model wise...
According to whom? Who determines where the lineups belong? Certainly not you or me.

IMHO, Based off of the current offerings...

Chevy Ford
none GT
SS GTPP
1le GT350
none GT350R

Chevy doesn't have a base touring model that compares to the base GT. The 1SS already includes all of the goodies that in the past would have been included in the 1SS option. Remember the days where the Z28 was the base option that matched with the GT and the 1SS was the upgrade?

A few notes...

The GT and the GTPP are cheaper than the SS offerings.

The 1le package is over twice the package price of the GTPP.

A large number of GT's sold include the performance pack, and they can be found at every ford dealer to test drive. The same cannot be said of the 1le...it's a much more exclusive package (most will likely be special dealer orders).

In the end, it doesn't really matter what you or I think. This is largely what the buying public seems to think (as seen with the large number of GTs that are sold with the performance pack).
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #18
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
It is pretty confusing comparing trims since they're all equipped differently. Base GT is exactly what it is, a base GT. But a base SS, GM put a lot of performance stuff even more than the GT PP hence the price increase.

The lower trims, V6 vs V6 and EB vs 2.0T (or vice versa) are easier to compare.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #19
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
According to whom? Who determines where the lineups belong? Certainly not you or me.

IMHO, Based off of the current offerings...

Chevy Ford
none GT
SS GTPP
1le GT350
none GT350R

Chevy doesn't have a base touring model that compares to the base GT. The 1SS already includes all of the goodies that in the past would have been included in the 1SS option. Remember the days where the Z28 was the base option that matched with the GT and the 1SS was the upgrade?

A few notes...

The GT and the GTPP are cheaper than the SS offerings.

The 1le package is over twice the package price of the GTPP.

A large number of GT's sold include the performance pack, and they can be found at every ford dealer to test drive. The same cannot be said of the 1le...it's a much more exclusive package (most will likely be special dealer orders).

In the end, it doesn't really matter what you or I think. This is largely what the buying public seems to think (as seen with the large number of GTs that are sold with the performance pack).
Just because YOU don't agree with it, or since the GT PP gets hammered by the SS 1LE doesn't mean that they are not in the same category anymore. So take that BS of yours out of here...if it was the other way around you would be crying about that too....how the cars fall performance wise doesn't change where they fall in the respective lines.

Bottom line is the GT and SS and GT PP and SS 1LE are in the same categories. They are both the mid placed, mid priced, non premium model, performance cars in the line up. The others are the performance packs added to the same cars...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Just because YOU don't agree with it, or since the GT PP gets hammered by the SS 1LE doesn't mean that they are not in the same category anymore. So take that BS of yours out of here...if it was the other way around you would be crying about that too....

Bottom line is the GT PP and SS 1LE are in the same category. They are both performance packs added to mid range, non premium models in the line ups.

There doesn't HAVE to be direct match for each model.

As it stands, the camaro does not have a model that matches up to the base GT.

The 1le really doesn't match up with anything that Ford offers either. It's a $6500 track package where ford has a $3000 street performance package. It is not claimed to be a track package. Ford does sell an aftermarket track package however.

GM really doesn't have a camaro that matches up with the GT350 or GT350R.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
There doesn't HAVE to be direct match for each model.

As it stands, the camaro does not have a model that matches up to the base GT.
Sure they do, it's called a 1SS. Like it or not, that's it.

Quote:
The 1le really doesn't match up with anything that Ford offers either. It's a $6500 track package where ford has a $3000 street performance package. It is not claimed to be a track package...that Ford sells aftermarket.
The GT PP and SS 1LE are direct competitors, whose manufacturers just choose different paths. They are both based off the same level car, and both option packages, not different models. They are both even called the same thing...performance packages...

A1Y - SS PERFORMANCE PACKAGE is the order code for a 1LE option on an SS...

Quote:
GM really doesn't have a camaro that matches up with the GT350 or GT350R.
At this time, correct.

Also, the public doesn't determine what cars are meant to be in the same class, the car manufactures position the cars where they see fit in their lines. The public can "move things around" all they want to satisfy themselves, it doesn't change anything. I have been doing advertising and marketing as a career for twenty years, I know how this works...
Old 09-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
SS - GT
SS 1LE - GT PP
ZL1 - GT500 (or whatever they will call it)
Z28 - GT350

Yes, the SS 1LE is miles ahead of the GT PP, but that's not GM's fault. They are both performance packs that can be added to their respective similar models. A SS 1LE may have similar performance to a GT350 (sucks for Ford), but the two cars are not in the same categories. The SS 1LE is just hitting above it's class, that doesn't mean it gets moved up because some people feel like it. The GT350 is a separate premium model, that starts at some $12,000 more...

This ^ It is not GM's fault that there track pack is way more track focused than Ford's performance pack. Ford went conservative with their optional performance pack. GM went balls to wall with it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #23
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This ^ It is not GM's fault that there track pack is way more track focused than Ford's performance pack. Ford went conservative with their optional performance pack. GM went balls to wall with it.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #24
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Sure they do, it's called a 1SS. Like it or not, that's it.

The GT PP and SS 1LE are direct competitors, whose manufacturers just choose different paths. They are both based off the same level car, and both option packages, not different models. They are both even called the same thing...performance packages...

A1Y - SS PERFORMANCE PACKAGE is the order code for a 1LE option on an SS...

At this time, correct.

Also, the public doesn't determine what cars are meant to be in the same class, the car manufactures position the cars where they see fit in their lines. The public can "move things around" all they want to satisfy themselves, it doesn't change anything. I have been doing advertising and marketing as a career for twenty years, I know how this works...
Let me ask you a question. Back when Gm had the z28 as the base and the SS as the performance package, what was the direct competitor for the SS? The Z28?

Again, GM does not have a vehicle that compares to the base GT. They used to, but they decided to upscale the Z28. The fact that both the base GT and the GTPP are cheaper than the 1SS just highlights the fact.

How can you compare a $6500 track package with a $3000 street package is beyond me. You are obviously allowed to have an opinion.

You can market these products however you want. It's where the consumers are spending their money that determines how they compare. I can market a bag full of shit as a lazy boy but in end its going to sell as fertilizer.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #25
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Let me ask you a question. Back when Gm had the z28 as the base and the SS as the performance package, what was the direct competitor for the SS? The Z28?

Again, GM does not have a vehicle that compares to the base GT. They used to, but they decided to upscale the Z28. The fact that both the base GT and the GTPP are cheaper than the 1SS just highlights the fact.

How can you compare a $6500 track package with a $3000 street package is beyond me. You are obviously allowed to have an opinion.

You can market these products however you want. It's where the consumers are spending their money that determines how they compare. I can market a bag full of shit as a lazy boy but in end its going to sell as fertilizer.
Its pretty easy to see how they compare. They are both performance oriented packages on a mid level trim of the vehicle. Obviously, one has more content, more performance oriented content and thus a higher price.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #26
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:

Keep on twisting things around to make yourself feel better and suit your needs, that is all you do on this forum.

...and FYI the 4th gen SS was considered an alteration package, not a performance package. It was basically an appearance package in reality, different hood, wing, wheels, trim, a few upgraded bushings, one sway bar was a little larger, that's basically it...the Z28's had the same diffs later on too. It and the Z28 performance wise would have been basically the same back then. I know, I had one of each...sold the SS for a Cobra in '03.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #27
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Its pretty easy to see how they compare. They are both performance oriented packages on a mid level trim of the vehicle. Obviously, one has more content, more performance oriented content and thus a higher price.
Again...
Old 09-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #28
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Keep on twisting things around to make yourself feel better and suit your needs, that is all you do on this forum.

...and FYI the 4th gen SS was considered an alteration package, not a performance package. It was basically an appearance package in reality, different hood, wing, wheels, trim, a few upgraded bushings, one sway bar was a little larger, that's basically it...the Z28's had the same diffs later on too. It and the Z28 performance wise would have been basically the same back then. I know, I had one of each...sold the SS for a Cobra in '03.
I'm not twisting anything around....and you didn't answer the question.