Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #57
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
@ macwest. I can't prove you wrong b/c your version of GM listening to customers involves listening to everything every single customer wants. Sorry, it's just not possible. You can't cater to everyone's whim.

I understand why GM is protecting the Z/28 brand. Look at the proliferation of ZL1 parts all over Camaros. Just as many people were mad at GM for allowing so many ZL1 parts on SS, LT's and LS Camaros. I've already stated publicly that I'd love to get my hands on the carbon ceramic brakes from the Z/28 but that's not going to happen and I'm not that broken up about it. I can get aftermarket parts that will more than meet my needs.

Lastly, when Scott Settlemire comes into a thread and says GM listens to Camaro owners, you really don't have much of a leg to stand on. His reputation stands on it's own with the Camaro community, he has nothing to gain by posting statements that are contrary to opinions that suggest that GM isn't listening to their customers. He isn't saying GM is listening because he wants people to believe it, he's saying it because he's living it and he knows firsthand the effort that GM makes.

I'm sad that he had to.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #58
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
That is total BS. GM just wants to jack up prices The manufacture has to offer replacement parts so extra parts have to be made. If I buy a z28 tomorrow and keep busting the front fender flare every week gm has to sale me another . They can not limit me. Also, if you limit the parts the owners 10 years down the road will have hell of chance of finding a replacement if they need it. I sure as hell would not want to buy a car like that. During the 80's when I restored 60's cars I went through that and finding a part at time was impossible and really sucked donkey doo.

Looks like we need a group to start a grey market buy a z28 and start rolling out parts. Then Guess what? All GM has achieved is to piss off many loyal followers but all camaro owners still get the parts and gm did not succeed.

For the sake of argument, let's pretend supply and logistics has nothing to do with running America's largest dealer and parts network. You could have done some research. Gen5DIY claims to have access to these parts. Coincidentally, Ofer has ordered a Z/28.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #59
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
That is total BS. GM just wants to jack up prices The manufacture has to offer replacement parts so extra parts have to be made. If I buy a z28 tomorrow and keep busting the front fender flare every week gm has to sale me another . They can not limit me. Also, if you limit the parts the owners 10 years down the road will have hell of chance of finding a replacement if they need it. I sure as hell would not want to buy a car like that. During the 80's when I restored 60's cars I went through that and finding a part at time was impossible and really sucked donkey doo.

Looks like we need a group to start a grey market buy a z28 and start rolling out parts. Then Guess what? All GM has achieved is to piss off many loyal followers but all camaro owners still get the parts and gm did not succeed.
So you want GM to stockpile every single part of every car, just to please a handful of people? it would cost more to keep the overhead, than to appease you. Pretty ridiculous to ask GM to have extras of every car they've ever built, for the off chance that someone will need a 1972 Camaro fender (just an example). Probably cheaper for both the consumer and the company if you just went to a shop to repair it, or find something in the junkyard...
Old 04-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #60
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I appreciate it but want fender flares. I like my dovetail spoiler and would not trade it. I remember waiting for over a year to get it because I bought my car the third month it was offered and dove tail while advertised was not released for over a year later. Talk about Christmas when I finally had it. I took the next day off work to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You can. Go to your local dealership and tell them you want to trade for a Z/28. They will be glad to help you upgrade.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
I am sure I could.. my point is I don't want to buy a whole car just for 1 part. I mean the z28 will still be exclusive with the computer programming it comes with even if nothing else limited. I am not sure anyone else even gets that.

Who knows maybe I will do a trade. But that sure means I need to transfer allot from my current car over. I can see the trade now.. Ok I will buy the car but I want my front end. side skirt, rear end, Pfadt suspension, roll cage, dash, fenders.. the dealer would really love me. Like I said I really like the way gm did the 2010 for it is great just want a few things different on it. I do not think it is to much to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
So you want GM to stockpile every single part of every car, just to please a handful of people?
What I am saying is being so exclusive takes even the remote chance of finding it away. At least on body parts there has to be an adequate supply and having extras on the unique pieces is not a bad thing. ON running components there will be aftermarket . However if I buy a z28 I should reasonably expect in this day and age to find a replacement part 7 years down the road with exclusive on parts that may not be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
@ macwest. I can't prove you wrong b/c your version of GM listening to customers involves listening to everything every single customer wants. Sorry, it's just not possible. You can't cater to everyone's whim.

I am not saying every whim but there are allot of us just asking to be able to buy parts on the restricted list and at least give us a chance to order them. heck if it is that tough give us current owners a 6 month window to order what we want. Many of us have supported the camaro for many years. Heck my family has bought Gm products since back in the 40's. I do not think it is unreasonable to do that

Last edited by macwest; 04-26-2014 at 06:03 PM.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I am not sure anyone else even gets that.
I just don't think that's quite exclusive enough for people dropping 75,000 on a very special Camaro.

But I also understand your point. Perhaps Chevy will offer a happy medium to please most people.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I appreciate it but want fender flares. I like my dovetail spoiler and would not trade it. I remember waiting for over a year to get it because I bought my car the third month it was offered and dove tail while advertised was not released for over a year later. Talk about Christmas when I finally had it. I took the next day off work to install it.

I am sure I could.. my point is I don't want to buy a whole car just for 1 part. I mean the z28 will still be exclusive with the computer programming it comes with even if nothing else limited. I am not sure anyone else even gets that.

Who knows maybe I will do a trade. But that sure means I need to transfer allot from my current car over. I can see the trade now.. Ok I will buy the car but I want my front end. side skirt, rear end, Pfadt suspension, roll cage, dash, fenders.. the dealer would really love me. Like I said I really like the way gm did the 2010 for it is great just want a few things different on it. I do not think it is to much to ask
Something you may not have thought of, but with the changes to the front and rear fascias the flares for the Z/28 may not even fit your car.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #63
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Basically, you're complaining that a low-production car has limited parts availability. GM should not have to produce hundreds of extras for a car that has limited production. It's bad for profit margins and lowers the incentive to buy the actual car. Perhaps this is evidence of GM listening to all the guys that complained about people buying ZL1 front ends for their V6s. You can't have it both ways.
Exactly...^^^ it sucks that everyone has a ZL1 front end now. The regular Joe can't tell an SS from a ZL1 anymore.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #64
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Exactly...^^^ it sucks that everyone has a ZL1 front end now. The regular Joe can't tell an SS from a ZL1 anymore.
to tell you the truth, a regular joe probably couldn't tell the difference between the two anyway. lol Went to the local car's and coffee a few months ago, and a guy who just bought his Camaro came up to me and asked why the front bumper looked different on my car, compared to his. I had the zl1 front end, he didn't even know that.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #65
macwest

Quote:
A regular Joe may not from looks but when a zl1 owner gets on it they will. But in the end why should you care anyways t is their car and they should be able to modify how they want. Not all people can afford a ZL1 so let them have something they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Something you may not have thought of, but with the changes to the front and rear fascias the flares for the Z/28 may not even fit your car.
I did may have to do some changes because the z28 brings them into the side skits. It will be like adding in the ZL1 air ducts to a SS needs some mods to make it work. Still don't have it exact need to get a zl1 absorber so I can get the room for the duct on the passenger side.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #66
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
A regular Joe may not from looks but when a zl1 owner gets on it they will. But in the end why should you care anyways t is their car and they should be able to modify how they want. Not all people can afford a ZL1 so let them have something they like.

GM does not represent the entire free market. If people want aftermarket parts, it is up to someone who specializes in aftermarket parts to produce them.

Just because I want a 1969 Camaro SS doesn't mean I have access to one or even access to parts for one.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #67
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
You're making my point very well. I didn't spend extra $$$ to have a ZL1 that looks like every other Camaro on the street. If I had known all the parts would be available I probably would have just done a 1LE.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #68
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

And that's the point. The aftermarket is there to fill that gap. GM makes cars first and foremost.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #69
macwest

Quote:
You're making my point very well. I didn't spend extra $$$ to have a ZL1 that looks like every other Camaro on the street. If I had known all the parts would be available I probably would have just done a 1LE.
And you would have spent more. The zl1 is a great deal for a supercharged camaro. If you are spending the money to have a factory unique car and be exclusive good luck.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #70
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I did may have to do some changes because the z28 brings them into the side skits. It will be like adding in the ZL1 air ducts to a SS needs some mods to make it work. Still don't have it exact need to get a zl1 absorber so I can get the room for the duct on the passenger side.
If you notice the rear of your car tucks under at the rear wheels but on the 14's it is flat. Those flares will not work. Instead of modifying the factory ones why not wait for the aftermarket to design them that will fit your car?
Attached Images