Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-24-2018, 12:10 AM   #15
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I have a calculator I made to look at offset, rim width and tire width and how a proposed size will compare to stock. I have a 1LE, but plugging in those proposed sizes yields front tires sucked in about 5mm compared to my 285s, not significant and not going to look bad, but it also shows that would make the rears stick out 15mm more than my stock 305s. This IMO could be significant. This could rub on the panels during compression, there isn't a whole lotta room there to start with when you have the 305 to go further outward.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:17 AM   #16
Opus13
Opus13

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
I understand you might really like those wheels, but I'd definitely check around for something with more offset and width sizes. I have a 9.5 width in the front with a 275 tires (I don't recall the offset off the top of my head), but I think its definitely one of the best fitments I could have gotten on the car (I'm lowered as hell too).

Check with flow form wheels or Paul from PK autodesign, these two dudes can definitely get you nice wheels with amazing fitment.
Could you please post a pic & the offset as that is exactly what I want to do in the front. Thanks if you can.
Opus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I have a calculator I made to look at offset, rim width and tire width and how a proposed size will compare to stock. I have a 1LE, but plugging in those proposed sizes yields front tires sucked in about 5mm compared to my 285s, not significant and not going to look bad, but it also shows that would make the rears stick out 15mm more than my stock 305s. This IMO could be significant. This could rub on the panels during compression, there isn't a whole lotta room there to start with when you have the 305 to go further outward.
can you explain your calculations? Doesn't seem to make sense based on the wheel and tire size I am talking about.