Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Things to do along the way...

We will be making the trip from Oklahoma so I'll be going through Memphis, Nashville, and St. Louis. Will have to see Graceland and eat some BBQ but looking for suggestions on other places to visit in these cities. We're going to make a week vacation out if this trip. It's almost here and I can't wait!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
We will be making the trip from Oklahoma so I'll be going through Memphis, Nashville, and St. Louis. Will have to see Graceland and eat some BBQ but looking for suggestions on other places to visit in these cities. We're going to make a week vacation out if this trip. It's almost here and I can't wait!
Catch either a Red Birds game (Cardinals AAA franchise) in Memphis or a Cardinals game in St. Louis. I think that going through St. Louis is going to be out of your way??

Memphis BBQ - I recommend the Commissary on Germantown Road. It is in Germantown and mostly just a locals joint.

If you pass through Franklin, TN, then maybe a trip to the Carter House. Although a little bit of the battlefield has been reclaimed, there isn't much left to commemorate the slaughter in Franklin, thanks to John Bell Hood. The Carter House has a lot of interpretation and is good for an hour or two.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Nashville
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #4
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I have organized a trip to memphis with Camaro guys a couple of times now. Can honestly say one of the better weekends I have ever had. Book your tour of elvis home first thing in the morning !. Have lunch there across the street and before lunch look at the car museum there and the planes. Then head down to Sun Records and do the tour of that small Music Studio where alot of legends started. Then Head to Rendezvous for ribs, make a reservation now ! and then head to Beal street to visit the open Bar setting, walk from bar to bar, see street performers..... visit BB Kings place there ect. Its a BLAST ! You can pack alot of fun in one day in Memphis.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Catch either a Red Birds game (Cardinals AAA franchise) in Memphis or a Cardinals game in St. Louis. I think that going through St. Louis is going to be out of your way??

Memphis BBQ - I recommend the Commissary on Germantown Road. It is in Germantown and mostly just a locals joint.

If you pass through Franklin, TN, then maybe a trip to the Carter House. Although a little bit of the battlefield has been reclaimed, there isn't much left to commemorate the slaughter in Franklin, thanks to John Bell Hood. The Carter House has a lot of interpretation and is good for an hour or two.
It's a difference of about 30 minutes if I go through springfield and st Louis or if I go through Memphis and Nashville. We'll take one route there and the other on the way back just to see more places. Thanks for the recommendations, I might check them out.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #6
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Nashville
We're looking forward to Nashville
Old 06-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #7
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Just an hour or so from Bowling Green
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
I have organized a trip to memphis with Camaro guys a couple of times now. Can honestly say one of the better weekends I have ever had. Book your tour of elvis home first thing in the morning !. Have lunch there across the street and before lunch look at the car museum there and the planes. Then head down to Sun Records and do the tour of that small Music Studio where alot of legends started. Then Head to Rendezvous for ribs, make a reservation now ! and then head to Beal street to visit the open Bar setting, walk from bar to bar, see street performers..... visit BB Kings place there ect. Its a BLAST ! You can pack alot of fun in one day in Memphis.
I have wanted to see Graceland for a long time. Someone once told me to buy the VIP tickets even though they're alot more expensive, and you get to skip the lines and see extra parts of the house. Sun records and Beal St are on the list too. This should be a pretty fun trip for us.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
A little more depth to some recommendations:

Springfield - The Original Steak 'n Shake on Glenstone (Rte 66)
Bass Pro Shops - World Headquarters
SCardinals - Cardinals AA franchise

St. Louis - Ted Drewes Frozen Custard - original Rte 66 location
Brewery Tour
Cardinals Game (playing horrible this year -worst in 25 years)
Ball Park Village
Cardinals Hall of Fame (you can hold an actual game used Stan the Man bat)

Memphis -- Commissary and Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ - The original 2265 South 3rd Street -- Both of these are where the locals eat.

WC Handy Park on Beale Street - live, free blues music

Side Trip: Morgan Freeman's Ground Zero Blue's Club - the original in Clarksdale, MS -- REAL Delta Blues Club.

Side Trip between Memphis and Nashville - Franklin, TN

Shiloh National Military Park - One of my favorites. The battlefield is remote enough that it is wonderfully preserved. There are usually very few people at the field. It is a bit off the beaten path and out of your way. The South never smiled again after Shiloh. If you do decide to make this trip, do IM me and I'll make a call and see if any of the rangers that I knew are still working there (Stacey Allen - Park Historian | Dr. Tim Smith - Park Ranger).
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:46 PM   #10
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Native Memphian here. When might you be coming through Memphis? Would be happy to meet up with you. Lots of BBQ choices in the city. Highly recommend Germantown Commissary as well as BBQ Shop, Leonard's, and Central. Interstate is good as well. Rendezvous is not that great compared to other choices in Memphis. The Redbirds are actually no longer owned by the Cardinals so not sure if they are still an AAA Franchise for them now. The games are fun to watch though.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:47 AM   #11
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
A little more depth to some recommendations:

Springfield - The Original Steak 'n Shake on Glenstone (Rte 66)
Bass Pro Shops - World Headquarters
SCardinals - Cardinals AA franchise

St. Louis - Ted Drewes Frozen Custard - original Rte 66 location
Brewery Tour
Cardinals Game (playing horrible this year -worst in 25 years)
Ball Park Village
Cardinals Hall of Fame (you can hold an actual game used Stan the Man bat)

Memphis -- Commissary and Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ - The original 2265 South 3rd Street -- Both of these are where the locals eat.

WC Handy Park on Beale Street - live, free blues music

Side Trip: Morgan Freeman's Ground Zero Blue's Club - the original in Clarksdale, MS -- REAL Delta Blues Club.

Side Trip between Memphis and Nashville - Franklin, TN

Shiloh National Military Park - One of my favorites. The battlefield is remote enough that it is wonderfully preserved. There are usually very few people at the field. It is a bit off the beaten path and out of your way. The South never smiled again after Shiloh. If you do decide to make this trip, do IM me and I'll make a call and see if any of the rangers that I knew are still working there (Stacey Allen - Park Historian | Dr. Tim Smith - Park Ranger).
A lot of good stuff here, I think we would enjoy the Shiloh National Military Park. I'll have to make that one of our stops. I'll IM you when I know we will be going for sure.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #12
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Native Memphian here. When might you be coming through Memphis? Would be happy to meet up with you. Lots of BBQ choices in the city. Highly recommend Germantown Commissary as well as BBQ Shop, Leonard's, and Central. Interstate is good as well. Rendezvous is not that great compared to other choices in Memphis. The Redbirds are actually no longer owned by the Cardinals so not sure if they are still an AAA Franchise for them now. The games are fun to watch though.
It'll be before fest, probably July 10-12. I'll hit Memphis and Nashville on the way, and then probably St Louis and Springfeild on the way back. I'll message you when I know for sure what day we're coming through, maybe we could meet up for some Memphis BBQ.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #13
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
It'll be before fest, probably July 10-12. I'll hit Memphis and Nashville on the way, and then probably St Louis and Springfeild on the way back. I'll message you when I know for sure what day we're coming through, maybe we could meet up for some Memphis BBQ.
Sounds good! Just let me know.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #14
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Quote:
I have wanted to see Graceland for a long time. Someone once told me to buy the VIP tickets even though they're alot more expensive, and you get to skip the lines and see extra parts of the house. Sun records and Beal St are on the list too. This should be a pretty fun trip for us.
yes get the VIP pass so you can see everything, we found it to be worth the extra cost.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote