Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #71
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blam2526 View Post
Latest update... the dealer said they got all the replacement parts in Friday. The tech that was supposed to work on it had a scheduled day of leave, understandable. Then Monday I get a text from the dealer that the tech called in for the eclipse, and today he texted me saying the guys daughter is sick and he doesn't know when he might be back. Really has me feeling like an ass if the guys daughter is really sick, but is there not another tech that is capable of swapping an axle, replacing some bolts, and replacing the mag ride sensor? Getting more frustrated by the day.
This is the type of crap that makes you mad. I understand. How would you feel if somebody went to your boss with a problem? It would get your attention, right? Bypass the guy that is telling you this, and find the GENERAL MANAGER of the store and go stand on his desk and tell HIM the story. He is the only person in the dealership that overrides everybody in all departments. When a GM gets a complaint, it's the best chance you have a making something happen. you want to mention to him that you're going to give them a bad survey unless this is rectified immediately, don't threaten ....just make it a statement of fact.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #72
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
This is the type of crap that makes you mad. I understand. How would you feel if somebody went to your boss with a problem? It would get your attention, right? Bypass the guy that is telling you this, and find the GENERAL MANAGER of the store and go stand on his desk and tell HIM the story. He is the only person in the dealership that overrides everybody in all departments. When a GM gets a complaint, it's the best chance you have a making something happen. you want to mention to him that you're going to give them a bad survey unless this is rectified immediately, don't threaten ....just make it a statement of fact.
Sounds like a crappy outfit if they have only one Certified Mechanic. So all the other mechanics are just changing oil and fixing flats???
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #73
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Latest update... the dealer said they got all the replacement parts in Friday. The tech that was supposed to work on it had a scheduled day of leave, understandable. Then Monday I get a text from the dealer that the tech called in for the eclipse, and today he texted me saying the guys daughter is sick and he doesn't know when he might be back. Really has me feeling like an ass if the guys daughter is really sick, but is there not another tech that is capable of swapping an axle, replacing some bolts, and replacing the mag ride sensor? Getting more frustrated by the day.

There is. Or there should be. And if there isn't that dealer's service department is poorly managed and operated.

Whether the tech's daughter is sick or not isn't even relevant: there should be one or two other guys who can and should be working on it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #74
shawndean22

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
sounds like bs to me, probably still waiting on the parts to arrive. They are never done when they say they are going to be. Just show up there, ask what is going on. People lie....
shawndean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #75
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I'm not sure if I would want someone with a work ethics of taking an unscheduled day off because of an eclipse to work on my car. He could have just walked outside and look for a bit a few times just like everyone else that has a job.

If it was already scheduled then fine but it doesn't sound like it.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #76
Blam2526

Drives: 16 2SS
Quick update. After 10 days in the shop, I got the car back today. As far as the repair, everything appears fine. There's a very small scuff on my front splitter about a 1cm in size. Not much I can do about that I guess as far as liability since I'm sure t was from the tow... I'll just have to touch it up myself. I was slightly agitated that they received the car in garage kept, waxed, dust free condition, and it was returned ridiculously dirty... I'd rather them not detail (wash it with dirty shop rags) anyway but it just sucks that it was so bad. Sandy floor mats, greasy fingerprints on the dash and starter button, they changed personal settings (they disabled the passive door locks), and the outside was attroucious... looked as if it was left outside for 10 days in the rain and possibly parked it under a tree. Looks like some kind of sap or residue all over it. Not much I can do about it tho, just glad to have it back where I can restore its cleanliness. Haha. Will update after I raise a little hell with GM. I met a few people at camaro fest I plan on contacting. Also, if anyone is interested, I'll gladly post the invoice if the work done for those that are curious. Just let me know.
Hyper Blue 2SS, Jet black int, NPP, MRC, 6MT, 56V rims, NAV, Sunroof, Black Bow ties, painted engine cover, black tail lights and side markers, Lime green calipers, custom painted SS badges, Stillen body kit, Borla ATAK and Cat delete Xpipe
Blam2526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #77
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Quick update. After 10 days in the shop, I got the car back today. As far as the repair, everything appears fine. There's a very small scuff on my front splitter about a 1cm in size. Not much I can do about that I guess as far as liability since I'm sure t was from the tow... I'll just have to touch it up myself. I was slightly agitated that they received the car in garage kept, waxed, dust free condition, and it was returned ridiculously dirty... I'd rather them not detail (wash it with dirty shop rags) anyway but it just sucks that it was so bad. Sandy floor mats, greasy fingerprints on the dash and starter button, they changed personal settings (they disabled the passive door locks), and the outside was attroucious... looked as if it was left outside for 10 days in the rain and possibly parked it under a tree. Looks like some kind of sap or residue all over it. Not much I can do about it tho, just glad to have it back where I can restore its cleanliness. Haha. Will update after I raise a little hell with GM. I met a few people at camaro fest I plan on contacting. Also, if anyone is interested, I'll gladly post the invoice if the work done for those that are curious. Just let me know.
What was the dealer name?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #78
Blam2526

Bob Hook Chevy. They have a great sales team, this is really just my first experience other than routine oils changes with them.
Hyper Blue 2SS, Jet black int, NPP, MRC, 6MT, 56V rims, NAV, Sunroof, Black Bow ties, painted engine cover, black tail lights and side markers, Lime green calipers, custom painted SS badges, Stillen body kit, Borla ATAK and Cat delete Xpipe
Old 08-26-2017, 12:08 AM   #79
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Does this dealer not wash cars when they're done with them? Ive worked for 3 different dealers in 15 years and all 3 have washed cars after repairs unless told otherwise by the customer. In your case, sounds to me like you wouldn't have wanted them to anyways, as usually they are not touchless washes. It is most likely that your vehicle was pushed back to the parking lot while parts were ordered/delivered. Especially if they weren't able to deliver them overnight.
The greasy finger prints on dash etc is not acceptable at all. The tech should've taken the time to clean up before getting in your car or even if he/she hadn't, the should've cleaned it off before you received it back. I usually spend some time myself to just clean some interiors, usually the areas touched the most, just to make sure the car goes back to the customer better than I received it. Then the car will go to our lot attendants who will run it through the wash, clean the wheels, hand dry it, vacuum the interior and if its slow, they will clean windows and apply tire shine. You can speak with Service Manager or General Manager, to be honest, its probably not the first time someone will have called them to complain about the same thing.
Im not certain why your door lock setting would have changed. Only thing I can think of is if they had to disconnect the battery to do the repair, it may have reset it. If that is the case, I know thats not something I wouldve reset. When I was with Mazda, I would be sure to reset the clock (in older cars) and all the radio stations. Now in Mercedes, there are way too many available slots for me to take the time to write down all the customers presets and then reset them. Luckily, I dont usually have to anyways as those cars are really good about holding that memory. Beyond those two things, I wont look into any other settings. I also do my best not to move seats and mirrors, even if its some little ol lady that my knees are smashed into the dash. That of course will change if I need to take a test drive. Cannot safely drive the car like that. Sounds like they came up short on your service visit, unfortunate.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #80
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
ugh that's frustrating. My Mustang was at a Ford dealer for a week, then they told me sorry we can't do anything it's modified. Same shit, parked outside, it looked like it was in a sand storm and rained on. I always garaged it and it was immaculate when I dropped it off.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:33 AM   #81
Blam2526

GrimReaperSS.... you're right. I'd rather just go ahead and wash it myself. The setting they changed was the auto door lock... it's probably since I gave them my wife's key (she's 5'0") and the seats auto adjust really far up. Not a huge deal but they could've either swapped t back or at least told me. Thank goodness this is almost 100% resolved now though.

One positive thing to come out of this: it seems that the infamous "rear end groan" has gone away. I've only had a cold start this morning and it didn't do it, and then yesterday after I picked it up, it sat for about 6 hours at work and didn't do it when first started. Hopefully it's stays gone!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:06 AM   #82
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
I would recommend that if you guys dont want your cars to be that dirty when you get them back (especially if you dont want the dealer to wash them), ask them if the car can be left inside. Not necessarily taking up valuable space in the shop, but if they have a new car delivery area, that usually works at my dealer.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:27 PM   #83
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Bob Hook Chevy. They have a great sales team, this is really just my first experience other than routine oils changes with them.
Maybe we should pay Bob Hook a visit.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #84
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
That works great till you need to go back to that dealer, if you do this remamer to not go back to that dealer for any more work.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote