Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #15
Dusk 2SS

Drives: 2013 SS/RS A6 Dusk
Can we go more than a few days without a post regarding the next generation Camaro? This generation has barely started. Let's embrace it instead of worrying about what's to come.
Dusk 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #16
JoansDriver
Hoser Orange

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCraig View Post
Do you think it will be so soon? With the exception of 1st Gens, they have a pretty long run life.
Gen 1 3 years 67-69
Gen 2 12 years 70-81
Gen 3 11 years 82-92
Gen 4 10 years 93-02

2017 would be on par.
I don't see any reason to make dramatic changes for at least another few years. 6th Gen can wait until 2016-2017 as far as I'm concerned.
JoansDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #17
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I agree with those who say 2016-2017, this 5th gen isn't going anywhere soon considering how well they sell & how much the public loves the design. GM will likely just keep updating the Interior w/ new gadgets, and such and new appearance packages for the exterior.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #18
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
6th gens aren't coming for about 2 more years as the earliest. There probably isn't a whole lot finalized yet to be leaked. And with the Mustang coming a year before, you know there will probably be certain changes that they'll wait on until after that comes out.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I thought 2015 model year was already confirmed. If so it will be at least another year or more before things even start leaking out.
Nope. Not confirmed. Just a lot of people talking on here like it has been confirmed.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #20
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
No...

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
GM is well-known to keep a model style with subtle changes if any. Just be glad the Camaro isn't a Chevy Truck, those go almost two decades without significant change.

It is going to be hard to please "everyone" on a Gen6 change, as the Gen5 has been so well received. The Gen5 is VERY good as it is isn't a complete retro-ripoff of past glory years like the Mustang and Challenger all but are. Gen5 Camaro is what it would have been in 67 if GM had the techology back then. Present day Mustangs and Challengers are from a design team with no vision or creativity. Having just wrote that, if the new Mustang is anything like I have seen, it looks like a Tauras suppository...
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #22
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
This is one of the problems with the corporate mindset. I can't believe they've left it alone this long. It seems like they have to redesign every freaking year to keep things "new". Personally that pisses me off. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Stop shuffling the products all over the damn store so I have to go looking for the paper plates in a new spot every two months.
I love my Camaro and I love that here in Utah, you still don't see very many of them.
A redesign in 2015 would be nice. Probably time to trade up about then anyway....as long as they don't screw it up. That's what I'm always afraid of.
You're going to end up with a Lumina that looks like an Accord, with a Camaro badge on it.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Please. They are making a killing on this design, why change as soon as 5 years into it?
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
It's been published repeatedly that the next model Camaro will probably release as a 2016 model based on the Alpha platform. This will be right behind the Mustang re-design, and around the same time the SRT Barracuda replaces the Challenger. If you take a look at the concept designs of the Mustang and Barracuda, you may get some clues as to where the style of the 6th gen Camaro will end up. Stick your 5th gen in the oven until the edges melt down a bit, and it sheds about 400lbs. The only thing that stops the Camaro from becoming really low and sleak is the Corvette.

A troubling note;
An article in Car & Driver this month about the Barracuda stated it may be offed with a 4-cylinder (possibly forced induction) since the Mustang and Camaro will offer that option in the next round...

...but the V-8's will stay. (if you can believe Car & Driver)

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
It's been published repeatedly that the next model Camaro will probably release as a 2016 model based on the Alpha platform. This will be right behind the Mustang re-design, and around the same time the SRT Barracuda replaces the Challenger. If you take a look at the concept designs of the Mustang and Barracuda, you may get some clues as to where the style of the 6th gen Camaro will end up. Stick your 5th gen in the oven until the edges melt down a bit, and it sheds about 400lbs. The only thing that stops the Camaro from becoming really low and sleak is the Corvette.

A troubling note;
An article in Car & Driver this month about the Barracuda stated it may be offed with a 4-cylinder (possibly forced induction) since the Mustang and Camaro will offer that option in the next round...

Good response above. I love to stay on top of new model releases, as well as follow the Cadillac ATS which is based on the Alpha platform that the next Camaro should be on. From that, I gather it will be a 2015 or 2016 model year, with availability in late 2014 or 2015.

We shouldn't expect anything too significant besides hearsay for at least another year or longer I'd say. I think waiting much past that could be problematic for GM assuming the next gen Mustang is successful. Both the next gen Mustang and Camaro should be slightly smaller and light...assume at least 250 to 300 lbs for the Camaro. It should definitely surpass the 5th gen in terms of a "drivers car"...we just have to hope they nail the styling.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Please. They are making a killing on this design, why change as soon as 5 years into it?
Because there's a new Mustang right around the corner.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post

A troubling note;

speaking of barraduca...here's a very poorly done concept rendering. looks like the camaro and challenger had a baby, that got slapped with the ugly stick.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...acuda-concept/