Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 11-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
Exgermanowner

Drives: Bone stock
Almost an Owner - Recaro Question

I test drove a base 1SS with no sunroof and the dual mode exhaust since there isn't a 1LE within a 100 miles of me. I really liked it and will probably buy a 1LE.

Question about the Recaro's and I did try a couple searches and didn't see this come up.

1. Does the headrest adjust up? I ask for two reasons, comfort as well as wanting to run a Schroth Quick Fit pro and if the headrest is fixed that won't work.

2. Has anyone sat in the base SS with a helmet and then a 1LE to see if the Recaro's sit the same or lower? I ask because I fit in the 1SS with my helmet in the right driving position with great helmet clearance and I'm 6'1. I was thrilled actually, but have read people on here saying they're heads are hitting the roof in the recaro's, but they were 6'2 plus. Would be odd, but just asking because there will be no physical way for me to check myself.
Exgermanowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
1. Yes, I believe the headrests adjust, just never tried it myself to know for sure. I'll try to remember to check when I get home to be sure

2. I'm 6'0 and have tracked both a base 1SS and the 1LE. I never had any issues with fitting w/a helmet and probably have 1.5-2" of clearance and a little bit of room to move the seat down lower. I'd be very surprised if you'd have issues fitting.

I highly recommend a 1LE even if the Recaros don't meet your needs. The other performance benefits, specifically the eLSD, really make it worthwhile for track use and it's nearly impossible to add one in yourself later. Worst case, I feel like you'd easily be able to find someone that'd be willing to trade their base seats + cash for your Recaros if they don't end up working for you
Old 11-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Yes the headrest adjust up.

Only thing I hate is the angle of the headrest on the recaros, I feel like they are to far forward. On long trips it hurts my neck after awhile and at track with helmet your head is pushed forward even worse.
7speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
Exgermanowner

Thanks for the feedback. Absolutely I will be getting the 1LE option package. That's what attracted me back to an American performance car after my 16' Audi expired on the track spectacularly. Hence my user name

On the headrest tilt, I wonder if an upholsterer could take out some of the material to lessen that impact?
Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post

Only thing I hate is the angle of the headrest on the recaros, I feel like they are to far forward. On long trips it hurts my neck after awhile and at track with helmet your head is pushed forward even worse.
That and not having adjustable lumbar support are my biggest complaints about the Recaros. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me to not have good lumbar support or a ratcheting head reset, but it is what it is.

As others have mentioned head rest adjusts up and the seat can adjust pretty low.
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:

Be glad you have the Recaros, the headrest on the regular SS seats points forward and comes out about 2 inches farther than on the Recaros, it was the #1 thing I hated about the interior on the 6th gens, so I was overjoyed when I first sat in the Recaros!
Old 11-20-2017, 11:10 AM   #7
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exgermanowner View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Absolutely I will be getting the 1LE option package. That's what attracted me back to an American performance car after my 16' Audi expired on the track spectacularly. Hence my user name

On the headrest tilt, I wonder if an upholsterer could take out some of the material to lessen that impact?
There are a couple Hendricks dealers down there in NC that have 1LE's listed at $7,000 off sticker.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
Exgermanowner

I'll have to search by Inventory in the Hendricks site. Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding the comment on the reg SS headrests sticking out even further than the Recaro's, that's great news cause I didn't find them too offensive, of course that was only spending 5 mins in the seats with my helmet on.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
DC2NERD

Drives: 17 SS 1LE and 95 Integra Track Rat
PM me your number, you are more than welcome to come check fitment in my car, I'm just over in Haw River.
DC2NERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #10
Exgermanowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2NERD View Post
PM me your number, you are more than welcome to come check fitment in my car, I'm just over in Haw River.
Awesome, I will
Old 11-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #11
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Yes, they adjust and I'm 6'6 and fit (barely) with a helmet lol.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #12
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Headrests do adjust up and down. I fit fine with my helmet on at 6'0". I would call a few dealers in your area, or check on the 6th gen 1LE facebook group, I'm sure someone in the area has a car you can sit in to verify that you're good to go. Remember you can check the seats out in a ZL1 or ZL1 1LE too. All the Recaros are the same, cosmetic differences only.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #13
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2NERD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exgermanowner View Post
Awesome, I will

Old 11-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #14
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:

This also bugs me as I don't prefer the reclined position, in order to alleviate the push with helmet :/ I really like the seat itself and the height (compared to GT350 that feels very awkward) but wouldn't mind having a one piece back with pass thrus (like many other factory recaros including the Gen 5 Camaro)
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote