#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-20-2017, 02:48 AM   #57
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Took off the left side today and both of mine still look perfect. I’ll look at them again next weekend (28th and 29th) at the end of each day to see how they are holding up
Good deal! The replacement parts came in yesterday so I'll have mine put together this weekend.
TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #58
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Have you heard any update from Justin on a redesign or have you had any more events to test the replacements out? I have another event this Sunday.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #59
TEX1LE

Quote:
Have you heard any update from Justin on a redesign or have you had any more events to test the replacements out? I have another event this Sunday.
Hey Eric... The replacement part failed and Justin confirmed a couple of days ago that the new design is finished. I should have the new designed parts before or shortly after thanksgiving and my next event is 12/2. It's a 6 session track day so that should be a good test to see if they hold up. I'm accepting the new parts with a raw finish so I can get them as quickly as possible to test them before the season ends, not sure when the finished product will be ready.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #60
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
Hey Eric... The replacement part failed and Justin confirmed a couple of days ago that the new design is finished. I should have the new designed parts before or shortly after thanksgiving and my next event is 12/2. It's a 6 session track day so that should be a good test to see if they hold up. I'm accepting the new parts with a raw finish so I can get them as quickly as possible to test them before the season ends, not sure when the finished product will be ready.
So your replacements failed as well?? What the hell. I guess I'll be checking mine again when I get home for my track day this sunday. I didn't check them after my last track weekend. How is no one else having failures. I assume you're torquing them down with a torque wrench to proper specs right?
Old 11-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #61
TEX1LE

Quote:
So your replacements failed as well?? What the hell. I guess I'll be checking mine again when I get home for my track day this sunday. I didn't check them after my last track weekend. How is no one else having failures. I assume you're torquing them down with a torque wrench to proper specs right?

I'm not sure what's going on everything is torqued down properly with Loctite. The only difference I can think of is I have BMR lowering springs or maybe there was a bad batch of metal used, not sure but very frustrating I'm tired of taking my car apart.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #62
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
I'm not sure what's going on everything is torqued down properly with Loctite. The only difference I can think of is I have BMR lowering springs or maybe there was a bad batch of metal used, not sure but very frustrating I'm tired of taking my car apart.
I'm on BMR springs as well. So weird. I'm going to pull mine again tonight to check them out.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #63
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Last time I checked my plates they were OK, but is Moreno going to be sending replacement parts as a precaution?
Old 11-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #64
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Last time I checked my plates they were OK, but is Moreno going to be sending replacement parts as a precaution?
I texted Justin yesterday and have not heard back yet but I know he'll get back to me eventually. He has been pretty cool to deal with. From what I understand they will be redesigning and shipping the new piece to us early adopters. I'm not sure exactly when that will be though.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #65
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I texted Justin yesterday and have not heard back yet but I know he'll get back to me eventually. He has been pretty cool to deal with. From what I understand they will be redesigning and shipping the new piece to us early adopters. I'm not sure exactly when that will be though.
Cool, I hope they make it right. I really like the plates otherwise. Sooner is better but at this point I'd rather have it be designed right than again [again].
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #66
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Just pulled mine apart again tonight and they still look fine. It’s real easy and only takes about 30 minutes to do each side.

1) Jack car up and put the corner on a jack stand. Pull wheel
2) put jack under the rotor and jack up just a touch so you can undo the sway bar end link at the strut
3) remove the three camber adjustment bolts. You DO NOT need to remove the bolts that hold the caster adjustment and top plate to the shock tower.
4) once you have those three camber adjustment bolts lower the jack and the strut will drop far enough to see the mid plate that holds the spherical bearing. You can see it and you can also rotate the center plate around the spherical bearing and see if all.
5) If all looks good, put it back together and go to the other side.

It really is pretty easy to do if you want piece of mind until the updated pieces arrive.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #67
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I'll be doing a full inspection after laguna seca this weekend. Hoping to find everything in tact but I like the idea of a redesigned replacement if these have a weakness.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #68
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:

crazy the old ones failed. but def cool the new ones are done. never got around to installing mine, so I hope these are the end all be all in revisions.

I don't need em to be fancy in design & looks as long as they function.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #69
1LE76G

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Anymore issues with these?
1LE76G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #70
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
So, this maybe an alternative...
https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/sus...tr_10039=Front