Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #183
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Awesome. My clock starts for buying a cheap 2012-2014 ZL1 off somebody in favor of the new model!
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #184
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
What an amazing coincidence we get these pictures on the same day Ford releases the specs for the 2015 Mustang lineup.
And exactly 6 months until North American International Auto Show 2015, public show starts Jan 17th.
sschons74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #185
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No, seriously doubt you'll see a hatch. As I said earlier, hatch backs don't sell in the US. And to have a C7 clone for the back end will certainly send Camaro5 into a huge tailspin.

I think what you are seeing here is THE most cleverly disguised car I've ever seen. We took huge steps with the C6 and I've seen GM go to great lengths.

I think you are seeing a car with the windshield dramatically taped smaller.

I think you are seeing a car that may have a Gen 5 front fascia under the Camo to further disguise the front look. Check out the area by the side marker tape. It bulges out more than the rest of the car.

The real back glass under the fake rear glass is also heavily tape up to make it look smaller.

The only things you can see that I count on are the wheel proportions, the exhaust and the OSRV mirrors. Beyond that everything is covered, padded and taped.

Look at some of the side view shots. The fake decklid is actually longer than the rear fascia.

Anyone that says "I don't like it" has x-ray vision in order to make that statement.

The doors are so padded that I'm not even believing the belt line is real.

There is no way to see any feature line on the car. Front fenders are fully padded. Rear quarter panel is fully padded and the doors are padded.

Take all that padding off and I think we are going to see a very tight car. My only hope is GM finally has figured out how to provide great interior space inside a small car.

It is VERY hard to see what we have here.

While it's cool to see someone finally caught a 6th gen out in the wild, there's nothing we can really tell from these photos except for basic proportions. Very excited to see upcoming news/leaks though!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #186
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
What tail lights are you guys even seeing? There is just mesh over an area where there will be a tail lamp someday.

Remember the "are these the real headlamps" thread? If these are the first prototypes, then the real lights are a ways away.

You guys are seeing things that aren't even there yet............................which is what they want.
Oh the memories...Takes me back a few years ago. Remember we have a new crowd here.

Your making great points as always. I agree as I'm confused by this as well.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #187
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I guess being older and having seen this done multiple times with new models or redesigns,I don't get as excited as some do.I do see a similar shape and those wheels look like the new Corvette wheels,this could be a test mule for an engine or who knows what!!!I would buy another Camaro,but this time leave the HSA off or come up with something better for manual drivers.I can't wait to see what comes out though!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #188
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
I just hope to god whomever designed the outsides of the new GM SUVs has nothing to do with this car. That Escalade in the pic is
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #189
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

It looks like the front windshield does come back much farther over the roof and the side glass is lower than it appears. It also appears the door handle may be near the back of the side window(?). I still see a coke-bottle shape (which is good).
Old 07-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #190
shoman04

Drives: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO
Tran ''
"Codenamed "A1BC," the 2016 Chevy Camaro will be all-new underneath as it ditches the Zeta chassis in favor of the newer, lighter Alpha chassis. The Alpha chassis is, of course, the platform already in use on the Cadillac ATS and CTS. As a result, the 2016 Camaro is expected to be both lighter and smaller than the current 5th gen Camaro.

The usual lineup of six, and eight, cylinder engines should be expected, with some of those engines featuring forced induction. GM's turbocharged, 2.0L four-cylinder may also serve as the base engine this time around."

SHOMAN04 "As a Ford Guy I think it going to be GREAT! But that's BAD(for FORD)/GOOD thing for the Camaro if a lighter body get that light wt. twin turbo 3.7L caddy monster. Say 3200lb, 420hp, 12.5sec stock!!!!! OH THAT WOULD BE FAST and FUN!!"
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #191
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Looks like with all the padding and stuff on it they tried to make it look as much like a 5th gen as possible. I bet as we see more and more of the disguise come off its going to look much different.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #192
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Looks like with all the padding and stuff on it they tried to make it look as much like a 5th gen as possible. I bet as we see more and more of the disguise come off its going to look much different.
I'm worried that it may look too "much" different.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #193
Wes10222

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS SGM
I can't wait till I see the finished product.

Wes10222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #194
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Haven't noticed a comment yet but these are not pics in the wild. They are pics from above of a non plated vehicle. I'm guessing someone violated a few rules with an aircraft or helicopter to get these pics from the proving grounds.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #195
akaMcBain

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
I think the roof camo is hiding the T-Tops.

But seriously, I'll be planning to check this out at the next Chicago Auto Show even if it debuts earlier elsewhere.
akaMcBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #196
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Haven't noticed a comment yet but these are not pics in the wild. They are pics from above of a non plated vehicle. I'm guessing someone violated a few rules with an aircraft or helicopter to get these pics from the proving grounds.
Or its a intentional leak.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation