Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #253
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
What does it sound like? Could be the belt is stretched out, or if it is a gates belt, try a Goodyear one.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #254
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
From searching all over the forum I think I’ve finally decided. Ordering some Boca Ceramic Hybrid NB2 17x35x10 6003 bearings. Went ahead and ordered 4 to get it over with and hope this will be my last problem until I sale the car later down the road lol here’s to it working out the way I’d like it to for a change.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #255
Patrick864 RS

Don’t think it’s the belt. I originally thought it was but after looking at feedback on bearing threads it has to be the bearings in the pulley. Noises and whatnot that others have reported are just like my car. And the location of noise is right where they would be inside whatever the black piece is they are in lol
Old 10-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #256
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Don’t think it’s the belt. I originally thought it was but after looking at feedback on bearing threads it has to be the bearings in the pulley. Noises and whatnot that others have reported are just like my car. And the location of noise is right where they would be inside whatever the black piece is they are in lol
Yes I ordered the boca bearing when 1 of mine sized up . They fit perfectly , hope you get your problem fixed
Old 10-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #257
Patrick864 RS

It doesn’t make sense though because the squealing noise stops when spraying water on the belt. So I guess it’s a pulley misalignment? I’ve looked up videos on vortech sc kits with that and I’m going to say it’s a misalignment. I had my kit originally installed at an actual performance shop but after my engine failed the dealership reinstalled it so I’m sure they didn’t put it back on right. Not sure what I’m going to do but something has to happen ASAP cause I can’t even drive my car in public anymore without being so embarrassed.