Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #43
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterPegger View Post
Cars are getting too low to the ground. People want to be up higher. If they made a lifted Camaro with some mild off road abilities they'd sell 100k a month.
Only the insecure Reminds me of the answer I got from a friend when I asked her why she had to have that ginormous Escalade, and she is not the only one with that complex.

I mean, it's nice to be looking down at all other cars, even many SUV's, but it's not like most of these people would take advantage of the viewpoint and drive that much better...
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:38 PM   #44
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You would all be happy if GM had Camaro commercials. But GM knows that if they spend a million $ a month in advertising (a small amount) you would need to sell 500 or so more cars per month to break even. GM has way more data and experience in this matter.

And no one seems to remember what Dodge is. It is a foreign brand consisting of ONLY 2 cars and 2 SUVs plus a mini van. What other cars would they be advertising?
Old 03-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #45
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I partially blame the progressive and younger generation mindset. They would rather be texting and "being green" than driving a fun car. Most couldn't even check their oil if they had to and some choose to not drive.

I recently had a young computer nerd (btw - I am one too, but older) ask if that was a custom car like they used to build in the 70s... 2010 SS is not current, but geesh...

I support the horsepower wars! 2018 ZL1 1LE built and should be on its way soon! Just hope the Dino fuel stays reasonably priced and available.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:28 AM   #46
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I tend to agree with those blaming low sales volumes on the lack of adequate marketing. Someone needs to hire a marketing team with tangible clout---if selling more sports cars is a goal for GM, that is.

There is nothing in the Challenger that would explain why it would outsell either the Mustang or the Camaro, the gazillion trims simply make the lineup more confusing IMO, and the pricing isn't more competitive.

Just my 2 cents'.
I totally agree.

Everytime a modern musclecar is used in a movie or sereis it's 80% a Challenger, 20% a Mustang. The 6th Gen Camaro just never appears besides Transformers. Chevy just needs to invest some marketing money to let the car be cool again. Just imagine the action Scenes in Baby Driver, John Wick or recently Logan Lucky etc where you leave the cinema with the feeling that a Challenger/Mustang is an awesome car and you may want it. Watch the first seasons of Hawaii Five O, it's hard to not see how much marketing money Chevy spend them for extra nice shots of the Camaro and other Chevy models - But it worked, at least to me it always leaves the impression that this a really nice car.

You can't say People don't buy a Camaro because of visibility or practical reasons. 5th Gen was not better but it still outsold the other two.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #47
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
It would be cool, but I don't think TV commercials will help Camaro sales. I think there are many variables involved. Though it's a completely different car, it finds itself in a similar situation as the 4th gen right before it's demise. Great performance value, but it simply didn't resonate with anyone other than the hardcore fans of the platform. If they want the Camaro to truly excel sales wise beyond the "faithful" they need to expand the platform.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #48
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
dodge has so little product just in the last year they've still been sticking the viper in commercials for their other cars, not to mention the challenger is in basically every commercial.

and it's still as heavy as a truck.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #49
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Great performance value, but it simply didn't resonate with anyone other than the hardcore fans of the platform. If they want the Camaro to truly excel sales wise beyond the "faithful" they need to expand the platform.

I agree with this but would add that a good number of the "Faithful" should be 5th Gen owners wanting to upgrade to the 6th and while I have no stats for it my sense is that they aren't getting a lot of 5th Gen owners upgrading....

I'm sure that is partly due to the inordinate number of 5th Gen garage queens out there too. But anytime I see Chevy commercials I want to yak as they are just awful.

The only thing I can think of when I see the ramp one about JD Power is someone throw that dude over the barrier onto the traffic below!
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #50
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Well, before I bought the Zl1, I was shopping the Charger Hellcat. They wouldn't move off the $72k sticker. This was back in '17 when it was new. So, I said adios. Looked at the GTR, Viper, NSX, and Lexus LC500. I ended up going with the Zl1 cus I knew i was going to unload a good $20k on mods anyways. I'm almost there to a 900 hp beast!!!! Btw, my next car will be a GTR. I still miss my old one.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #51
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Am I the only one who loves that these aren't on every corner. I could care less if Camaro is the sales leader. I like having a car that every other guy/gal is driving. I don't know that its Chevys goal either. They want to be profitable, not whore the cars out. Also, another thing to maybe note and maybe its already been stated but how many of the sales of each are to rental companies?....
Old 03-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #52
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
That isn't the Challengers secret to its success, they have many different cool trims for the Challenger which the Mustang and Camaro doesn't have nearly as many. You have something like 16 different trim levels for the Challenger and I even found one that I like (392 T/A) and I am not the biggest fan of the Challenger due to its massive size and weight.

Yeh...no question, does look nice. And they run cool Dodge Bro. ads too.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #53
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
The Camaro in its current form, appeals to a niche crowd: low to median income male performance enthusiasts, and I'm ok with that. It's hard for me to believe GM was aiming for mass appeal, because it just doesn't have the ingredients for that compared to even the Mustang. It's like GMs miata, albeit a little more practical. Although welcomed, women and families need not apply.

For the Camaro to appeal to the masses, it has to be completely redesigned. An incremental refresh is not enough. And unless they do it right on the first try, a redesign like that would probably alienate its core fans.

I'm all for incremental improvements. And as long as it's profitable enough to stay in production, I couldn't care less about mass appeal.

Its not a family car never was meant to be one. Its a Personal Hi- Performance Vette like Sporty Pony Car. Its a PHPVSP Car
Old 03-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #54
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I partially blame the progressive and younger generation mindset. They would rather be texting and "being green" than driving a fun car. Most couldn't even check their oil if they had to and some choose to not drive.

I recently had a young computer nerd (btw - I am one too, but older) ask if that was a custom car like they used to build in the 70s... 2010 SS is not current, but geesh...

I support the horsepower wars! 2018 ZL1 1LE built and should be on its way soon! Just hope the Dino fuel stays reasonably priced and available.
True ...I was just talking to someone I work with right out of College he drives a Honda and wants a Lexus. I tried to convince him to think American, he would have non of it. Face it...many younger people are anti anything American.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #55
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
It would be cool, but I don't think TV commercials will help Camaro sales. I think there are many variables involved. Though it's a completely different car, it finds itself in a similar situation as the 4th gen right before it's demise. Great performance value, but it simply didn't resonate with anyone other than the hardcore fans of the platform. If they want the Camaro to truly excel sales wise beyond the "faithful" they need to expand the platform.
Well the 4th Gen was ugly, people were tired of the door stopper wedged look. The 6th gen is a beautiful car and many don't even know what they are until they ask. Why? Because no advertising. Its like its a GM secret.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #56
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
Am I the only one who loves that these aren't on every corner. I could care less if Camaro is the sales leader. I like having a car that every other guy/gal is driving. I don't know that its Chevys goal either. They want to be profitable, not whore the cars out. Also, another thing to maybe note and maybe its already been stated but how many of the sales of each are to rental companies?....
The more cars out the more more outfits will produce and develop after market performance parts. If enough cars then competition will pickup in the aftermarket and parts will drop in price.