Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Camarobahn

Drives: 2010 2SS/Rally Yellow
Service stabilitrak, engine light, running rough?

So I get in my car (2010 SS) after work to go home and I get the "service stabilitrak", a flashing check engine light, and all of the TC, stabilitrak lights are on. Then I accelerate and notice that it is running very rough like its misfiring and lots of vibration and shaking. I kept an eye on all of my gauges and everything is normal. Im kinda freaking out here. The only thing that has changed is back in December I put all season tires on it. The last few days have been a bit chilly and the only ice on the roads is a little bit in front of my house. Im not quite sure what to do here. I know many will say take it to a Chevy dealer, but the problem is I live in Germany and the dealers here don't know much about American spec cars, especially the Camaro. Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks in advance.
Camarobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Camarobahn

Drives: 2010 2SS/Rally Yellow
Sorry for posting without searching first, typical newbie mistake, its just that I was in a panic to find answers. After searching and reading it seemed a lot of people had a problem with a loose connection with the sparkplug wires. So I went out to the car and low and behold there was a sparkplug wire hanging completely off from the connection to the coil. Plugged it back in and fine as wine. But now I have the engine light still on. Is that something that has to be cleared or should it go off on its own after the problem is solved?
Camarobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Beaukz28

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
It will clear after several ignition cycles of not seeing a problem. It may take awhile. If you have a code reader or know someone who does, clearing it would be the best.
Beaukz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarobahn View Post
So I get in my car (2010 SS) after work to go home and I get the "service stabilitrak", a flashing check engine light, and all of the TC, stabilitrak lights are on. Then I accelerate and notice that it is running very rough like its misfiring and lots of vibration and shaking. I kept an eye on all of my gauges and everything is normal. Im kinda freaking out here. The only thing that has changed is back in December I put all season tires on it. The last few days have been a bit chilly and the only ice on the roads is a little bit in front of my house. Im not quite sure what to do here. I know many will say take it to a Chevy dealer, but the problem is I live in Germany and the dealers here don't know much about American spec cars, especially the Camaro. Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

You can always contact GM customer service in your home market. The phone number for Germany is 49 (0)6142 748002.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
ArthuRio

Drives: Volvo xc60 / 2009 - Black Top
Quote:
Sorry for posting without searching first, typical newbie mistake, its just that I was in a panic to find answers. After searching and reading it seemed a lot of people had a problem with a loose connection with the sparkplug wires. So I went out to the car and low and behold there was a sparkplug wire hanging completely off from the connection to the coil. Plugged it back in and fine as wine. But now I have the engine light still on. Is that something that has to be cleared or should it go off on its own after the problem is solved?
My friend!! Thanks for this answer!!!! you save my day because I had the same problem e every one said to me that the problem is because shold be water on gasoline or a bad gasoline quality put on the last gas stage.

When I found your post, at night i check it and really there was a sparkplug wire hanging completely off from the connection to the coil. Plugged it back in and fine as wine!!! like a watch!

Thanks my friend! From Brasil,

Arthur.
ArthuRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #6
vincentcostales

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Dear in Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
You can always contact GM customer service in your home market. The phone number for Germany is 49 (0)6142 748002.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Brandon
Hi,

I have a 2010 Camaro RS v6 imported from the US thru an importer. I have no idea if there's even a Chevy service center in Macau. Now, I am starting to experience many problem on my car. Do you know if there's any Chevrolet service center in my place. Macau (Macao) telephone code +853 .

Thanks.

Vincent
vincentcostales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
vincentcostales

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Same problem here. But I only get the "cluster Chirstmas tree" when I rev over red line. Once I rest the car for few hours, "Check traction Control" is gone. It goes out again whenever do a hard launch.

Anyways, I will try to check if the spark plugs if they are the the ones causing the problem.

thanks.

Vincent

Last edited by vincentcostales; 02-27-2013 at 02:26 AM.
vincentcostales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentcostales View Post
Hi,

I have a 2010 Camaro RS v6 imported from the US thru an importer. I have no idea if there's even a Chevy service center in Macau. Now, I am starting to experience many problem on my car. Do you know if there's any Chevrolet service center in my place. Macau (Macao) telephone code +853 .

Thanks.

Vincent

Thank you for the inquiry. You may want to visit the GM site for your market to find the correct from number. http://www.gmchina.com/gm/front

Please let us know if you were able to find the correct contact information.

Brandon
Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
mattj57

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS - Inferno Orange
Sorry for reviving this thread...

Hello Brandon,
I'm having the same issue as stated above. I live in LA, bought the car from Allen Gwynn Chevrolet and only have about 9000 miles on my 2012 SS. No mods.
On 8/27/13 I had a 1/2 tank of gas, I filled it up at Costco on 91 octane (the only place I go and the only octane I use) and then drove about 20 miles. I got in it today, first time since parking it on the 27th, and as soon as I started it, it began running rough. Then the "service stabilitrak" message came on and all the other traction control and ABS lights. I tried shutting the engine off and restarting with no luck. I drove around the block and parked it.
I read the other messages and I don't have any loose wiring under the hood. The gas cap is on tight.
I don't want to chance it, should I have it towed to the dealer? Or will it be fine to drive. Allen Gwynn Chevy is about 7 miles away from me, and Keyes Chevrolet is 4 miles. I baby my baby...
Thanks for any help!
mattj57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Matt,

There are a couple of bulletins that describe your issues but it depends on if and what codes are setting. You should have a dealer take a look at it, one bulletin is for a chaffed harness at the throttle body and another talks about metal debris in the wheel speed sensor magnetic encoder ring. If your having driveability issues then I would tend to think it's the wiring harness chaffing but the harness will have to be opened up and inspected to make sure. It really doesn't take much wire damage to cause a driveability issue....have it checked by a dealer.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaukz28 View Post
It will clear after several ignition cycles of not seeing a problem. It may take awhile. If you have a code reader or know someone who does, clearing it would be the best.
If you're the impatient type, you should also be able to clear it by pulling the ECM fuse(s) for a couple of minutes and then reinstalling.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hi mattj57,

If you are interested in having your vehicle towed to the dealership, you may call Roadside Assistance at 800-243-8971. I would be happy to contact your dealership for you to discuss this issue you are experiencing. You may send a private message at any time with your contact information and name of preferred dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattj57 View Post
Sorry for reviving this thread...

Hello Brandon,
I'm having the same issue as stated above. I live in LA, bought the car from Allen Gwynn Chevrolet and only have about 9000 miles on my 2012 SS. No mods.
On 8/27/13 I had a 1/2 tank of gas, I filled it up at Costco on 91 octane (the only place I go and the only octane I use) and then drove about 20 miles. I got in it today, first time since parking it on the 27th, and as soon as I started it, it began running rough. Then the "service stabilitrak" message came on and all the other traction control and ABS lights. I tried shutting the engine off and restarting with no luck. I drove around the block and parked it.
I read the other messages and I don't have any loose wiring under the hood. The gas cap is on tight.
I don't want to chance it, should I have it towed to the dealer? Or will it be fine to drive. Allen Gwynn Chevy is about 7 miles away from me, and Keyes Chevrolet is 4 miles. I baby my baby...
Thanks for any help!
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #13
Saleen620

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS (Saleen 620)
Hi Guys,
Had a tune done 4 weeks ago and was freaking out this am when I got theService Stabilitrak and CEL, along with some severe bogging at low mph. I found your post as I awaitied a call back from my tuneer, I went out to the car, and low an behold, on the passenger side a completely disconnected plug wire. I plugged in and am hoping the CEL will now go out after I leave work and do a few on and offs with the car...but I beleive problem solved! thanks so much...
Saleen620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #14
1SSLOW
1 - 0

Drives: 2010 SS/RS w/ GFX
I figured i would chime in for people who may have this issue in the future.

I bought my 2010 SS brand new back in the day and i forget the exact mileage, but lets say around 50k i started having trouble.

One morning i turn on my car and stability track came on, engine light and car shaking. (you would of thought i had a heavy cam in it). I turned it off and on and eventually it stopped. I had it serviced and no one could find the problem since it wasnt doing it at the time.
I would randomly get this problem and at times, even when i was driving it would start shaking and feel like it wanted to shut down. I replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires (made sure the old ones where plugged up and not lose),ignition coils, new battery, and even the crankshaft position sensor. I would still get the problem.

It got so bad it started messing up while i was driving.

End of story, i took into a shop and they found a busted valve spring. Apparently the LS3s have weak valve springs. I had them updgraded to the titanium double valve springs and havent had any issues since (going on about 2-3 years now - knock on wood)

Good luck.
1SSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote