Lamborghini Huracan LP 610 45 55.56%
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 36 44.44%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #29
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tje66 View Post
The zr1 will out perform the lambo easily in all types of competition. For the money. Vette all the way. Unless you just need a lambo
I guarantee the Huracan will still run a faster 0-60 and a faster 1/4 mile. And on some tracks where the nimble 4 wheel drive 3100 pound car has an advantage, it will probably be faster too. The Huracan is no slouch, one of the quickest cars out right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Have to agree. That is one of the only exotics that I care for at all. Work of art.

Lambo not so much plus they'll burn to the ground in a blink of an eye.
Have you actually followed Lamborghini's for the past decade or so? They're immensely improved, partly due to a market that demands it and partly due to VW. People are driving the snot out of Huracans and they have been proven to be dead nuts reliable. In fact, owners of both will say that the Huracan is much more reliable than a McLaren which many define as "more delicate".
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1roadking View Post
It’s the age old question??? Show or go!!! Lol. My friend has a Lamborghini and never drove it. To me, most people buy Lamborghinis to look like hot sh!ts. I have to say, the Mclaren hits all the hot buttons for me. I would drive all 3 plus a Ferrari and buy what made me happy. Bottom line.
The "Show or go" is definitely age old and doesn't apply here really, though I see what you were going for. The Exotics by Lamborghini/McLaren/Ferrari are still the fastest cars out there per HP and though they're twice or thrice as expensive, they are not slow, and short of a ZR1, they hammer every other Chevy product in any category if they're compared. Just look it up. Not that some of Chevy's offerings don't beat a lot of exotics on a track, because they do, but do they beat it in any other categories? What I'm getting at is, if a car is judged to be "good" by how all around it is, and lets say there's a few different categories to judge them off of, and we're comparing lets say a ZL1 and 570s/Huracan/488 GTB...

1) Track times - Exotic, but certain tracks the ZL1 comes close/narrowly beats it
2) Acceleration - Exotic. Better traction, much lighter weight.
3) Top speed - Exotic, all of the aforementioned 3 run in excess of 200 MPH and most do.
4) Handling - Toss up, but probably Exotic
5) Braking - Exotic, all have Carbon Ceramics and though the ZL1's brakes are good, CCBs are CCBs.
6) Comfort - Likely Exotic but could lean ZL1 if you're a bigger guy
7) Interior - Exotic hands down.
8) Appearance - Personal preference, but I would vote Exotic.

So I think the more correct question would be "Show and go vs just go and some show".

OP, if you can afford it, hands down get an exotic, you'll be glad you did for performance or "showing off".
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #30
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
If I had the means to afford a car in the $200 grand range, I'd be looking at a black onyx McLaren 570S. Just something about the McLaren that gets my heart pumping.
Checkmate! Though this isn't one of the op's choices, this would be the one for me hands down.

Back to the question at hand... anyone spending this kind of money I assume is looking for prestige. That being said... Lambo. I love the Vette though.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #31
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I would honestly wait for the C8 to come out if you are interested in the Vette, mid-engine car should be unbelievable! I am not really a Lambo fan ever since Volkswagon bought them out years ago. If I had tons of cash for a car, it would a Ferrari, 812 Superfast! But I would always have a Camaro or a Corvette in the stable as well.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #32
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

Have you actually followed Lamborghini's for the past decade or so?
No, I dont really follow them because I dont care for them, never have. I know they have speed, but just not my cup of tea.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #33
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
I can't find a Lambo I can fit comfy in. I'm 6'1. 230. But, haven't tried the Huracan, so maybe they cleared up more room. I know in the Gallardo, it was impossible for me to have a good time in that car. Too cramped.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #34
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
While the ZR1 might just outperform the Lambo, I am taking the Lambo all day. Now if you were to say the 720s or the Lambo, that would be a tough choice.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #35
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I think the relative ease of finding parts and a place to get reasonable maintenance done would tip the scale towards the ZR1 for me personally. If I lived next to a Lambo dealer and had unlimited funds, then it might be a different story. Or I'd just buy both.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #36
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
getting the car for the thrill of the ride or for the wow factor with the public?

If the ride thrill is paramount, you HAVE to drive them both before you buy to make a valid comparison.

If the wow factor is important, the vast majority of the general public doesn't know the difference between a base model stingray and a ZR1... any more than they know the difference between a base RS with a big wing and a ZLE 1le. Only car people will really know the difference. But EVERYONE knows what a Lamborghini is. And even if someone thinks the owner is a douche, or you think they look funky, or they just aren't your cup of tea (like me and Porsche) people still know what they are.

so drive them both, then make the decision. either way, you are definitely blessed to even have these 1st world problems, as mentioned above!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #37
Tje66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss procharged
Zr1 vs lambo

Quote:
I guarantee the Huracan will still run a faster 0-60 and a faster 1/4 mile. And on some tracks where the nimble 4 wheel drive 3100 pound car has an advantage, it will probably be faster too. The Huracan is no slouch, one of the quickest cars out right now.

Have you actually followed Lamborghini's for the past decade or so? They're immensely improved, partly due to a market that demands it and partly due to VW. People are driving the snot out of Huracans and they have been proven to be dead nuts reliable. In fact, owners of both will say that the Huracan is much more reliable than a McLaren which many define as "more delicate".

The "Show or go" is definitely age old and doesn't apply here really, though I see what you were going for. The Exotics by Lamborghini/McLaren/Ferrari are still the fastest cars out there per HP and though they're twice or thrice as expensive, they are not slow, and short of a ZR1, they hammer every other Chevy product in any category if they're compared. Just look it up. Not that some of Chevy's offerings don't beat a lot of exotics on a track, because they do, but do they beat it in any other categories? What I'm getting at is, if a car is judged to be "good" by how all around it is, and lets say there's a few different categories to judge them off of, and we're comparing lets say a ZL1 and 570s/Huracan/488 GTB...

1) Track times - Exotic, but certain tracks the ZL1 comes close/narrowly beats it
2) Acceleration - Exotic. Better traction, much lighter weight.
3) Top speed - Exotic, all of the aforementioned 3 run in excess of 200 MPH and most do.
4) Handling - Toss up, but probably Exotic
5) Braking - Exotic, all have Carbon Ceramics and though the ZL1's brakes are good, CCBs are CCBs.
6) Comfort - Likely Exotic but could lean ZL1 if you're a bigger guy
7) Interior - Exotic hands down.
8) Appearance - Personal preference, but I would vote Exotic.

So I think the more correct question would be "Show and go vs just go and some show".

OP, if you can afford it, hands down get an exotic, you'll be glad you did for performance or "showing off".
Check out you tube. Go to street speed 717 and watch mike in his570s McLaren totally destroy a new huracan. And view his other video where he runs a zl1. You let me know which car you believe is faster?? He outruns them both. But he has more competition with the zl1. And I know that new zr1 will tear up a zl1 but you decide for yourselves. And I was there that Saturday when the McLaren and the lambo raced.
Tje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #38
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tje66 View Post
Check out you tube. Go to street speed 717 and watch mike in his570s McLaren totally destroy a new huracan. And view his other video where he runs a zl1. You let me know which car you believe is faster?? He outruns them both. But he has more competition with the zl1. And I know that new zr1 will tear up a zl1 but you decide for yourselves. And I was there that Saturday when the McLaren and the lambo raced.
I saw that video within an hour or it coming out. What part of my message said a 570S would lose to a Huracan or ZL1? I know a 570S is quicker, especially in straight line speed, so unless I typoed, your reply was pointless. I’m subscribed to Mike and see every one of his videos. A 570S will eat a ZL1 or Huracan in straight line performance, especially as you start going faster and faster, the turbos just keep pulling.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #39
Tje66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss procharged
Quote:
I saw that video within an hour or it coming out. What part of my message said a 570S would lose to a Huracan or ZL1? I know a 570S is quicker, especially in straight line speed, so unless I typoed, your reply was pointless. I’m subscribed to Mike and see every one of his videos. A 570S will eat a ZL1 or Huracan in straight line performance, especially as you start going faster and faster, the turbos just keep pulling.
In my opinion nicks. Zl1 gave the lambo a better run I think both cars are great but it’s hard to deny the Vette my zl1 runs with my buddy’s zo6 but I’ll bet the zr1 will easily outrun either car. After that race Mike just couldn’t believe how hard he pulled that huracan
Tje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:33 PM   #40
Sinester17

Drives: 2017 Summit white ZL1 M6
I think the lambo is the choice to make. if you have that kind of money, why not get something you wouldn't see normally? I know that car guys will know right away that the ZR1 is a new ZR1... to most others itll just be a vette...

but even my 57 yr old mother knows when she sees a lambo lol
Sinester17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #41
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
These cars have two completely different purposes and are not the same category. It appears you are from LA, so am I...so you know the Lambo serves a different purpose here especially. The ZR1 is a Vette...when people see it, it's just a Vette. They don't know about LT5s or track times...or any of the positives that people in a car forum would know...to "regular" people, it's just a Vette. The Lambo could just be parked all day and people will take pictures with your car (lol). When you roll down the freeway or stop at a Starbucks (lol), people will notice. That is what you pay for when getting a Lambo...for people to notice.

I am curious about price comparisons as the starting MSRP is about $120K for the Vette ($124K for the convertible) and it is not stripped. As the ZR1 is the "Top" Corvette, it is going to come with almost everything in it except maybe Nav(?), so not sure how we get to $160K. Chevy dealers as a whole typically don't do mark ups like Ford dealers do. Maybe $10-20K above...for a short time because they want to sell as many of these as they can. I don't believe these are numbered cars...? I know GT350Rs were marked up like $50-75K here, but those are numbered...and that is how Ford does business. If you go pre-order one and leave a deposit, you may be able to get it for MSRP or pretty close. I know many dealers are shady, especially in Socal, but shop around alittle and you'll get a good price if you really want one
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #42
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
These cars have two completely different purposes and are not the same category. It appears you are from LA, so am I...so you know the Lambo serves a different purpose here especially. The ZR1 is a Vette...when people see it, it's just a Vette. They don't know about LT5s or track times...or any of the positives that people in a car forum would know...to "regular" people, it's just a Vette. The Lambo could just be parked all day and people will take pictures with your car (lol). When you roll down the freeway or stop at a Starbucks (lol), people will notice. That is what you pay for when getting a Lambo...for people to notice.

I am curious about price comparisons as the starting MSRP is about $120K for the Vette ($124K for the convertible) and it is not stripped. As the ZR1 is the "Top" Corvette, it is going to come with almost everything in it except maybe Nav(?), so not sure how we get to $160K. Chevy dealers as a whole typically don't do mark ups like Ford dealers do. Maybe $10-20K above...for a short time because they want to sell as many of these as they can. I don't believe these are numbered cars...? I know GT350Rs were marked up like $50-75K here, but those are numbered...and that is how Ford does business. If you go pre-order one and leave a deposit, you may be able to get it for MSRP or pretty close. I know many dealers are shady, especially in Socal, but shop around alittle and you'll get a good price if you really want one
I thought the loaded out version of the Zr1 was $129k. Even with all the carbon goodies. Or it was $139k. Either way, huge steal honestly at that price point.