Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-18-2022, 04:38 PM   #29
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Thought from the title this thread would be about someone holding up traffic because of a girl on a bicycle.
Great minds thinking alike. That sort of rear end wiggle can be dangerous.

I've had the rear end of the car whip out on me for a moment when accelerating from a stop and going around a corner, but the car comes out of it pretty quick, either by lifting a little or letting the car be smart, and the car settles back into normal spirited travel quicker than most.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:52 AM   #30
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
Cradle bushing lockout kit might be of help.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 12:04 PM   #31
mazinga

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I don’t know how else to describe it!

I’ve had this car for over three years and almost 60,000 miles. During that time it’s never ‘surprised’ me other than in good ways (awesome performance). Yesterday it surprised me in a bad way.

Southbound on I75, moderate traffic, middle lane of three. Left lane bandit tooling along at about 55 in the 70.

I give him a little time to get over, but he’s a dick. I go to the center lane to pass him and of course he decides he doesn’t like that and speeds up to close the gap.

My standard response to that behavior is to shoot the gap and use some sign language. So I did. Quick lane change right to left then straighten out, easy easy for the last 40+ years.

But no. When I make the change (doing about 65-70) the rear end breaks loose and flares hard out to the left and when I correct overdoes it and throws the rear end out hard to the right. I’m just guessing, but I’m going to say I came about an inch from sideswiping a car to my right.

The wiggle tapered off, my adrenaline dump receded and I went on my way.

I’m at a loss. Operator error? Maybe, but what the hell did I do differently than I’ve done many times before?

I did have a plug put in my passenger side rear tire and when I checked I noticed the pressure of the other three was 35 lbs and that tire was 40 lbs.

Hard to believe that’s what caused it, but I’m stumped.
I have a 2018 Zl1 1le and have had traction control failure with nannies on. Car will slip sideways and that shouldn't be possible, but it has happened multiple times.
mazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:17 PM   #32
LT14EVA

Drives: Camaro
The only time I had this happen was with very bald F1SC in cold weather. I thought I was going to total the car and die at the same time.
LT14EVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:13 PM   #33
Ray3768

Drives: 1977 Trans Am, 2024 Camaro 2SS
Spun my '94 Z28 around 180 degrees one time passing a left lane dick in the right lane of a two lane highway. The road was slightly wet. What got me was the road was hammered out by semi trucks and had tire grooves in the asphalt. It was the uneven crown of the road plus the wet conditions that spun me 180 degrees in the clockwise direction. For a brief period of time I was literally going backwards next to the slow moving **** and they managed to pass me just before my braking inputs made the car pull a hard left in reverse and deposited me in the wide grass median, skidding to a stop, going backwards, missing various road markers and signage. Still can't believe that I didn't side swipe them. Still can't believe that I didn't wreck the car. This car didn't have stability control. It was the horribly hammered out double groove road crown and wet conditions, along with my stupid maneuver that caused this.

Perhaps the road surface was grooved by trucks and that caused your startling situation?

-Ray
Ray3768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:19 PM   #34
m1cha3l

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I don’t know how else to describe it!

I’ve had this car for over three years and almost 60,000 miles. During that time it’s never ‘surprised’ me other than in good ways (awesome performance). Yesterday it surprised me in a bad way.

Southbound on I75, moderate traffic, middle lane of three. Left lane bandit tooling along at about 55 in the 70.

I give him a little time to get over, but he’s a dick. I go to the center lane to pass him and of course he decides he doesn’t like that and speeds up to close the gap.

My standard response to that behavior is to shoot the gap and use some sign language. So I did. Quick lane change right to left then straighten out, easy easy for the last 40+ years.

But no. When I make the change (doing about 65-70) the rear end breaks loose and flares hard out to the left and when I correct overdoes it and throws the rear end out hard to the right. I’m just guessing, but I’m going to say I came about an inch from sideswiping a car to my right.

The wiggle tapered off, my adrenaline dump receded and I went on my way.

I’m at a loss. Operator error? Maybe, but what the hell did I do differently than I’ve done many times before?

I did have a plug put in my passenger side rear tire and when I checked I noticed the pressure of the other three was 35 lbs and that tire was 40 lbs.

Hard to believe that’s what caused it, but I’m stumped.

Last autumn, when temperatures dropped to about 55 degrees Fahrenheit, I went to pick up my medications from the pharmacy.

It was raining lightly as I drove in touring mode. Eventually, I came to a stop at a traffic light in Schaumburg.

Some roads in the area have slight inclines, so as I shifted from first to second gear at around 2-3 thousand RPM, I heard my stock summer tires spin and felt the rear end of my car wiggle to the right.

I quickly let off the gas, and the car stabilized, but I was unsure how close I came to hitting the vehicle next to me. This situation had never occurred to me before, whether I was driving on summer or winter performance tires. Typically, traction and stability control systems kick in immediately to prevent such incidents :( !
m1cha3l is offline   Reply With Quote