Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #29
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
yeah, and how long will it take for someone to turn theirs back in to actually CREATE used ones?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #30
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
yeah, and how long will it take for someone to turn theirs back in to actually CREATE used ones?
Around here? Not long at all. I'm still surprised at what I see on the used lots. Like really? You spent all this money, stuck it in the garage, took it out twice and then sold it? Wish I had that kinda cash to blow.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #31
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
Sticker shock

I priced out a 2016, configured as closely as possible to my 2011 2LT/RS V-6 automatic convertible. The sticker price on my '11 (which I sold at the end of January) was a few bucks over $37k. The 2016 priced out in the mid $46k range.

I know it's a new / improved platform and awesome new soft top / hard tonneau combo, and all, but still, a 25% increase in 5 model years slacked my jaw.

I sold my '11 because my transportation needs have changed, and I'm not in the market for another Camaro at this time, but I still follow the forum, because it's a cool car. But at these prices, I probably wouldn't buy another one unless I could find a good deal on a used 2- or 3-year-old model.
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:35 AM   #32
9SevenSS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS M6 RJT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drags1998 View Post
That's REAL NICE!!!! But, You won't be buying it for under 50K Till its a USED CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if there's quite the buzz this time around outside of enthusiast and media circles. It's not like it was when the Camaro was relaunched after nearly a decade removed from production. I imagine once all the preorders are filled and they start sitting on dealer lots, the offers of $3K+ off list price will come.

9SevenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:25 PM   #33
Redd1983

Drives: 2016 ss vert hot red, mrc, npp,
Will be my first camaro. I would like to know if you can get the red vert with red fascia extension. When I put it in Chevy build a price . Converts to white
Redd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:45 AM   #34
Marks ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS conbertible
huge price increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9SevenSS View Post
I don't know if there's quite the buzz this time around outside of enthusiast and media circles. It's not like it was when the Camaro was relaunched after nearly a decade removed from production. I imagine once all the preorders are filled and they start sitting on dealer lots, the offers of $3K+ off list price will come.
I love the car. I have never regretted buying my 13 SS vert., but an 18% increase over what I paid is a little hard to swallow. I'm going to wait because sales are really slow. The dealer where I bought mine have not sold any of the SS Camaros they received. I will be waiting for the rebates and lease specials to come, and they will.
Marks ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:25 AM   #35
9SevenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks ss View Post
I love the car. I have never regretted buying my 13 SS vert., but an 18% increase over what I paid is a little hard to swallow. I'm going to wait because sales are really slow. The dealer where I bought mine have not sold any of the SS Camaros they received. I will be waiting for the rebates and lease specials to come, and they will.
Absolutely... yes there are tons of upgrades... the tonneau cover... the refinement... I've heard some sources even say the new 'vert has about the structural rigidity of the previous gen coupe, which is insane. But even with all of that, it will be a tough sell to anyone not already dead set on buying one. I'm a rational guy, and I don't think what I'm asking is unreasonable...

Old 03-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #36
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9SevenSS View Post
Absolutely... yes there are tons of upgrades... the tonneau cover... the refinement....
Cut and Paste from my other post:

Think the top mechanism and design is a HUGE improvement with the hard boot design. Operates like the Corvette; back of top flips up, boot opens, top stows, boot closes. Going up; boot opens, top goes up, back flips up, boot closes, back of top closes on top of hard boot (will "manage" water MUCH better). Also no manual latch, all automatic with the touch of a button. Windows go down auto, but with only two window switches there is a button for front windows and a button for rears so you select what windows the switches operate.
Only slight drawback: the fifth gen allowed cargo to be stowed under the safety screen thingy if put in place. The divider that I believe must be in place to operate the top blocks the entire front of the trunk where the top stacks.
Attached Images

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 03-19-2016 at 11:09 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #37
9SevenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Cut and Paste from my other post:

Think the top mechanism and design is a HUGE improvement with the hard boot design. Operates like the Corvette; back of top flips up, boot opens, top stows, boot closes. Going up; boot opens, top goes up, back flips up, boot closes, back of top closes on top of hard boot (will "manage" water MUCH better). Also no manual latch, all automatic with the touch of a button. Windows go down auto, but with only two window switches there is a button for front windows and a button for rears so you select what windows the switches operate.
Only slight drawback: the fifth gen allowed cargo to be stowed under the safety screen thingy if put in place. The divider that I believe must be in place to operate the top blocks the entire front of the trunk where the top stacks.
According to saabkyle04's review, it looks like that divider is optional - I don't think it prevents the top from going down, but it does help keep things from rolling/sliding to the back of the trunk under the top.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #38
Jerry's 2LT

Drives: 2LT, Blue Velvet, Kalahari, Convert
Here are two extracts from the owners manual that sure leads me to believe that it has to be in place for the top to work.

Page 95 of the manual states:
Rear Trunk Partition
If equipped with a convertible top,
there is a trunk partition to keep
cargo from getting in the way of the
convertible top. The trunk partition
must be in place for the convertible
top to move. If the trunk partition is
not properly in place, a message will
display and a chime sounds.

Page 132 of the manual states:
ATTACH TRUNK PARTITION
TO OPERATE TOP
This message displays and a sound
will be heard if the trunk partition is
not in place. Open the hatch/trunk
and make sure the trunk partition is
secure and no objects are on the
trunk partition.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #39
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
Thanks Jerry, That PRETTY much spells it out!!!! That's a SMALL trunk!!!!! That's OK, I have a New Silverado to Haul stuff. Got My TPW today, 3-28 I just can't wait!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #40
Jerry's 2LT

I just found out this morning that mine was built yesterday. So now I have to wait out the shipping process (or lack thereof).
Old 03-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #41
9SevenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry's 2LT View Post
Here are two extracts from the owners manual that sure leads me to believe that it has to be in place for the top to work.
That does seem to make it pretty clear. Curious as it just seems to snap in place, it seems like that would be easy to bypass... not that you'd necessarily want to or anything...

Old 03-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #42
Jerry's 2LT

Something else I found in the manual leads me to believe that with the top up you can detach the partition, lay it down and use all the space that is available.

Here is the extract:
The trunk partition can be attached
or detached to upper trunk brackets.
With the convertible top up, the
trunk partition can be unsnapped
and laid flat.