Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I honestly never priced out a drop top version of any car but damn these things get expensive quick!

1SS Drop top with auto 46K

I like how GM still lets you pick whatever trim you want. Ford forces you into the premium trim for the Eco and GT drop top.

I hope the dealers don't load up the first convertibles they get though.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #16
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Does anyone know the weight difference between coupe and vert ?
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #17
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
So a fully loaded 2SS vert would come out to about $63,000+?

If you got it, get it, but boy is that expensive!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #18
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
My build puts it just over 53000. 2ss, manual, NPP, nav, Magride, with splash guards. Makes it really tuff to get when I can get a 2015 3lt yellow Vette convertible with 2000 miles on it for $58000

Last edited by 13vertss; 03-10-2016 at 04:27 PM.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #19
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Txfan View Post
Does anyone know the weight difference between coupe and vert ?
Less than 100 lbs, early quotes were 75 iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
My build puts it just over 53000. 2ss, manual, NPP, nav, Magride, with splash guards. Makes it really tuff to get when I can get a 2015 3lt yellow Vette convertible with 2000 miles on it for $58000
I know. I went with the C7 and yesterday it was finally warm enough to pull the top off and I don't regret my decision at all. I was grinning like a fool on the way home, even took an extra long route.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #20
Adrenaline

Drives: Porsche Cayman S | Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Less than 100 lbs, early quotes were 75 iirc.

I know. I went with the C7 and yesterday it was finally warm enough to pull the top off and I don't regret my decision at all. I was grinning like a fool on the way home, even took an extra long route.

I was seriously considering getting a C7 2LT /w Z51 in black last Saturday and just trading in my Porsche to offset the extra cost. Wife didn't go for it though :(
Had a 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible (Black|Black with Adrenaline Red|MRC|Dual Mode Exhaust) on order for 2 months, took too long to move past 1100 so I got a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible (Black/Black/Black)
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
Curr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
I was seriously considering getting a C7 2LT /w Z51 in black last Saturday and just trading in my Porsche to offset the extra cost. Wife didn't go for it though :(
Wifey absolutely loves the C7. In fact she's got several lunches scheduled with her bff's already. She drives a Lexus 'vert and loves it, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth, and she's smiled when I've mentioned replacing it with a C7 'vert.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #22
Adrenaline

Drives: Porsche Cayman S | Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Wifey absolutely loves the C7. In fact she's got several lunches scheduled with her bff's already. She drives a Lexus 'vert and loves it, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth, and she's smiled when I've mentioned replacing it with a C7 'vert.
Looks wise, my wife loves it (more so than the Camaro) and price wasn't really a point of contention. It really came down to a close family member getting into an accident when she was in high school and dying in a Vette (which came down to extremely reckless driving - not the Vettes' fault, not sure any car would have handled what he was doing). So everyday seeing a Vette in our garage she wasn't sure how she'd feel. I wasn't going to buy it and then make her potentially upset. So Camaro it is
Had a 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible (Black|Black with Adrenaline Red|MRC|Dual Mode Exhaust) on order for 2 months, took too long to move past 1100 so I got a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible (Black/Black/Black)
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #23
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
So a fully loaded 2SS vert would come out to about $63,000+?

If you got it, get it, but boy is that expensive!
I think that checks every single option available.

I just built a 2SS vert and it came out to 51K.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #24
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think that checks every single option available.

I just built a 2SS vert and it came out to 51K.
the vert option is 7k....many dfolks getting their 2ss around 41 to 44k....so yeah 63k is checking every upgrade.

BTW the 7k price on the vert has been know for months.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #25
Curr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Looks wise, my wife loves it (more so than the Camaro) and price wasn't really a point of contention. It really came down to a close family member getting into an accident when she was in high school and dying in a Vette (which came down to extremely reckless driving - not the Vettes' fault, not sure any car would have handled what he was doing). So everyday seeing a Vette in our garage she wasn't sure how she'd feel. I wasn't going to buy it and then make her potentially upset. So Camaro it is
Can't go wrong either way, they're both excellent cars. Can't wait to see pics, come on GM turn that crank and get them out

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #26
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
the vert option is 7k....many dfolks getting their 2ss around 41 to 44k....so yeah 63k is checking every upgrade.

BTW the 7k price on the vert has been know for months.
Knowing its been there but then finally seeing it makes it sink in a little harder lol
Old 03-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #27
9SevenSS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS M6 RJT!!!
My Build is ~$53K. First dealer to sell for under $50K gets the sale. This is my no-compromises build... meaning there are additional options I'm sure I'd like, but any less and I'd probably just wait until I can get it the way I want it (which is why I'm waiting anyway lol)

2SS, MRC, NPP, manual, black top/wheels/emblems/hash decals... there are a few body colors I'd consider, but this is my favorite combo (Garnet Red).

Name:  2016_chevrolet_camaro_camaro_2_.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  2016_chevrolet_camaro_camaro_5_.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  134.3 KB

9SevenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #28
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
That's REAL NICE!!!! But, You won't be buying it for under 50K Till its a USED CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote