Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2024, 01:10 AM   #1
jacobcarrasco7

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS
Smile Front Suspension is bad! CREAKK

Hey all,
I had a question regarding*my Camaro 2011 2SS, I recently installed the BMR 4 point strut tower brace and everything*went well. However, after 1 week my pedders strut broke (the damper from the tip of it) and it was concerning because I don't know if I missed something in the installation or what it was. But after I replaced the strut damper and the entire front suspension, including the both strut dampers!*I started hearing a creaking noise at the top of the strut tower on the driver side strut tower when I would turn. The noise was not there before and also when I am in park and I wiggle the steering wheel left and right, I could feel and even slightly*hear what may be the tie rods? well I hear something!!! but I don't know what it is.*

I just simply want to know how to correctly install the coilovers with the BMR strut brace and adjust anything that is needed. and when I mean install the coilovers, is there a washer that goes first and then a bushing or what?

because right now it is has the strut bumper, a washer, pedders spring guide, strut bushing, washer, BMR upper mount, damper shaft nut and that is it! yet with this setup I feel like there is something missing. I feel like removing the BMR upper mount and replacing it with the stock one!

What is the correct way of reinstalling the coilover strut with the BMR 4 point strut brace. What do you guys recommend when installing the coilover?

I am not sure if when I added the aftermarket adjustable sway bar end links and new BMR sway bar it changed something that is causing it to creak on the strut tower! I also replaced,the in and out tie rod OEM, OEM lower and upper control arms and i might've not installed it correctly. Also does having an adjustable end link affect the suspension?

Please let me know ASAP!
jacobcarrasco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:26 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Sounds like maybe the sway bar is possibly in a bind because I don't think (now don't quote me) you can really install a strut the wrong way. Have you got an alignment since you did all that work? And doesn't the sway bar have different mounting holes and if so I would try moving them to the other ones.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, ls3