Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Camber Plates

Has anyone installed the ZL1 1LE camber plates on a regular ZL1? The quick change option would sure be nice for a dual purpose street/track car.

Ahh never mind. Just looked at the DSSV struts. Based on the photo the camber plate is integrated into the strut itself. Don't know if it is simply attached for the photo or if that is the way it comes.

Last edited by Badgerbimmer; 03-21-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbimmer View Post
Has anyone installed the ZL1 1LE camber plates on a regular ZL1? The quick change option would sure be nice for a dual purpose street/track car.

Ahh never mind. Just looked at the DSSV struts. Based on the photo the camber plate is integrated into the strut itself. Don't know if it is simply attached for the photo or if that is the way it comes.
I was wondering the same thing!

I've searched the forum a bit regarding camber plates and I'm assuming someone would have suggested this in another thread if it was an option.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
I was wondering the same thing!

I've searched the forum a bit regarding camber plates and I'm assuming someone would have suggested this in another thread if it was an option.
Moreno was the only one I was aware of who made camber plates for the MRC suspension. Moreno sold all his stuff to Gen5DIY back in like June 2018. From what I can tell, Gen5DIY has completely abandoned the project as their website has shown them "out of stock" since July. I've emailed them repeatedly and have not received any updates.

A few people did manage to get them installed while Moreno was still making them, and they seem like an amazing addition.
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
There's also a thread going on Vorschlag camber plates, which are not yet available....

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544683
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #5
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSFR View Post
Moreno was the only one I was aware of who made camber plates for the MRC suspension. Moreno sold all his stuff to Gen5DIY back in like June 2018. From what I can tell, Gen5DIY has completely abandoned the project as their website has shown them "out of stock" since July. I've emailed them repeatedly and have not received any updates.

A few people did manage to get them installed while Moreno was still making them, and they seem like an amazing addition.
That would explain why that haven’t got back to me haha

I’ve heard they do not allow for a quick camber change anyways, but rather they allow camber to be increased to something like -4.5
Old 02-03-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post

I’ve heard they do not allow for a quick camber change anyways, but rather they allow camber to be increased to something like -4.5
A camber change also apparently results in a toe change, so it's not really feasible to do a quick change for a trackday. The plates allow more negative camber without changing the relationship of wheel to strut, which is especially important for MRC cars, where the struts are larger in diameter and allow less static camber adjustment.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #7
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I actually have a set of brand new Moreno plates sitting in storage. I guess I should sell those things!