Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #29
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
The only item I always get is GAP insurance. Other than that I am out.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
CT ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstingray View Post
extended warranties are a joke, had it on my c7 then had it removed,
The only vehicles I get extended warrantys on are my diesel work trucks after having employees drive them the warrantys always pay for themselves.
The ZL1 is not a daily driver for me its a fun weekend car maybee 1-2 track days per year. It will probably be traded in on something new in a couple years anyway.

Past Rides
13 Porsche 911 4S
17 BMW M4
16 Shelby GT 350
07 Saleen Mustang
02 M3 Comp Pack
79 Corvette
CT ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:25 PM   #31
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
WOW that seems like a lot for a warranty. I bought an extended warranty(8 year/85k miles) when I bought my car but it was $1700. Told the finance guy it seems kind of pricey and he took off $200. One of the main reasons i got it is that I now only have 1 streetable car and the warranty will provide a rental if repairs take longer than a day.
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #32
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Wow a dealer making $. That’s what they do. Just like us in all of our careers we make $. Warranties can be canceled within #60 days for 100% refund. This warranty is called a wrap warranty coverage. The entire car is covered comprehensively just not Powertrain. You will have a 100K Comprehensive coverage. Anything considered not normal wear and tear. Extended warranties are also transferable.

Last edited by hashtag; 03-21-2018 at 09:02 PM.
hashtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 PM   #33
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT ZL1 View Post
3 years/36,000 Miles Limited Warranty Coverage

Chevrolet is committed to ensuring satisfaction with your new vehicle. Your Chevrolet dealer also wants you to be completely satisfied and invites you to return for all your service needs, both during and after the warranty period. To help keep things in proper working order, Chevrolet will warrant each 2017 model year from bumper-to-bumper for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first; see dealer for details) with no deductible, from the delivery date of the vehicle, for warrantable repairs that are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship.

I dont know guys I hope I am wrong but what Im reading here in red is pretty much what the dealer told me GM will decide if a warranty item will be fixed only if GM determines there was a defect due to materials or workmanship. According to the dealer this is something that is fairly new. I dont know when it started but.
Has any body that is over 12 mos or 12k miles had something that the dealer would not fix under warranty?(besides maint. items of course?

I have come across so many customers with denied GM Factory claims. vadengmpp administers GM extended warranties & are very reputatable within the industry. They are known to cover things relating to performance. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:37 PM   #34
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I am in Faifield County
Me too - not many Camaros around here
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:48 PM   #35
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
If u have the goodyear eagle 1 supercar G tires that I have I dont know how u are keeping that car on the road at temps of 30 cause It was 42 yesterday and my tires stayed cold and slick plus the sand on the roads.
I have been doing this for years. I always keep my performance cars on summer/track tires, and any good (no rain/snow) day I take them out. You can get heat into the tires very very quickly. For the rears, right out my uphill driveway they will be getting some spin to move up. Right turn out of driveway to 50MPH, hard on the brakes for next stop sign. Pull out with a bit of wheel spin, up to 50MPH again up curvy rd for 1 mile. Hard brake to stop light. Totally fine after.

I bought my car in MD and had to drive 200 miles at night, cold rain (36F) up the mountains and down. No problem at all. The secret with those tires is to force heat into them. Always brake hard. If you are on a highway, have some fun - 80MPH, hard brake to 50MPH, hard acceleration to 80MPH every now and then, keeps them nice and warm.

Once your tire pressure (check instrument cluster gauge) goes up by 2PSI from cold pressure you are golden. Doesn't matter the temps.

And when they are cold, it just means the car has less grip, which equals more fun on the street at low speeds.

Since I bought my 1LE (3 weeks ago) I put it in the garage for the first time yesterday, because of the 8" of snow we are getting today. Been driving it exclusively ever since.

But that is just me. I'm like to enjoy what I buy. My other vehicle is a lifted Rubicon with mud tires which also suck in the packed snow/cold.

In summary - force heat into the tires. In 2 min, 1 mile you are good to go.
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #36
CT ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
I have been doing this for years. I always keep my performance cars on summer/track tires, and any good (no rain/snow) day I take them out. You can get heat into the tires very very quickly. For the rears, right out my uphill driveway they will be getting some spin to move up. Right turn out of driveway to 50MPH, hard on the brakes for next stop sign. Pull out with a bit of wheel spin, up to 50MPH again up curvy rd for 1 mile. Hard brake to stop light. Totally fine after.

I bought my car in MD and had to drive 200 miles at night, cold rain (36F) up the mountains and down. No problem at all. The secret with those tires is to force heat into them. Always brake hard. If you are on a highway, have some fun - 80MPH, hard brake to 50MPH, hard acceleration to 80MPH every now and then, keeps them nice and warm.

Once your tire pressure (check instrument cluster gauge) goes up by 2PSI from cold pressure you are golden. Doesn't matter the temps.

And when they are cold, it just means the car has less grip, which equals more fun on the street at low speeds.

Since I bought my 1LE (3 weeks ago) I put it in the garage for the first time yesterday, because of the 8" of snow we are getting today. Been driving it exclusively ever since.

But that is just me. I'm like to enjoy what I buy. My other vehicle is a lifted Rubicon with mud tires which also suck in the packed snow/cold.

In summary - force heat into the tires. In 2 min, 1 mile you are good to go.
Well it sounds like u have it down to a science. Enjoy the car

Past Rides
13 Porsche 911 4S
17 BMW M4
16 Shelby GT 350
07 Saleen Mustang
02 M3 Comp Pack
79 Corvette
CT ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote