Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #57
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
So this is great news. If you have a catch can that fabric with be bone dry right? It will remove all that nasty top end oiling?
It's not really fabric, more of a hard polymer that, based on my limited estimation, is for sound deadening.

And like Elite has stated, the CC will remove 95% of the problem. Running the right oil will also aid in preventing the build up of oil in the S/C too. Like anything else, nothing is as easy as it sounds.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #58
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
I edited this post from my original response because it was petty and childish, I apologize to those who already read it.

No I am not kidding! I was saying if you do not represent GM then you can not say what they will do 100% and neither can Elite. This thread was about the SC lid. There are plenty of threads on the warranty. I along with others have voided the warranty a long time ago.
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to install a catch can on my LT4, it needs one for sure.

But these dealers and GM can't be trusted. You already voided your warranty so its a no brainer for you to add a can. There was a guy who was seen at the track racing and they voided his warranty. Nothing to do with a catch can I know but it points to the level of trust with GM, I don't trust them!!
Old 03-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #59
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
...unless your adding Chevrolet catch can.
Link?
Old 03-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #60
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
ok got the itch and removed the plate inside my lid. and YES it does infact make the super charger wine louder. Mostly at lower RPMS.

With plate removed
https://youtu.be/d1kSEzMHO1g

with plate still in.
https://youtu.be/zC4s8LlH6Kc
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:41 PM   #61
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Link?
There is none that I know of that is sold by Chevrolet made especially for LT4 like the aftermarket ones. My point was once you add a non Chevrolet/ oem product you risk voiding your warranty plain and simple.

Not saying LT4 wouldn’t benefit from aftermarket CC but once you modify any system rest assured you are on your own. If a warranty claim is made and denied by Chevrolet and in anyway attributed to the application of aftermarket product none of these companies are going be forking over any money to help you fight them over such claim.

I’m in no way against CC just not a fan of companies throwing the act around and misleading people. It should be clearly stated adding any CC you risk voiding your warranty not you can contact FTC etc...

In the meantime the burden of proof is on you if by chance something goes wrong. It was an rhetorical statement nothing more since that doesn’t exist.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #62
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Again, just to clarify to the person that thinks the "sky is falling", we have 10's of thousands of our systems in use on new vehicles. In all the years we have been selling these, and yes, several GM dealers sell and install these throughout the US and Canada and honor the warranty as we laid out in detail, ALL of our systems are designed to meet ALL emissions requirements and unlike others that DO give the dealer a legitimate reason to void the warranty, ours do not.

And the link this person keeps referring to if you read this is the ONLY case ever documented with our systems, and turned out to be a misdiagnosis by an incompetent tech. It was not a failed engine (even though he drove it w/out oil pressure) it was a common LS oil pump failure. The ONLY emission we do not yet meet is in the State of CA as we do not have the CARB EO# yet even though we meet all of the requirements, we have not paid to go through that process.

We also have had communication with the FTC over the years and yes, ALL on their site is relevant and it IS a violation of Federal law for the dealer OR GM to void your warranty for the proper installation and use of one of our systems designed just for your vehicle. This is in NO way misleading anyone. We have also had dialog with a Mag/Moss specializing law firm as well to verify all of this from the consumers standpoint. So, one case out of 10's of thousands is not rampant voiding of warranties, and if you search you can find unscrupulous dealers illegally void warranties for changing your own oil or spark plugs, this is what the law was written for and the FTC updates the site with guides and guidance. Yes, YOU have to take the proper steps if you fall victim to an unscrupulous dealer, and we ALWAYS state this, but the law is on your side period, and the FTC will assist in a good deal of all of it should you be a victim.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #63
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
That NX lid looks killer - if nothing else, it completely changes the look of the engine when you pop the hood. A lot racier. Will be nice in the pits and at shows. I wouldn't mind having one.

Edit: It's $900 - nevermind
Old 03-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #64
bigmike32172

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
That NX lid looks killer - if nothing else, it completely changes the look of the engine when you pop the hood. A lot racier. Will be nice in the pits and at shows. I wouldn't mind having one.

Edit: It's $900 - nevermind
But that $900 for essentially a $200 part is to help someone get out of the past decade recession, therefore you'd be a good guy for helping someone out financially as if it's 2005 all over again.
bigmike32172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #65
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike32172 View Post
But that $900 for essentially a $200 part is to help someone get out of the past decade recession, therefore you'd be a good guy for helping someone out financially as if it's 2005 all over again.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #66
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Again, just to clarify to the person that thinks the "sky is falling", we have 10's of thousands of our systems in use on new vehicles. In all the years we have been selling these, and yes, several GM dealers sell and install these throughout the US and Canada and honor the warranty as we laid out in detail, ALL of our systems are designed to meet ALL emissions requirements and unlike others that DO give the dealer a legitimate reason to void the warranty, ours do not.

And the link this person keeps referring to if you read this is the ONLY case ever documented with our systems, and turned out to be a misdiagnosis by an incompetent tech. It was not a failed engine (even though he drove it w/out oil pressure) it was a common LS oil pump failure. The ONLY emission we do not yet meet is in the State of CA as we do not have the CARB EO# yet even though we meet all of the requirements, we have not paid to go through that process.

We also have had communication with the FTC over the years and yes, ALL on their site is relevant and it IS a violation of Federal law for the dealer OR GM to void your warranty for the proper installation and use of one of our systems designed just for your vehicle. This is in NO way misleading anyone. We have also had dialog with a Mag/Moss specializing law firm as well to verify all of this from the consumers standpoint. So, one case out of 10's of thousands is not rampant voiding of warranties, and if you search you can find unscrupulous dealers illegally void warranties for changing your own oil or spark plugs, this is what the law was written for and the FTC updates the site with guides and guidance. Yes, YOU have to take the proper steps if you fall victim to an unscrupulous dealer, and we ALWAYS state this, but the law is on your side period, and the FTC will assist in a good deal of all of it should you be a victim.
Quick question who determines “proper installation” dealer,Gm ,FTC, end consumer or CC manufacturer?

Last edited by Chevyman2; 03-22-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #67
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
This may be a dumb question. But I've owned numerous supercharged cars. Every car's respective forum talks about catch cans. If these cars really needed them, why haven't they been engineered into any? My 03 Cobra had over 100k miles when I sold it. The car was heavily modded on stock blower. I had that blower off many times and yes there was traces of oil in the blower and intercooler bricks, but I never experienced any issues from it.
It’s just because you have to drain CC regularly.
And most of the common drivers don’t do or don’t care about maintenance,
Some of them forget oil change,
I can imagine forgetting to drain CC.....(dramatic)

Back to this topic
I didn’t know about this part full of oil when I cleaned my Supercharged cover...
I will remove and clean it
Can we reuse it
What’s the best way to clean that foam of oil?
Can we order that parts number 2?
What is the ref if you did?
TX
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #68
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
What happens if the catch can is not properly maintained and becomes full of oil and the owner keeps driving it like that ?

This may be why GM is not including them. It may be better to design the supercharger such that it has valleys and trails that always allow the oil to gradually blow through the engine without much consequence, ie. just a little smoke and piston build up, instead of trying to eliminate it and add another maint. item that can be under maintained by the owner.
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #69
SammyDog

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Vert A10
I am not about to give GM or any mfg a leg to stand on with regard to warranty claims. On top of it, some folks here have had issues with oil pumps. We all know that the can has nothing to do with it. But this is just giving them, GM, a chance to say no.

I will install a can afterwards. I'll have fewer than 10k miles before the warranty expires anyway.

I am an engineer for a mfg of aftermarket parts for large industrial NG engines used in the Oil and Gas industry and the power gen people. All new engines come with a two year factory warranty (7 years I think for GE turbines). I assure you that the great majority of end-users will not touch an aftermarket part during that period. CAT will deny a warranty claim faster that I can say oops.

I personally deal with engineers at a well known spark plugs mfg. (industrial products side only). When there is plug claim coming their way, they tear apart that plug. They know what torque value was applied to the plug during installation by measuring how much the gasket was crushed, to the .001" = to the ft-lb. A busted plug seal system means torching of ignition components upstream (integral coil, extension, etc.). It is also dangerous in case gas is present in the atmosphere. There is a lot at stake here, and incompetent mechanics are legions - impact wrench yeah, torque wrench, what's that!

I do not want to generalize , besides I am talking industrial applications here, or try to convince anyone (it is your business) but do not underestimate the motivation of a mfg. whose goal is to save a buck.

Last edited by SammyDog; 08-10-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling darn!
SammyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #70
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
The zl1 is a great car don't get me wrong but I wish I would of know about the carbon/soot build up from DI motors, how expensive it is to add fuel when making big power, and how much of a pain it is to do a cam swap.

I guess if your afraid of warranty or never mod the car its probably perfect for ya!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote