Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #15
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
What kind of trans?
Nevermind I just saw the M6 on the left. I'm concerned with the Aisin qualtiy, I've already had two issues with it and it's not fixed yet. Wonder what options are out there for me
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #16
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
160k miles and NO issues.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:29 PM   #17
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
Finally got my car back, it had spun the #4 rod bearing and was made a disappearing act out of 4 quarts of oil (according to dealer). Lemon law usually only applies within first 18 months of ownership. Sad part is after all the time my car spent at the dealer the finishing details were a mess. I had to reroute pretty much all the vacuum lines and they were nice enough to crush my fog light wires between my radiator and radiator mount. The district manager told me it will carry a 12 month unlimited mile nationwide warrant on new motor which is better than just end of factory but still makes me a little questionable since the last one only made it to 51k using synthetic every 5k since new (got the car with 19 miles on it). Really hoping I don't run into any more issues. Would like to thank GM for successfully spending more on fixing my car than it actually MSRP'd for........
Old 03-03-2015, 03:52 AM   #18
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
How exactly is a spun rod bearing or cam bearing diagnosed? There's no way of even knowing that the bearing is bad until dis-assembly right? At least with the rod bearing you should hear some knocking right?

Man, I should stay away from these threads... the closer I get to 100k the more the paranoia sets in. This was my first brand new car, first car to go more than 30k miles before trading.... I guess I'm waiting for the damn wheels to fall off and the engine to drop out!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:53 AM   #19
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Don't worry.
It's a Machine.
It can be fixed IF it has a hickup.
Onwards!........
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:56 AM   #20
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
How exactly is a spun rod bearing or cam bearing diagnosed? There's no way of even knowing that the bearing is bad until dis-assembly right? At least with the rod bearing you should hear some knocking right?

Man, I should stay away from these threads... the closer I get to 100k the more the paranoia sets in. This was my first brand new car, first car to go more than 30k miles before trading.... I guess I'm waiting for the damn wheels to fall off and the engine to drop out!
They had to tear the engine down to report the failure to GM. It was a Friday when I started hearing what sounded like a heat shield rattling I checked everything I could then parked it for the weekend- car made it about 28 miles before feeling a jolt and the engine shutting off going down the highway. Had the radio off and was listening to the car the whole way but never got what I have known to be the sound of a rod knocking and never had a check engine light.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
My car had a knock that was pretty audible, then driving it started sounding like someone smacking a sheet of aluminum with a ballpeen hammer. Put it in neutral and the rpms just cut out and it died.

...Mine it was pretty obvious haha
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #22
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
67,000 miles on my 2010 LLT and no issues.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #23
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Just noticed a ticking noise in my car over the weekend. Shes parked in the garage until she gets to the dealer tomorrow morning. Here's the thread I started about it.

Only happens when I step on the gas and even when I do hear it its not super loud.

Its def not the direct injection tick bc its not as fast.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398169

kinda sucks seeing all the bearing issues on these cars. its not making me feel any better.

EDIT: just hit 42k miles
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #24
wfolarry

Drives: 2010 Silver V6/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
I'm at 72,000 miles and no catastrophic failures, but the oil consumption is a royal pain. Seems to be a love hate relationship, love the car, but curse the oil problem.
I'm in the same boat. Never leaked a drop, never any mechanical problems just likes using oil.
wfolarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #25
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

I had a catch can and a breather cap but now have switched to a catch can and clean side separator to hopefully keep oil from getting in intake on this motor and will be staying very much on top of checking oil religiously at least once a week.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 AM   #26
arkentect

Add another LLT to the list. Got the motor apart yesterday and found a #4 Rod Bearing Failure.. it didnt spin but definitely failed and took the crank with it. Guess I got lucky it happened with 2 months left on my powertrain warranty.

I'm gonna fight for a new motor and not a repair. With the amount of miles and the possible contamination to the rest of the motor theres no way they're gonna be able to make the car perform like it should.

arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #27
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
How many miles on it arkentect?
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #28
arkentect

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post