Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
psm3234

Drives: 2016 2SS hyper blue metallic
how long until the key comes in???

trading in my 2010 yellow Camaro 1LT for a 2014 yellow 1SS. it has been 7 days and I haven't signed the paperwork yet and I do not have the vehicle yet. apparently GM cannot sell or deliver Camaros until the key fob problem is fixed. the bad part is, I want the old key. called and was told that was impossible. anyway, anyone have any idea when I may be able to pick up m new car????
psm3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
godbolt5234

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
This is not entirely true. I spoke with three dealers, and was given three different answers. One dealer let me all of the paperwork nut no sale, one dealer wouldn't do anything with the car, and the third dealership was able to sell the car. I went with the dealership that wanted to sell a car. I went back one week later, and they completed the recall when they installed the GMPP. I've had my car for two weeks now
godbolt5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I had some work done at my local Chevy dealer yesterday and was told about the recall. I declined the new key and they had me sign a disclaimer, end of story.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm3234 View Post
the bad part is, I want the old key. called and was told that was impossible. anyway, anyone have any idea when I may be able to pick up m new car????
Impossible.....doesn't sound impossible. You should tell them it's going to be impossible to complete the transaction, and look elsewhere. Tell them you'll sign the release everyone has mentioned and leave with the keys you want, or you'll find a used one with the key you want.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
If you haven't signed any paperwork then you're in luck, you can still go somewhere else. You don't owe any dealer any loyalty as they sure won't show any in return. Feel free to look elsewhere with someone who actually wants to sell you a car.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
You don't owe any dealer any loyalty as they sure won't show any in return.
That's not entirely true. I'm sure some dealerships are like that, but not all of them. I had an issue with MyLink and just stopped at my dealership while driving by one day, to make an appointment to have it checked out. There were four (4) vehicles parked in the service area entrance at the time. My service manager asked if I had a half hour or so right then and I said "sure". He made out a ticket and had his man pull my car around the other vehicles and I was out of there in less than an hour. Granted, they had to order me a whole new radio and when I came back a week later I was there for almost three hours while they installed and programmed it, but I was very happy with the overall service experience.

They're not all evil capitalists just wanting to get your money, or lazy bums just wanting to blow you off.

OP - I would take EMB135Driver's advice and tell them you will sign the waiver when you sign the paperwork and take delivery now (assuming the car is on their lot now) OR... they can tear up the paperwork and you will go looking for another car at another dealership.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
psm3234

Drives: 2016 2SS hyper blue metallic
basically made the deal 7 days ago and still no new key. think I will do as you said and call them up and tell them sell me the car today or I go somewhere else. my only problem is, I want the yellow Camaro and it has to have a sunroof and they are literally the only dealership within 200 miles that has that car.
psm3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
So whats with the recall on the key fob? I haven't heard or seen anything about it. Guess I can google it...
CAE intake, Borla Type S exhaust, TSP LT headers, stage 2 CMS cam tuned by Ryne, MGW short shifter, Carbon fiber Anvil trunk spoiler, Havoc rear diffuser with carbon fiber insert, GM GFX side skirts, ACS T4 front lip spoiler, 20" MRR 228 Gloss Black Wheels wrapped in Nitto INVO rubber, carbon fiber radio fin, Wilpak black rear window louvers.
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #9
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
I just picked up my new Camaro and it still has both switchblade keys. I just signed a waiver. I am 6' 3" but my knees never the ignition so I'm not worried. You should be able to take deliver immediately if the car is ready.
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #10
godbolt5234

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
All of the dealers I spoke with wont let you opt out of cars they are attempting to sell. The dealers said you can opt out of the recall because you already own a Camaro. Also i just had one key replaced (wifes' request) and kept the other switchblade
godbolt5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #11
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Yea I went and bought a new 2014 ss Thursday and they said they didn't have an option for me to sign a waiver. They are hoping to get more keys in tomorrow. Fingers crossed
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #12
CJ Dangle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
I signed all the paperwork for my new 2013 Camaro LT RS on July 3rd. It's now July 13 and still nothing on the new keys. The dealer called me on the 12th and told me 2 camaros ahead of me just got their keys so I should be in it by this coming week...hopefully tomorrow!
CJ Dangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #13
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Its a legal issue why the dealership cannot sell or let you take delivery of the *new* car without the recall. If it was used, then it might be a different story. I have tried that method of wanting to sign a waiver, but no other dealership locally will do that because of what happened to GM. You know, with the government breathing down their necks.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 AM   #14
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Same here. I signed the paperwork on July 9th and still no luck. Good thing my dealer let me borrow one of the used cars on their lot So I'm "kind" of happy about that. However I am anxious on getting the Camaro.

Not to take over your thread but I have been thinking about the following... Basically the dealer needs a key, if we get a key and hand it to them, would that be enough? I'm sure they can cut it and program it.

I have found this one and it is advertised as working for the Camaro. I would much rather not pay for anything, but at this point a few extra dollars wouldn't hurt.

http://americankeysupply.com/index.p...oducts_id=3692

Any thoughts?
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrong subforum