Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
EV1L SS

Drives: 2010 ss , cam, magnacharger , etc
Another exhaust question atak vs type s vs LM2

Hey guys, this is actually my first post and before I get flamed I know many variations of this question have been asked 1000 times and yes I used search and I did read all the threads. With that said I guess I'm still on the fence and just want opinions on exactly what I'm looking for... I have an ls3 with a stage 3 tune time cam, Magna charger running 11lbs, slp long tubes, gutted cats, & loud mouth 2. I actually don't like the lm2 because I feel it's to quiet on the outside and it's not loud on the inside but has a pretty loud deep bass-y drone that drives me nuts. I also don't like the pure rasp it makes when you get on it... Yeah I pretty much hate it lol .... I'm looking for loud on the outside with out being drone-y on the inside like the lm2. Does any one have experience with the atak & type s vs each other and also compared to the lm2 ? My concern is the s type won't be louder than the lm2 and that the atak will be way to loud in cabin ... Loud outside car is good lol.. Also I had a 2000 ws6 with LT's no cats and loud mouth 1 that sounded horrible and a 730rwhp z06 with LT's , no cats, b&b bullets that sounded unbelievably loud and amazing outside the car ( like insanely loud and deep) but I also think it made me partially def from the in cabin volume (trying to avoid this again) ...... Any help / opinions much appreciated !!
EV1L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
the borla atak will be insanely loud outside with your setup. not sure about what you'll hear inside though. it sounds really good outside.

also, just though id add that the magnaflow bullets actually sound really good with a cammed car. The car in these videos isnt mine. Im just pposting them as an example for you to hear what it sounds like idling and outside the car at full throttle

Idling reving lightlky @1:45 and @2:50

In this one, dont mind the race, but try and listen for the exhaust note. The camera car is a ZL1 and is automatic. The other car is the same car from the idling video: a manual LS3 SS with the magnaflow bullets and Night Fury cam with supporting mods. LTs, 3: catless exhaust, CAI. You can hear the exhaust note clearly when its screaming at the top of 2nd gear @~0:12 and the top of 3rd @~0:16

And @ ~0:31 you can clearly hear the note as the ZL1 passenger is right at the back of the SS right at the mufflers

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
EV1L SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
the borla atak will be insanely loud outside with your setup. not sure about what you'll hear inside though. it sounds really good outside.

also, just though id add that the magnaflow bullets actually sound really good with a cammed car. The car in these videos isnt mine. Im just pposting them as an example for you to hear what it sounds like idling and outside the car at full throttle

Idling reving lightlky @1:45 and @2:50

In this one, dont mind the race, but try and listen for the exhaust note. The camera car is a ZL1 and is automatic. The other car is the same car from the idling video: a manual LS3 SS with the magnaflow bullets and Night Fury cam with supporting mods. LTs, 3: catless exhaust, CAI. You can hear the exhaust note clearly when its screaming at the top of 2nd gear @~0:12 and the top of 3rd @~0:16

And @ ~0:31 you can clearly hear the note as the ZL1 passenger is right at the back of the SS right at the mufflers

Awesome ! Thanks for taking the time to post videos, I will look into bullets for sure
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #4
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I took the Ataks off of my car after the headers and cam because it sounded like I had open headers under acceleration. I wish the s-type was louder at Idle, but sounds good under acceleration, and mellow cruising.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
just another N/A...WOT...
Old 07-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
EV1L SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
I took the Ataks off of my car after the headers and cam because it sounded like I had open headers under acceleration. I wish the s-type was louder at Idle, but sounds good under acceleration, and mellow cruising.
How did the atak vs s type sound in cabin both cruising and under wot ?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #7
EV1L SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Sounds awesome , how's in cabin noise ?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #8
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
eh, wat? speak up!...lol..1700 to 2200 drone but I have learned to drive around it mostly and even my wife says it's not that bad...we will see after Thursdays 9.5 hr haul from MD to the 'FEST!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #9
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post

What exhaust do you have in this video?

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote