Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspddmn View Post
Interesting to know how the guy you would pay off is going to get your smog passed. Everything is done electronically and the smog test results are sent directly to the DMV. And for the smog shop to lose their smog license is more detrimental to their business than getting a small pay off to pass the smog. But let's say if you were able to pull it off, please share the info cuz I would like to get my smog passed too when I get headers
Pay off is not cheap, don't ask me how I know

But it's worth it after all labor you will put in depending on what "extra's" you might have. Cheers on finding the connect.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #16
Roaddog

Drives: 2014 LS V6 bright yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo68 View Post
How will a smog Tech even know they are high flows? I know the obvious is that stock has 4 versus high flows have 2, but will the tech even know that?
they check the numbers stamped on the cat for a match with oem or a california legal sub such as a magnaflow if the numbers dont match you fail the visual part of the test i hate california damn smog nazis
Roaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
jag107

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
JBA shorties are CARB certified but the HFC's will have to be swapped out for the OEM, hopefully you kept yours, also your factory airbox if you put in a CAI. I'm so ready to leave this BS state.
jag107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #18
RedVborn
SoCal HT5

Drives: LS camaro m6
The tech will know rte off the back that you have high flow cats because the HFC are smaller ive installed HFC on a v6 and v8 camaros and the new smog test has changed they do not check emissions so u can be hell of rich and still pass , just keep your monitors are ready on the cpu and do not resist your cpu by disconnecting ur battery it will not work all 2005 vehicles have a internal memory save. theres ways to pass with out a bang on ur wallet just b4 u have to smog a c5 make sure all oem are legit and shorts are ok and if u have long tubes go with a tech thats chill he might look the other way , i know all this because iem a smog/repair tech thats star cert and work at a star cert station
RedVborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 AM   #19
Speed2acer

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS Summit White/Inferno
Send a message via Skype™ to Speed2acer
YUp thats the setup i went with Dougs shorties and JBA HiFlos works great!