Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #71
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
They're all pointed down and I only see the marks/lines on the road.

I even added some small convex mirrors to the side mirrors to help eliminate some of the semi-sized blind spot. I almost killed a motorcyclist a few weeks into owning the car, he was invisible for two full (slow) lane changes. Luckily he drove defensively and noticed we hadn't made eye contact, backed off, and was on my bumper when I finished moving into his lane. He seemed understanding and didn't flip me off.
Yeah you're being a smartass but you shouldn't have ANY blind spots on any car with properly adjusted mirrors. Without any little mirrors. That's probably why he asked. hes actually taking the time to try and teach you something but your Username suits you pretty well at the moment, I think.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #72
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
I had a chick come up at a local cruise-in last month. She said "I love your car. Can I drive it?"

I would have asked her if I could drive her but my wife was standing right there. So I just told her no. My wife has never driven my car so why would I let a total stranger drive it.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #73
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
A friend asked "when are you going to let me take your car for a ride?"

My answer "You have a better chance of taking my wife for a ride!"
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #74
a7888ku

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Aside from my wife, everyone who asks gets "if you don't ask to drive it and I won't have to tell you no". It's pretty simple. LOL. The wife only drove cause I was tired during a long road trip and that lasted until she ran over the rumble strip on the road. In her defense, it was unavoidable due to construction and lane shifting, but I was wide awake at that point and took over at the next exit.
a7888ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #75
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Adjust your mirrors like this:

Turn each side mirror out so far you have to lean to see your own car. On the driver's side your head will touch the driver's window.

The idea is that now you see the next lane. For cars coming up behind, they will be in your rear mirror, and before it leaves your rear mirror, it will also be in the side mirror (whichever side he's overtaking on). You will see the car in both mirrors at this time.

As it overtakes you, before it leaves your side mirror, you will have picked it up with peripheral vision.

You have never lost the vehicle behind you in any blind spots- you have full visibility now.

When you want to check something close to your car- like before you change lanes- lean over and look.

No more 'semi-sized' blind spots
THIS /\

There are no blind spots on this car, if youre set up correctly.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #76
Lotsafn
ASHEN ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Grey Vert
When I was at work my wife(who is the only one that drives my car)entered our car in our local show and shine event. She phoned me after some idiot told her that he'd take the car out and show her how it's supposed to be driven. Then said women don't know how to drive anyway. Hmm obviously he doesn't know my wife that well because she told him to go f*** himself. That guy was just lucky I wasn't there that day. I can't stand people that are so jealous of someone owning a nice car. It's like yup, get back into your 1989 ford tempo pal.
Attached Images

Lotsafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:11 AM   #77
kenw

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Did you ask if you could watch?
Yes, I did.
kenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #78
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You need one of these.

car, or motorboat?
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #79
dbauer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 Convertible
From day one I told all my friends and family that they are welcome to drive it if they know how. I get so much more enjoyment out of it knowing that the people that are close to me can enjoy it as well. Its a manual with 465 hp at the wheels. Too bad in this day and age such a small percentage of people can drive a manual. So far two friends and two family members have driven it. Girlfriend knows how but won't touch it.
dbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #80
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I let others drive it if they have an equal or greater value vehicle I get to drive.
My buddy let me drive his 2014 stang, to drive my Camaro. My other buddy has a G35 that was pretty sweet. And another friend has a accord, and I'm like..... nawwwwww brah
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote