Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
BloodiedWraith

Drives: 2016 2SS
Camaro hit in work parking lot... again

I don't know what it is with people. I had a 2012 2LT/RS that some one clearly opened their door open hard and dented my passenger door in my work parking lot (it's a very small lot).

I bought a 2013 2SS/RS in August of 2013 and 1 month later someone shot it with a paintball when I was driving home and then a couple days later someone put a huge quarter sized gouge in the front of my driver side right above where it says CAMARO.

Now I took my Camaro out of my garage for the first time since October last night so it's been less than 24 hours. I go to leave work today and I see it... Someone hit my Camaro in the front and left.

What the hell is it with me and Camaros?
Attached Images

BloodiedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Sorry about your misfortune. Does your workplace have cameras that are directed towards the parking spaces?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Sorry man. Maybe the worse of it you can fix yourself.

Where do you work?
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #4
BloodiedWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Sorry about your misfortune. Does your workplace have cameras that are directed towards the parking spaces?
No my company doesn't care about anything except for monitoring the employees inside of the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Sorry man. Maybe the worse of it you can fix yourself.

Where do you work?
I can't fix anything, I suck at anything car related. I wouldn't even know what to do.

I work for AT&T.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
D-bag drivers with NO
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #6
BloodiedWraith

Anyone wanna give me some estimates as to what a job like that might cost to fix?
Old 03-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #7
nivensid

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
May I suggest a dash can, it would have caught the culprit on video?
nivensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedWraith View Post
Anyone wanna give me some estimates as to what a job like that might cost to fix?

best estimates are from a shop. I have been verbally quoted at 600 to re-paint my front bumper at a reputable shop. I'm not gonna hold my breath to really get that price though
Old 03-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #9
JessicasCamaro

Drives: 2018 1SS
Someone hit my Camaro in the parking area at work last week too... No cameras there either. Only about 80 people work in the building and they're always touting what a familial environment we have....have some respect and own up to crap like this people!
JessicasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #10
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Sounds like you need a new job and a dash cam! lol

Sorry they keep beating up your cars. People are so disrespectful these days.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #11
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
Don't feel so bad less than one week after bringing mine home I got rear ended then just 24 hours later someone hit me while I was parked and scuffed up the front fender by headlight.

The diffuser in the back got a small dent right by the plate but I am going with Quad tips so got to get a new diffuser anyways. The scuff up front used scratch remover and you can barely see it. I guess cars are just attracted to things we love to baby
Old 03-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Man, that sucks. Is there someone at work that dislikes you, or is it an area that kids cut through the lot? Those marks almost look like kick marks to me. But, yeah... get a dash cam and bust their ass.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #13
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
I feel your pain OP. Had 2 door dings from scumbags in work parking lot and a dent on the front bumper from someone while I was in Target!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #14
BloodiedWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Man, that sucks. Is there someone at work that dislikes you, or is it an area that kids cut through the lot? Those marks almost look like kick marks to me. But, yeah... get a dash cam and bust their ass.
Nah I work with 9 other people it's a small ATT store. No kids hang around there, it's a free standing store. We have windows across the front of the store but no one saw anything. I work in the back of the store or else I'd be watching my car like a hawk all day.

How would I go about installing a dash cam (any recommded models) that I could have running all the time when the car is off? I wasn't kidding when I said I don't know anything about cars lol