Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 AM   #1
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Rideskinz 2014-2015 Aggressor 3 bumper interest thread - Revival

Hello there everyone,

The guys over at Rideskinz have given me permission to try and revive the 2014-2015 Aggressor 3 bumper project. When this project was actively being worked on, there were a good number of people that were interested. However, when it came time to drop deposits during pre-production, a large number of those people dropped out of the race, causing the project development to come to an end.

I, for one, am extremely interested in this bumper, and I know that we'll get a great price from Rideskinz if we can get the interest up and actually move it through this time as a group-buy. The estimated price for this bumper, if we can get around 15 "seriously" interested people, is about $650. Fog lights will be an additional $40, and adding lower grille mesh will be $75. A Plug-and-Play adapter for the fog lights can be found at gen5diy.com.

If you're interested in this product actually seeing the light of day, please help me get behind this. Please indicate whether you're actually planning on purchasing this as soon as the project is ready, or if you're just taking a general interest in this project with hopes to buy in the future.

The following images are from Rideskinz during the final steps of the design process:

Interested:
1. ghosted
2. Premiumsal
3. Jeff4la

Tentative:
1. Galokai

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto

Last edited by ghosted; 02-25-2016 at 05:11 PM.
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
Galokai

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT
I'm interested but need a slot for fog lights.
Galokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:43 AM   #3
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galokai View Post
The earlier aggressor bumpers have light options, and I'm sure Rideskinz will offer that for these. I'll verify.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Premiumsal

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Im in, i wanted it back then also now i know what happened .
Premiumsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #5
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Quote:
The aggressor 3 has the option for high-quality led bars on each side. Looks sweet

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
The aggressor 3 has the option for high-quality led bars on each side. Looks sweet

I agree that they look pretty damn good. I'm awaiting word from Rideskinz on any/all potential lighting options for the Aggressor 3.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #7
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Would this be something you'd be interested in?

Old 02-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #8
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I agree that they look pretty damn good. I'm awaiting word from Rideskinz on any/all potential lighting options for the Aggressor 3.
It's also a good feature to be able to use any 14-15 splitter. I can picture it with the Z28 splitter and upper grille

C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 PM   #9
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
I like it, but not a fan of the LED "fog lights"! I much prefer the ZL1 fog light setup than the LED bars.. And without the fog lights, kinda looks plain.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #10
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Would this be something you'd be interested in?

I need a change of pants.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #11
ghosted
BCS Auto

Bump! Let's get this thing going!

Old 02-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #12
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Good luck. After the last group buy for the Aggressor 2 only 1 person had a positive turnout with the fascia. A lot of people had problems just finding a shop that would install it. The ones that did find a shop ended up paying an arm and leg to get it fabricated up and installed. The company is called Rideskinz, emphasis on skin because that is exactly what it is. The amount of fabrication that goes into making this thing work is mind numbing; which is why most shops want nothing to do with it. I ended up doing mine with the help of a friend, which worked until the temperature started to cool. I hit an animal earlier this week which damaged my paint on the fascia. I am switching back to stock and couldn't be happier. Quality of material used was poor, it flexes and distorts with temperature changes which causes the paint to crack, and the led light strips were cheap and allowed moisture to get in. Customer service was great during the buying process but once that was complete they disappeared. The return policy states the fascia can be returned as long as nothing has been done to it. This protects them so once you try to make it work your stuck with the piece of crap and they get to keep your money. The amount of money that was wasted on that fascia to try and make it work could have been used on another bumper to customize. I know I am talking about the Aggressor 2 and y'all are considering the Aggressor 3, two different fascias, but from the photos it looks like the same type of poly urethane I had to deal with. The statement on their website about poly urethane retaining it's original shape once heat is applied is questionable. With this fascia mounted on my car I have seen corners raise and body lines distort with temperature changes. I love the idea of what the fascia should look like but it seems like a mixed bag. Just trying to give some insight from personal experience. If y'all do decide to go ahead and do it good luck, you'll need it.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #13
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
Thank you for the insightful feedback, I often worry of the build quality of aftermarket parts, regardless of their aesthetics. I think the OEM options that we have with the bumper are the safest bets and provide a range of customization options, be it SS, ZL1, or LS/T.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #14
Revenant

Drives: '11 1SS LS3 and '90 240sx hatch.
I'm definitely interested but without the lip and without the lower side vents.