Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #15
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
Sounds like you have the opposite issue i have. Youre too far away and my pressure plate and csc are way too close so shimming for me would be worse.
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #16
gofastscottb
"Track Tuner"

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Here are the instructions. This might help.

http://www.ramclutches.com/instructionshydraulics6.html
MPDRacing.com
gofastscottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #17
gofastscottb
"Track Tuner"

Here is a install video.

MPDRacing.com
Old 06-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #18
forklord

just got the car back. the ram clutch adjustor worked!! way better. clutch pedal is still stiffer than stock but eases in way better. no more chatter or bucking. love it!

did a flush with wilwood fluid, ram adjustor, monster clutch billet release bearing support.

check out the thread of my specific issues if you wish http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407190
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
Old 06-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #19
gofastscottb
"Track Tuner"

It is hard to convince people that this makes a big difference. Once you drive the car with it you wonder why it would not come from the factory with one of these. Chevrolet of course is going to design the car so it is easiest on the drive train for warranty purposes. So for years they designed the car so you had to shift it slowly to get it in gear. They don't really care if it annoys you when you drive it. So the after market has an opportunity to make performance enhancing parts. Oh well GODD JOB RAM.
MPDRacing.com
Old 06-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #20
forklord

Actually after some more testing its never fixed my issue completely. But it certainly helped. Something else is going on with my car. Thanks for the info though!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:43 PM   #21
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Some guy posted in another thread that "All it does is create dead pedal until engagement. It feels like the clutch pedal is broken" For those that have it installed is that the case? Is that the "free play" the product material mentions?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #22
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I love mine and it works perfectly. Yes - you have to bleed it real good, and I recommend getting the GTO remote MC. OEM plumbing into the MC is just dumb and contaminates the brake fluid.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:26 AM   #23
forklord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
I love mine and it works perfectly. Yes - you have to bleed it real good, and I recommend getting the GTO remote MC. OEM plumbing into the MC is just dumb and contaminates the brake fluid.
mine is still a little tiny bit dirty from little use even tho i have the gto piece. the shop says it will happen with the way the slave is made and the type of clutch. i honestly dont know if that makes sense nor do i think its possible from what knowledge i do have on the subject. they also say they didnt see anything wrong that would make my clutch this touchy feely as opposed to stock feel. they figure its the lightweight flyweel and application the clutch is really better suited for which is a moderate amount of race time. although i did take a 14 1le for a test drive (why not!) and the clutch was a better overall feel and dead easy to drive. it did suffer some pretty major chattering and not quite grabbing like i figured it should, albeit not often enough to bother you much. brand new car tho. it should be noted that it was my first time with a stock clutch in a LONG time and first time driving a completely stock car ever in a 5th gen.

seems like nobody has drivability issues with other brands at all really. so my speed shop would seem to be correct on their assessment. i did all the supporting mods to be done at the time as well like tick lines and idealg master cylinder, gto res, etc. seems like i rubbed in some snakeoil somewhere along the path?

for the poster saying it just makes the clutch engage/disengage sooner/later....well thats half the problem i have before the kit. it does help it engage at the right spot, slightly smoother..... lessens chatter and low rpm bucking ever so slightly. so...were both right i guess? lol. they have a video that explains the operation and it makes sense to me. not boasted and hyped like a lot of other junk around. its not a completely new advanced technology thats 100% better for every application that every car manufacturer is gonna make a performance option. its there for who needs it.

it was worth the small amount of money and time. you shouldnt need it on a stock car as much but every stock clutch/tranny seems to be a little different with these cars from what i hear.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #24
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
re "It also keeps the bearing from being in contact with the pressure plate until the clutch pedal is applied" Isn't that the position the throw out bearing is supposed to be in until the clutch pedal is depressed ?
Actually, with our cars (and I believe with the T56 too) the bearing rides on the PP with minimal pressure behind it even when the clutch is depressed. When you measure for clearance, there should only be about an 1/8th inch between the PP and the compressed slave cylinder.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:06 PM   #25
camguynj

Finally got around to installing mine ...why did I wait so long From day1 I hated how high the clutch released. I felt like my knee was touching my ear before it released, and I'm 6'3" Pedal feel is great. NO dead/soft pedal free play as someone mentioned which is the result of a poor bleed. I had mine power bled. Sooo much more enjoyable to drive. It releases nice and smooth & low with no bucking ...as Goldylocks would say "just right" like the feel in my '66 GTO

Here's a pic of it installed. The adjuster is zipped tied to one of the brake master lines . I got an Earls 16" braided SS line to connect it to the master, the 13" line that comes with the adjuster just wasn't long enough.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2016, 05:45 PM   #26
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Got mine put in and it is for sure a big improvement. Now to tinker and get it dialed in so it's as close to stock as possible.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #27
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Got mine put in and it is for sure a big improvement. Now to tinker and get it dialed in so it's as close to stock as possible.
How bout a pic
Old 04-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #28
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
How bout a pic
I'll get one tomorrow.