Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #43
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, if you have a regular x pipe and not the Magnaflow 11386 X pipe muffler in the center, it'll be wicked loud and raspy with no cats. The 11386 is the key to a more pleasant and deep exhaust, and it could be a little too drony for your taste if you drive on the highway a lot, but I think in town it sounds great (which is where J pipes would come in; to combat highway drone). Like I said before though, it kinda sounds similar to if you had headers, it's a more distinct metallic sound, pops frequently, similar volume increase.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #44
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Catless will be really loud, especially at cold startup. You will need those j-pipes, catless is very raspy from 2-3k rpms. It does add some on the very top end. J- pipes and the resonated x-pipe are recommended if you go catless Ramil.
Yeah I'm already getting j-pipes already. I don't think I even need to buy them online i can just get them custom made, its just a pipe bent to a j-shape. I would do it myself but I don't have the right tools. I already do have the resonated x-pipe so hopefully it will fix the loudness problem. Going to definitely remove primary cats and resonators, then put on those down-pipes before i'm getting on the dyno. Wish I could get the E85 kit but with my luck we cant use it here so I guess i'm stuck with 93 octane at best damnit
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #45
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Yeah, if you have a regular x pipe and not the Magnaflow 11386 X pipe muffler in the center, it'll be wicked loud and raspy with no cats. The 11386 is the key to a more pleasant and deep exhaust, and it could be a little too drony for your taste if you drive on the highway a lot, but I think in town it sounds great (which is where J pipes would come in; to combat highway drone). Like I said before though, it kinda sounds similar to if you had headers, it's a more distinct metallic sound, pops frequently, similar volume increase.
Luckily the Magnaflow Xpipe i have is #11386 so its amazing right now not too loud and makes alot of pops especially when cruising in 2nd or downshifting. Nice, looking forward to those down-pipes just purchased them as soon as you said the combination of "pops frequently" i'm addicted to car pops. Any idea what would make it pop with no problem like its nothing? I see modified v6 mustangs alot on the road and they pop like crazy at like 1000 rpm its insane. Maybe a ecu tune? I was thinking of getting a 2-step programmed aswell

My friend has a Focus RS and it pops like crazy, huge bangs and stuff its insane grabs everyone's attention. I can make those pops aswell but I can't do it as often I guess its just because he has a turbo
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #46
DSX_Camaro

It's all tuning, yes. It's fuel detonating in the exhaust, like Magnum said. I think most good tunes have the side effect of "pops" because they run a tad richer for precaution, but I could be thinking of the boost tunes specifically.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 01-26-2018, 11:03 PM   #47
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
Yeah I'm already getting j-pipes already. I don't think I even need to buy them online i can just get them custom made, its just a pipe bent to a j-shape. I would do it myself but I don't have the right tools. I already do have the resonated x-pipe so hopefully it will fix the loudness problem. Going to definitely remove primary cats and resonators, then put on those down-pipes before i'm getting on the dyno. Wish I could get the E85 kit but with my luck we cant use it here so I guess i'm stuck with 93 octane at best damnit
It's "just" a pipe bent to a J-shape, but the length of the pipe and their tunability is what's important. They're technically called Helmholtz Resonators, and are pretty scientific. We can sell Solo's J-Pipes direct to customers without the full exhaust setup if anyone's ever interested.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #48
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
...How much do you guys think I'll be making on the dyno with everything I have now including this new camshaft? I'm hoping for 310rwhp+ on 93 octane. Just did an oil change myself I always put nothing but full synthetic oil & filter I'm guessing thats the best as it gets

I am running a similar setup N/A and no cams. Trifecta tune, V Controller, SOLO HFC and MACH-X-LFX CAT BACK, Rotofab CAI and Scoop... so about the same performance wise. My dyno was 304 RWHP 4th gear auto and the stupid dyno guy had the cooling fans turned the wrong way in front of the car! I did not notice till after the pulls when I walked over. Anyway, in my opinion you should hit your 310+ number with the Cams and your existing mods. Good luck with all of your mods...

BTW, with the trans talk, what automatic transmission is actually in the 2LS?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #49
DSX_Camaro

Still the 6L50. The 2LS has 2.92 rear gears though.