Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Just surfing on Camaro 6.....everyones upset about the terrinle sales of the 6th gen over dec. When have sales ever been good lol. So things dont look so bad here.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #44
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Here is,the thing thats nice about this forum ..thers always going to be
New people that love thes cars and will buy them used ..this Forum will be new to them with all this good information.
this,im one of the "new guys" at less than 2 years ownership.lots of good information on this site...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #45
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Agree.... lots of good information. I am also a Mustang special edition owner and was active on many of those forums for years. In comparison, I do admit this forum does not have nearly the same amount of activity as the Mustang forums do. However, it serves its purpose well and provides great information and insight. I wish I had thought to get on this thread before buying a Camaro. For example, had I known that the LS was the only model that did not have a limited slip differential and the differences in the transmission programming (TapShift) for the LS versus other models, I would have made a different decision and bought a different model. Don't get me wrong, I love my LS but also know the limitations that are inherent without spending significant more money just to upgrade the basic platform to allow me to go further. For example, from day one, I was planning to go FI. But with the suspension differences and the absence of Limited Slip, I am not going to spend all the money there and then the money for FI. Would be crazy in my opinion when I could never recoup even a portion of the mod costs and all the haters would be saying "but its still a 6". LOL... Just saying.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #46
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
nice car...mine is still stock.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #47
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vec View Post
its that Damn "book of faces"...
I'm sure of that much.

What I've heard (but can't verify) is that we may not be missing a whole lot from the kind of discussions that have gone there.

Norm
Old 01-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #48
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
In comparison, I do admit this forum does not have nearly the same amount of activity as the Mustang forums do.
The older Blue Oval sites aren't nearly as busy as they used to be either. Probably the same reasons at work.

Norm
Old 01-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #49
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
This generation is still very relevant in the enthusiast world, and imagine it will be for a very long time. The 5th Gen is a milestone in the Camaro history marker, and will always a big part of the story.

As far as the forum goes, I see, in time, it melding into one forum with sub forums for particular generations, kind of like the Corvette folks have.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:54 PM   #50
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I hope not. I learned about 99% of what I know about my car through this forum. Two of the best things I immediately learned here is the skip shift eliminator and of course, the catch can.

+1 I'm with you on that. Everytime I Google something about my car the first word is "camaro5" then type the issue or whatever.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #51
Beefsquatch

Drives: 2010 LS3 camaro
I dont post much because in new-ish and i always search...Ive found soooo much info here its nuts..and there is always something new to read so IMO nah not dying
Old 01-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
You guys are right. When it comes to 5th gen Camaros there is no better place to come for info then right here. Some of the problems members have resolved here is surprising. I would trust any other source.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:44 AM   #53
Louiss11

Drives: Orange
There are websites on the internet that tell you how to keep forums alive.

A good way is to practice respect and courtesy to other forum members.

The last thing you want is to discourage people from posting and having them always get an immature response.

https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/h...-forum-active/

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Louiss11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:27 AM   #54
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiss11 View Post
There are websites on the internet that tell you how to keep forums alive.

A good way is to practice respect and courtesy to other forum members.

The last thing you want is to discourage people from posting and having them always get an immature response.

https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/h...-forum-active/

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Yeah right, like THAT'S all there is to it.... get real

Old 01-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #55
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post

I don't think he said that was all, but it's a legit component. It doesn't take much to dissuade new owners/users from checking things out when their posts are met with "shoulda bought an 8" "Dumb question" etc etc etc.

I don't think the forum (or forums in general) are dying, but it is an old medium and the 5 has been around awhile. I'd expect it to dwindle a bit and then slowly pick up as the cars are more and more easily attainable. Then the tech questions will, of course, explode and the "Picked up this roller for $1000, what ya think?". Always fun.

FB can't touch forums for organized data IMO. Also, most of the groups I'm in have been cesspools. I've left a number of Gen3, Gen5 and recently a Gen6 group because of dumbasses with inflated egos and their circle jerk of friends that ^5 each other every time there's a gang-up on a member. Got to the point where the threads were 10-1 bullying-BS/technical value. Larger groups there's a lot of it. Some of the smaller ones are much better, but still they're mostly just "What's a CAI? Pick for attention" and then everyone posts a pic of their car and nobody answers the question. God I hate FB.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #56
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote