Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, did some some more driving and freeway testing and the car seems happy. Throttle response is greatly improved.

I had one little hiccup where I gave it gas to pass someone and it downshifted and then seemed to upshift and maybe downshift again. Kind of weird; it was like the tranny couldn't decide what gear it wanted to be in. Is there any computer relearning after installing one of these? I also installed an updated tune, so not sure if the computer or tranny needs to relearn after that? I found a few threads that mention the tranny has adaptive learning. Maybe I confused it

Anyway, that was the one and only time it did it, so doesn't seem like a problem, just a little odd.

Last edited by E.T.; 03-13-2012 at 11:10 PM.
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
gsl1980

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
V-Max ported throttle body

Best Mod Ive done yet. Takes 5 minutes. Do that with your cai. Got mine from JDP Motorsports aka Camaro Gods.
gsl1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #17
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
It is all about making that thing inhale and exhale and the VMax deffinitely helps it inhale.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #18
Macfolk
J.T.

Drives: Camaro 2SS w/RS package, Imp. Blue
I plan on an intake also. Is the TB a good mod with an intake or redundant at that point?

Thanks,

Jason

Love this car!
Macfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #19
E.T.

Don't think it's redundant. Every little bit helps

Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #20
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Sold half a dozen this week....some 2012's. But like the guys mentioned, it's all SOTP Seat of the Pants feel more than anything.

I can tell you that I feel that pickup mostly right after initial take off....where it felt flat, it doesn't anymore.

If that makes sense.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
I know exactly what you mean like the first instance of the launch where you start to question the power of these cars? Then you get the rpms up and you are like oh yeah that feels good but why didn't it start that way? And based on what everyone says I'm going to have to buy one of these tb's cuz if i can eliminate that little dead spot I'll feel so much more satisfied with my car.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #21
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
I have the Powder Pro TB, look at this setup rather than the Vmaxx
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
I have the Powder Pro TB, look at this setup rather than the Vmaxx
Your post almost gave me a dilema. I'm about ready to jump on the tb bandwagon and based on your post I started to check out the powder pro tb but this thread pushed me right back to vmax.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=163976&page=3

That sean guy is not someone I want to deal with based on that thread. While he may or may not be ok most of the time it is the difficult times that you can judge someone's real character and based on this sample his is questionable. Compare that with the tone of mike norris in that post, and for the record I don't know him and don't ever recall speaking to him on here, who even in the face of being attacked always took the high road. That is someone I'd rather deal with if something unforseen happened with my purchase.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #23
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
Your post almost gave me a dilema. I'm about ready to jump on the tb bandwagon and based on your post I started to check out the powder pro tb but this thread pushed me right back to vmax.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=163976&page=3

That sean guy is not someone I want to deal with based on that thread. While he may or may not be ok most of the time it is the difficult times that you can judge someone's real character and based on this sample his is questionable. Compare that with the tone of mike norris in that post, and for the record I don't know him and don't ever recall speaking to him on here, who even in the face of being attacked always took the high road. That is someone I'd rather deal with if something unforseen happened with my purchase.

I'm not a conformist, and I've had nothing but positive things to say about the quality of work and customer service from PowderPro. Of cousre I didn't blow his phone up and ask stupid questions either. I did my homework before contact and I knew everthing I needed to know when I ordered. I pm'd PowderPro once and he got back with me in 24hrs. I then called him and he took my order over the phone. I received my order within 5 days since he already had my color option ready to go. I notified them when I shipped my stock TB back and I was credited the same day they received my stock TB. that's it.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #24
45CAMAROSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Ive been looking for a TB also, just wanted to mention recently i removed the torque management from my camaro and that really seemed to improve the response below 3000 rpms. as for the throttle body seems i have alot more to research.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #25
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Don't hate, say it LOUDLY.
And again!!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #26
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
I won't pretend to be able to feel 5 or 10 horsepower difference wide open at 5000 RPM. The big difference is throttle response at low RPMs which was improved a lot. It was well worth the money.
Why not? Everyone else does

Stack this with a power wedge and I bet it's like a turbocharger

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
E.T.

Throttle response is definitely worth it.

Who doesn't like 5 extra horses at WOT, hehe