Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #267
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think that every ZL1 should have to be a different color and no color that is offered on the sub par Camaros.

That way I can say look at me I got the only one in the world so I am the best.

The statement above makes about as much sense as getting your panties in a bunch because someone wants a ZL1 bumper on their ride. WGAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafool View Post
Sub par camaros? in the words of Buford T Justice... holddd it! wait a min! im glad those that can afford a zl1, but if you are that snotty, or consider yourself better than others then please all of you "zl1" owners can make your own site? sub par? we dont need nor want you here. i hope gm continues making all of their cars just the way they are, i respect all car owners ford, chevy, dodge, etc.
You didn't read my post close enough.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #268
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have yet to see a ZL1 on the street around here. I have seen several on the dealers lots though. I don't think there is much chance that soon everyone will have one.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #269
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
If GM doesn't make the parts for special edition cars available then someone else will. If there is strong demand for a product, someone is going to make it. They can easily duck copyright by making it just slightly different. The premise of this thread is nice in theory but it will NEVER happen so move your efforts elsewhere.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #270
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
If GM doesn't make the parts for special edition cars available then someone else will. If there is strong demand for a product, someone is going to make it. They can easily duck copyright by making it just slightly different. The premise of this thread is nice in theory but it will NEVER happen so move your efforts elsewhere.
Just like the ZL1 replica hoods and inserts, front bumpers, spoilers, wheels and rockers the aftermarket has come up with... If there is a demand someone will make them.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #271
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I still don't know what too say. I hope my car looks nothing like a zl1. I take my car to tons of shows and yet have some one say (hay look ) a zl1 clone. Most have know idea what they are looking at.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #272
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You didn't read my post close enough.
So true... I don't see the V6 owners complaining because someone with a V8 puts a V6 bumper on to delete the mail slot. A price point is the only argument you have.... WAAAAA!!!!!!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #273
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I guess any person that sees where I'm coming from is an idiot. What does that make you for responding to such a idiotic, pointless post? Suprise suprise! An idiot.
Easy solution here - just put your factory sticker back on the window and highlight the price. That way everyone will know you spent more money on your camaro and more importantly, you're #1.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #274
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
I was just going to put all my ZL1 body parts on eBay so I can make it look like an LT. I like sleepers. What am I going to do now???
Old 03-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #275
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Easy solution here - just put your factory sticker back on the window and highlight the price. That way everyone will know you spent more money on your camaro and more importantly, you're #1.
This has nothing to do with the price of what I paid for the ZL1. Considering I've owned every trim of the Camaro damn near, I think I have earned the right to give my opinion. If you want to talk about $, I've traded/bought 4 5th Gens which I can gladly admit that isnt financially smart. Owning a ZL1 doesn't make me #1, I appreciate your sarcastic comment though, it does bring some humor to the thread. Owning one, I've earned it, and have made sacrifices along the way. I'm not wealthy, nor am I well off. It's called I'm blessed and with hard work, dedication and patience anything is possible. If you want to have a straight up adult conversation on it by all means, I'm available. Easy to find, and approachable. In anycase, I can name quite a few C5 members that would whoop my ass based of specs so clearly you don't understand and I don't blame you for that.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #276
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
This has nothing to do with the price of what I paid for the ZL1. Considering I've owned every trim of the Camaro damn near, I think I have earned the right to give my opinion. If you want to talk about $, I've traded/bought 4 5th Gens which I can gladly admit that isnt financially smart. Owning a ZL1 doesn't make me #1, I appreciate your sarcastic comment though, it does bring some humor to the thread. Owning one, I've earned it, and have made sacrifices along the way. I'm not wealthy, nor am I well off. It's called I'm blessed and with hard work, dedication and patience anything is possible. If you want to have a straight up adult conversation on it by all means, I'm available. Easy to find, and approachable. In anycase, I can name quite a few C5 members that would whoop my ass based of specs so clearly you don't understand and I don't blame you for that.
I don't care how many Camaro's you traded/bartered/borrowed/leased etc. There's no way around it, you've already showed your cards here: you don't want ZL1 parts on SS's because you want to be special and different. It's about your ego and your $60K car.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #277
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
I don't care how many Camaro's you traded/bartered/borrowed/leased etc. There's no way around it, you've already showed your cards here: you don't want ZL1 parts on SS's because you want to be special and different. It's about your ego and your $60K car.
$52k to be exact, it was used. I couldn't afford a brand new one. You don't know me, and honestly it's cool you believe I have an overly obsessive ego. That's why I don't come home to you every night. I left open an invitation so you are welcome to state your opinions in person. I'm not much into trading words over a blog site.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #278
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
I am not going to read every comment in this post. I would like to address the OP. Imitation is the best form of flattery. I have never owned a "REAL 69 YENCO CAMARO" but I sure enjoy my clone. And I am sure if some one wants to clone their V6, V8 RS, SS 1Lt etc. to a ZL1 they will enjoy it just as much as you enjoy your"s

Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #279
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Clone away ladies and gents. Just makes a real ZL1 more sought after. I had a 1995 Caprice.

Guess what, It ended up looking like an impala SS, but since GM exported the Caprice as a Caprice SS, i got those badges and had my Caprice 9C1/SS. Only thing that wasn't from an Impala SS were the door panels with the door pulls.

No matter what you can do the same thing as you could for the caprice vs Impala.

Check the VIN #.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #280
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Amen!!! apparently this guy is in denial....most people who act like this are..... here is a good definition http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=pompous%20ass

Closed Thread