Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
2Taco

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Short trip report

We had really nice weather last weekend so the wife and I got the 2014 SS convertible out and went for a drive/dinner.

About a month ago I did the fuse pull to hopefully reset the timing tables. The car is on it's 4th fill-up with 93 octane. It seems to me that the performance is where it should be. I also installed the AFM device and we are pretty much leaving it in all the time.

We left home at about 5:30 p.m. and cruised up some secondary highways north of where we live. About an hour into the trip, we found ourselves on a very straight and smooth, completely deserted stretch of highway. With the wife using the stopwatch function on her iPhone, we timed the car from 0-60 at just over 5 seconds. Given that this was non-scientific timing, I would say that the car is pretty much doing what it's advertised to do.

We continued cruising, had dinner, and then took the interstate home. It was late and traffic was very light, so I ran it up to about 100mph a couple of times. I am really impressed at the 75-100 mph acceleration.

Altogether we drove 201 miles, all of it with the top down, and refilled the tank with 9.884 gallons of 93 for an overall fuel economy of 20.33 mpg. Not bad in my book.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
The couple times I had it up that fast I felt it could use a stiffer suspension. It got up there pretty fast.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
My experience with my 2015 SS vert is very similar. Factory 0-60 is 5.5 secs. This is very close. And yes, top end power is there. That’s when you really take advantage of the HP from the 6.2. I had Eibach springs installed to take care of any “float” at high speeds. Nice upgrade and good look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote