Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #29
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Im being selfish and hope that the change isnt too drastic since I am getting my car in 2012, I want it to still look good when the 2015 comes out lol, you 2010 guys had an extra 2 years with your cars than I will.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #30
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
I think GM should poll this site for ideas and maybe even do a design contest. I'm working on a contest for Porsche right now - grand prize is 20k or a one year lease of a 911.

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #31
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
all they have to do is make it lighter, bit more powerful, spruce up the interorir materials and most importantly just have to refresh the current 5th gen design. Make it a little more bold, a little more cut. Doesnt need much. All they have to do is what Ford did with the Mustang, not a drastic change

ANYWAYS, all we know is that this current design is just like the 69, everyone is still going to be in love with it even 40 years down the line.
Not giving this car up.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC_GIBB View Post
going to be hard to make a better looking car than the 5th Gen...
^
That. Better in other ways, yes.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The most retro car of the three is the least selling one.

BUT, this comment from the comments section made me laugh me ass off.

Quote:
Forget basing it on an old car. I can't stand all that retro crap. If I wanted a 1967 Camaro I'd buy one. I don't want my new one to look old. This is the 2000's, get with it GM.
What a moron. Apperently he didn't read much of the article. 'Get with it' , uh, hey dummy, I'm thinking over a third of the market is pretty damn 'with it'.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #34
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
What GM really needs to keep in mind is that ford is going to come out swinging

just like they are doing with this upcoming Shelby GT500.

GM is at a handicap because they can't make the Camaro faster and more powerful without also upgrading the vette. While Ford has just there one car to worry about.

Just the same, if GM doesnt come out the gate with 500 hp for the SS, I dare say they will be behind Ford.
I don't think horsepower needs to go any higher. The lighter weight will help with acceleration. With the new platform horsepower could actually decrease and still maintain acceptable performance. They need to concentrate on fuel mileage and handling and if they can do it with a V-8 it will be a home run.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #35
Brad02SS

Drives: 02 35th LE SS, 08 G8 GT
They are well aware of the weight issue, hopefully they are able to keep that in check. If so I'm waiting for the 2017 model year- a 50th Anniversary Edition would look sweet next to my 35th and by then I should be able to afford it.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
nosrettap58
nosrettap58

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I think the design team should submit a couple design ideas, be it a retro 1st gen ,and a retro 2nd gen, and put it to a vote online,and forum members, to garner appropriate responses as to which direction they should take.
nosrettap58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #37
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
My loan would have been finished in fall of 2015 if I didn't refinance it late last year, so I'll have to wait another year. The markups for the 6th gen should be over by then.

This is all provided it looks good. Lol

My preference would just be to evolve its current styling.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Im being selfish and hope that the change isnt too drastic since I am getting my car in 2012, I want it to still look good when the 2015 comes out lol, you 2010 guys had an extra 2 years with your cars than I will.
Actually I think what you want IS a complete redesign. That way this one doesn't look "old". That may sound incorrect but look at the mustangs. The 2005-2009 now look old and blah to me because the 2010+ is a slightly redesigned and more slick version. Had the new mustang been 100% different. Those 2005's may still look cool in their own seperate way.

Does that make sense? lol

Im selfish too. However if its a 2015 model, mine will be paid off in time to upgrade to the 2016 model after their first year bugs are worked out.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
I'm with "wizard1183"...i think G.M. would benefit greatly if they were to bring back a retro of the "chevelle SS",also think if they would do the same with the "Belair" it would be a popular car for the lets say little older demographic,that said though i dont think the sales of the belair would last past a couple years,but i have always said that the redo of "chevelle SS" would be a hot seller,..sorry,kinda off topic on 6th gen but don't know how it could improve other than what others have posted,weight and better quality interior,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #40
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Actually I think what you want IS a complete redesign. That way this one doesn't look "old". That may sound incorrect but look at the mustangs. The 2005-2009 now look old and blah to me because the 2010+ is a slightly redesigned and more slick version. Had the new mustang been 100% different. Those 2005's may still look cool in their own seperate way.

Does that make sense? lol
Yes, that makes sense. I bought a 2006 Mustang GT back in 2005 and loved it. When the newer, (slightly redisigned), ones came out, all it did was make mine look used up and old. The redesign was enough to make the older ones look dull, but not exciting enough to make me think it was that different. My thought was that in a few years, that design would also make me go "Meh".
That's when my long dormant love for the Camaro came out and I started looking into them. I have not look back since getting my 2012 Camaro. It is the most in love with a car I have ever been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #41
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
It's great to see such a dynamic focus on the car. I'm sure Al O and "the team" have critical values they will ensure are maintained. This is kind of what has me bothered... and probably other insiders. GM is "threading the performance needle"... amongst stronger gov't regulation and culture wars. The new Camaro will certainly be influenced by the overall corporate cultures/controls. How many "old timers" will remain that care enough and have enough political power to overcome the downforce on this segment? We shall see..... who is next to retire?(but I'm grateful to be getting a 2012 ZL1 regardless)...

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...gine-guys.html

GM Losing One of Its Last Old-School Engine Guys
By Bill Visnic, Senior Editor | Published Jan 18, 2012
Just the Facts:
Vice Chairman and Chief Technology Officer Tom Stephens, a 43-year GM veteran with perhaps the company's deepest engine-development chops, is retiring in April.
Stephens' departure comes as rumors persist that GM management decided to cut back on upgrades for its next-gen V8.
Stephens is one of the last top-tier GM executives who was with the company prior to its 2009 bankruptcy and restructuring.

DETROIT — General Motors announced over the weekend that Vice Chairman and Chief Technology Officer Tom Stephens will retire in April. But don't let his current banal title fool you: Stephens spent most of his time at GM engineering and hot-rodding engines and is one of the last of the remaining old-guard GM upper management qualified to lend "car-guy" support to Vice President and President of GM North America Mark Reuss.

Stephens is most closely associated with GM's powertrain operations, where he served as a vice president and later, group vice president for global powertrain from 2001-'08. Stephens' gradual move away from powertrain development came as GM itself systematically incorporated powertrain engineering into its larger global product-development practices.

In 1990, when GM Powertrain was formed by merging the Hydra-matic and Engine divisions, the unit was nearly as powerful as any of GM's carmaking divisions. But Powertrain's eventual absorption into the company's broad product-development processes, finalized with its joining of Global Product Operations in 2010, greatly reduced the influence of GM's engine-and transmission-engineering division and the individuals who shaped it.

Stephens probably is best known as one of the primary engineers for GM's Northstar V8, the company's first contemporary overhead-cam V8 when it was launched in 1992, but he also held high-level engineering positions with GM's truck group and, more recently, as a vice president for global quality.

The announcement of Stephens' retirement comes as talk in Detroit said GM upper management scuttled an investment in the company's next-generation small-block V8 and a fully developed "premium" V8 dubbed the UV8 remains on the shelf, perhaps never to be salvaged. The fifth-generation small-block will be upgraded with direct fuel injection, as GM confirmed late in 2010, but a high-tech valvetrain innovation long believed to be penned into the Gen V program reputedly was rejected as a bad investment as rigorous new Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards take hold beginning in 2016 and engine downsizing is rampant in the industry.

If true, the move could signal GM plans for a future in which V8s will be offered only for pickup trucks and the Chevrolet Corvette, both of which have seen relatively drastic declines in demand in recent years. The company sold just 13,164 Corvettes in 2011. Although 2011 Corvette sales were up 4.3 percent compared with 2010, since the recession, the sports car has been enduring some of its worst sales years since the early 1960s.

Sales of full-size pickups such as the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra respectively were up 12.2 percent and 14.9 percent in 2011, but sales volumes in the pickup segment remain far off their historic highs and many analysts believe increasing CAFE and fuel-price pressures may mean full-size pickups never again reach their former sales glories, a possibility that may be shaping how GM is approaching its investment in the small-block V8.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #42
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I feel sorry for the design team, this is one tough crowd!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation