Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
2011 Vert Vibration in Top

This weekend I noticed a vibration coming from the plastic piece that goes across the front of the convertible top (The plastic piece that the latch handle is located in the center of) The thing is the piece only vibrates on the passenger side and seems loose only on the passenger side. The driver side does not vibrate and seems pretty tight. It pretty much vibrates on rough roads or bumps but then after a while it stops and feels tighter. I looked for anyway to tighten screws or anything else when the top was coming down but I didn't see anything. Any ideas?
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:59 PM   #2
Vintendo

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convert
I swear it's been about 15 years since I had a camaro... and it's amazing how wide spread the build quality can be at times....

I just had the same thing happen on my 12 2SS vert... a week after I bought it was driving and I guess must of hit a bump or something.. but it started doing exactly what you just said. As well as on the passenger side too.

It's because the plastic inside where the screw holds it to the roof "breaks" off... kinda lame if you ask me for a 40k plus car...

What I did was I stuffed a few pieces of folded in half duct tape. And the vibrations stopped.

I will want to fix this at some point , but currently want to get fun stuff before having to fix the common "camaro" things..

Honestly....how long do you think we have before the power windows stop working or the top starts leaking hahah.

Once camaro,Always camaro
With that said. I love this car. It's awesome lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #3
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
OP: See this thread for potentially more insight into the "top header panel" issue.

"Convertible Top Header Panel"
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450321
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
69 SS 350 5 Speed

Drives: 69 SS Camaro 2019 Corvette GS Vert.
I just had mine replaced under warranty. Looking at the Header Panel Thread, you can do this yourself with basic tools and a little patience. I examined the old part and it appears that they may have been overtightened at the assembly plant because the breaks are all a radial twist which is an indicator that the plastic was overstressed. I asked the body shop tech if he would try not to overtighten them and he said he would be careful. Guess I will see how long it lasts.