Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Daytona International Speedway Delivery Experience announced for new Chevys

Sounds like fun!

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...8-daytona.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Have you ever wondered what it is like to drive on the track at the famed Daytona International Speedway? If you buy a new Chevrolet, your dealer will be able to offer you that opportunity.

Chevrolet and DIS today announced an exclusive delivery experience at the Speedway. This extra cost option will be available later this year through U.S. Chevrolet dealers on select new vehicle orders. While details are still being finalized, customers who order the option can expect:
  • A tour of Daytona International Speedway
  • An on-track driving experience
  • A keepsake to commemorate the experience
  • Authentication that the vehicle was delivered and driven at the Speedway
“Chevrolet is committed to offering our customers the best overall vehicle ownership experience possible – starting with the most technologically advanced and most dynamic vehicles in the brands history,” said Alan Batey, president of General Motors North America and leader of Global Chevrolet. “Beyond the vehicle, we are determined to deliver exceptional service through our dealers and unique experiences that only Chevrolet can offer, like driving your first miles in your new vehicle at the famed Daytona International Speedway.”

The Chevrolet Delivery Center at DIS will be located in the infield adjacent to Gatorade Victory Lane and will have the familiar appearance of a neighborhood Chevrolet dealership. Customers will choose the option to have their vehicle delivered at DIS during the ordering process. Pricing will be available at a later date.

“The Chevrolet Delivery Center is the type of elevated experience that guests visiting Daytona International Speedway come to expect,” Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III said. “This new offering complements the enhancements already made to the ‘World Center of Racing’ through the $400 million DAYTONA Rising redevelopment project. We’re looking forward to witnessing that first delivery later this year.”

Chevrolet already offers Corvette customers the option to have their vehicle delivered at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky. The Museum Delivery option includes a private tour of the GM Bowling Green Assembly Plant, home of the Corvette, and the National Corvette Museum. The owner then takes delivery of their new Corvette from the museum showroom, where their own car is on display. The delivery process includes a personalized demonstration of their Corvette’s features, broadcast around the world via live webcam 24 hours a day. The Corvette Museum Delivery option is $990.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
That's really cool!

It would be nice if they did something for the west coast folks at Laguna Seca perhaps.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
That's really cool!

It would be nice if they did something for the west coast folks at Laguna Seca perhaps.
Just what I was going to say, beat me to it!

Sound like a good time! well, apart from the florida humidity factor
Old 02-18-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
It will be availble just in time to take your new 1LE for a spin.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
That's damn awesome. I wish they let me drive it on the Texas Speedway but they did have Xfinity going on during my delivery haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
J

Sound like a good time! well, apart from the florida humidity factor
Depends on the time of the year, remember Daytona Beach is not south Florida...I work 15 minutes from the track, and this time of year it averages around 65, with much lower humidity...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Sounds like fun!

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...8-daytona.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Have you ever wondered what it is like to drive on the track at the famed Daytona International Speedway? If you buy a new Chevrolet, your dealer will be able to offer you that opportunity.
Chevrolet and DIS today announced an exclusive delivery experience at the Speedway. This extra cost option will be available later this year through U.S. Chevrolet dealers on select new vehicle orders. While details are still being finalized, customers who order the option can expect:
  • A tour of Daytona International Speedway
  • An on-track driving experience
  • A keepsake to commemorate the experience
  • Authentication that the vehicle was delivered and driven at the Speedway
“Chevrolet is committed to offering our customers the best overall vehicle ownership experience possible – starting with the most technologically advanced and most dynamic vehicles in the brands history,” said Alan Batey, president of General Motors North America and leader of Global Chevrolet. “Beyond the vehicle, we are determined to deliver exceptional service through our dealers and unique experiences that only Chevrolet can offer, like driving your first miles in your new vehicle at the famed Daytona International Speedway.”

I wonder how much...Corvette special delivery is like $700 if I recall...I wonder how many Spark owners are going to opt for this?

Guessing by "select" vehicles it will be the Corvette, Camaro, SS, and maybe Impala as that is used in Nascar?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Yeah, order 1LE from Becky, drive it at Daytona, and take 95 back up to New England.

--kC

Hmmmmmm.....
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #9
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Bucket list item that will probably never be realized:

Take European delivery on a car and go to the nurburgring for a spirited (albeit conservative) vehicle shakedown. Probably a bad idea..... smashing up a brand new Porsche and becoming infamous on the net. Maybe do the same thing but fork out some cash for one of those track car rentals.

Don't get me wrong. This is cool and it's nice that Chevy is offering this. I like the Laguna Seca idea. Show the west coast some love Chevy!

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 02-18-2016 at 03:14 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #10
DMC75

Drives: 2016 Black M6 2SS NPP, MRC
I guess Chevy doesn't really care about that break in period... LOL

Would be comical if they say:

"Here is your new Camaro!!! Now go ahead onto DIS, but don't go over 3500 RPM."
DMC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #11
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Tell us to break the car in for the first 1500 miles.

Offer us a chance to rip the cars when we get them.

huh?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #12
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
There's break-in, and then there's a proper thrashing to seat everything properly.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #13
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Guessing by "select" vehicles it will be the Corvette, Camaro, SS, and maybe Impala as that is used in Nascar?
Just a friendly FYI:
Chevrolet uses the SS sedan in the Sprint Cup series and the Camaro in the Xfinity Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Don't get me wrong. This is cool and it's nice that Chevy is offering this. I like the Laguna Seca idea. Show the west coast some love Chevy!
Remember, it's Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca now. Not sure how that would affect any Chevrolet program for delivery at that track.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Thought this was cool. If it is still around in a few years maybe my 6th gen z will be delivered at daytona. My Zl1 was picked up near orlando so it would be a similar experience.

Still not as cool as the Corvette delivery, but a nice alternative.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote