Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
AshenGreyLFX

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1LS
valet key?

I want to know what you guys think about the new Camaro if it were to come with a valet key that reduces the performance of the car "IF" you were so inclined to even think about taking this car to a valet for any reason. I personally like to go to the occasional opera in SF, but i never drive my own car due to the fear of letting some random valet driver behind the wheel.

I currently drive a 2014 1LS, but am looking to upgrade to a 1LE if 2016 allows. I just want to know what everyone thinks about this idea.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenGreyLFX View Post
I want to know what you guys think about the new Camaro if it were to come with a valet key that reduces the performance of the car "IF" you were so inclined to even think about taking this car to a valet for any reason. I personally like to go to the occasional opera in SF, but i never drive my own car due to the fear of letting some random valet driver behind the wheel.

I currently drive a 2014 1LS, but am looking to upgrade to a 1LE if 2016 allows. I just want to know what everyone thinks about this idea.
like the challenger hellcat? Red key black key.

It is a novel idea, doesn't have to be just for Valet...in the case of the challenger hellcat i'd like one that takes it down even more then 500HP, that is still alot of power for a valet. SC on or SC off which is what i guess is what the Hellcat is doing? or via chip or something...if so, then let me punch in and set HP for Valet, or friend, or wife, or son.

Why the key though...just make it programmable via nav interface - password protected etc.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
There is a valet mode in my link and CUE. But it only secures the glovebox and storage behind the NAV screen. Could easily be programmed for power train programming too.

Also ZR1 already had this. So very possible.