Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 08-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #43
abez

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydaytons View Post
Any factory existing warranty is out the window with a salvage title. I never buy salvage title cars. Never. Ever.
I think the warranty is good in some aspects but with what I've decided to do with the car would of voided the warranty if I bought it off the lot. So it all really depends on what you want to do with your car.
abez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:37 PM   #44
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Well, I for one wish you the best of luck. My hat's off to you for this project. You seem to surely know what you are doing. Make it how you want it and post pics. I look forward to this. Congrats to you. Oh, and prove all the naysayers wrong.
Thanks Bro, I really appreciate it and I hope that you're still reading!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #45
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugs View Post
Nothing wrong with a salvage car as long as its fixed right. My first car was an 88 Z24 with a salvage title and it was a great car. Ive always wanted to buy a wreck myself and fix her up like new . Most people who do the work themselves never want to sell them later because they enjoy the memories of turning a wreck into something that looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Good luck with the rebuild and looking forward to pics when she's all done.
This is exactly what I'm doing. Build it back to the off the lot look while creating the memories and having fun while doing it.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #46
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Very cool project to take on! If i had my own shoo, i woukdnt hesitate to do likewise. Im sure you already have other means of transportation, so taking on a project build is cool to see come to fruition!
Thanks bro! Yeah I'm currently driving that G8 that I posted a few days back but pretty soon she will be out of her crippled state. haha
Old 08-18-2017, 06:44 PM   #47
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I'm wondering if any insurance companies will insure a salvage vehicle. Good luck!
Just checked and yes they would! They will even do full coverage.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #48
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I love how this thread turned from everyone bashing the guy for picking up a salvage car and actually being creative to big wide eyes, awe, and popcorn smileys as soon as they saw the pickup truck loaded with Santa's early deliveries... that was spectacular lol.

To the OP way to go and I really hope this goes flawlessly for you.. will be one heck of a car when its done..and thats what I love about restoring an utter wreck, instead of ending up in a crusher (like this car's next step would have been) a forseeable and admirable future is made out of something that isn't really junk, just had a bit of misfortune.

I know right? It's pretty funny lol but I'm glad people are being open minded and showing support now. Santa came early and got her everything that she needs to be on the streets again( it was alot of parts man ) Thanks for this post bro I really appreciate it! I'll be posting more pics, responses,updates and part numbers soon!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #49
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by abez View Post
Currently I am not documenting the UTE build but you just gave me an idea haha, I'll link you as soon as the start the process. I also wanted to ask what rims do you have on your G8??
they're XO Luxury X140 10.5 in the back 9 i believe in the front. i had the back wheels milled to the perfect offset. They sit perfect!

603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:28 PM   #50
abez

Update 8/29/2017

Hey guys I know Its been a while since my last update but here's whats been happening in the last week or so!

So about a week ago I placed another order with Santa for more parts
He told me to give it about a week or so because his sleigh can only fit so many jk lol

Heres what I ended up ordering:

-ZL1 Carbon Fiber hood scoop
-ZL1 Rear Diffuser and Hardware
-ZL1 Rear Spoiler
-Driver Airbag
-Driver side knee airbag
-ZL1 Red Seatbelts
-ZL1 front undercarriage protector cover
-ZL1 Brake airducts to provide better airflow (just for the heck of it)

All that was ordered above came out to $3,714.70
I will be picking all of the parts today 8/29/2017 and will post as many pictures as I can of them tomorrow!

I also requested a quote of the ZL1 Recaro seats but was told that "General Motors is not currently offering those seats as a complete unit; I would have to purchase each part individually and then assemble the seat and doing it that way would not be as cost effective"; So I decided that I will play the waiting game... *If any one is selling ZL1 RECAROS shoot me a PM**

Another thing that I requested was a Quote on 19" ZL1 1LE Rims(4) as soon as I see the price I will let you know on what I decide to do.. I'm stuck in between those and the 1LE rims; let me know your guys thoughts and or other rim idea's I'm pretty opened minded and would love your guys input on this build.

So yesterday I went to visit my beauty down at the shop and well just look below at how far she has come.

I was told that they prepped the doors to blend in the paint..

Here's a close up of the ZL1 hood before paint

Another side shot before I show you where she's at today.

So as of today 8/29/2017
She has been Prepped and has entered the spray booth and is now awaiting to be repainted !

Here is a shot of the hood that as been painted

Thanks for reading guys and for the support; Please leave your thoughts, comments and or idea's. I will update you guys tommrow with the new price as well as part numbers for all the parts that I have purchased.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #51
SS Life
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
That's a dope ass build man I can't wait to see it finished.
SS Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #52
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Life View Post
That's a dope ass build man I can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks bro! I appreciate the support! I also just hit the subscribe button on your channel.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #53
abez

She's been painted!

So I told you guys that I was going to have some part pictures for guys today but unfortunately some things came up yesterday so I rescheduled to pick them up on Thursday and will posting pictures by this weekend. On the bright side my car has been painted and is currently being buffed out!

Also got the quote on the ZL1 1LE rims and placed my order, the down side is that they are on back order with no ETA due to GM restricting them for new assembly line vehicles.

Last edited by abez; 08-30-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #54
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySS8U View Post
Great Thanks..... did you even look for the part numbers he listed or look at the gm parts warehouse items for what you posted ? They are either not available or they are just for the SS which is confusing for anyone.

OP thank you for later clarifying you had special contacts for certain parts.. There have been others that have been able to get their hands on the ZL1 fenders and hood scoop etc..

I am a bit confused if you purchased the fenders new why in the one photo is there body filler on them ?

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #55
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Great Thanks..... did you even look for the part numbers he listed or look at the gm parts warehouse items for what you posted ? They are either not available or they are just for the SS which is confusing for anyone.

OP thank you for later clarifying you had special contacts for certain parts.. There have been others that have been able to get their hands on the ZL1 fenders and hood scoop etc..

I am a bit confused if you purchased the fenders new why in the one photo is there body filler on them ?
Yes I double checked the part numbers on my invoices and those are the correct part numbers. I'm assuming that they haven't been released to the public yet. I did some research for you tho; try typing the part number on google and certain websites should certain parts. GM parts direct has a hood and GM parts giant has the fenders.*Note these are not SS parts these are all OEM ZL1 parts So SS parts shouldn't be popping up.*

Also I was speaking with my body guy about patches, its primer he told me when I dropped of the parts and he opened them there was a light scratch on the hood and fender so he sanded it down exposing bare metal and re-primered it to protect the exposed metal.

Are you planing on building one? Let me know and send me a PM
Old 08-30-2017, 11:43 PM   #56
abez

Youtube Video

https://youtu.be/MN3BEloljM8

Check out the youtube video I mocked up! Don't forget to like comment and subscribe thanks!

Tags
1ss, camaro build, conversion, mods, zl1