Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #15
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
My side effects:
1. Always get excited when I turn her on
2. The urge to drive her...everywhere, whenever
3. The compulsion to spend money on her
She is my mistress
Nice, never thought of it that way. X10

She is my Mistress that demands to be driven hard.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #16
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile209 View Post
On my commute I see 5-6 Mustangs, rarely do I see a 6th gen.

In my area, it's the Prius and Hyundai drivers that are so damn annoying.
Yeah. Hardly a day goes by that I don't pass the World HQ or Tech Centers for GM (I just retired from GM Tech Center), Ford, or Chrysler. And Toyota and Hyundai tech centers are within 45 minutes of me. As is Brembo's North American facility and a ton of other auto suppliers. The suppliers also get decent discounts. So a lot of new and high value, high powered vehicles all around.

Hell, there are two Chargers and a Challenger on my block.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #17
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Chargers, Challengers, Chargers, Challengers, Chargers, Challengers. I listed those multiple times because lately they seem to be freakin' everywhere.
lol this is so true. I see 20 Chargers / Challengers a day; probably more. Maybe see a 6th gen 4-5 times a week.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:59 PM   #18
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I don't know what to think since this is my first real sports car...I also have not seen another ZL1 in my area, but most who notice either haunt / stalk me to want to take a pic or avoid eye contact like I have herpes??

I'm an enthusiast...I like all cars & don't understand the avoidance aspect if you drive another flavor. I really enjoy those who appreciate & have made a couple of friends in the process.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
The Bullshit look I get when they realize they got beat by a car with 4 less cylinders is always fun to get. But i'll agree with the obnoxious Honda drivers everytime I get one at a stoplight I can hear the sound of the kazoo playing. In my neck of the woods it's the SUV's and Mini drivers that act like asshats on the road around anything American muscle. I have seen a ton of challengers lately I think they dumped an inventory special off all over the U.S.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #20
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Cool

All you have to do is get behind them at a reasonable distance with Rev Match on and do a few downshifts. They'll get the message.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #21
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post

I see other 6th gens pull behind or beside me and pause, kinda like looking at the outside of their cars from the inside.
There's something to this. I love the look of my car. The lines, the angles. It's one of the biggest reasons I bought it. And I love to drive it. 39k miles so far.

But the bad part is that if I am driving it, I am not looking at the exterior.

And when I see other owners on the road, there's always an acknowledgement. A nod, a wave, a quick rev, chat at a stop light. It's not the famous "Corvette wave" or anything... at least not yet. But it's kind of cool driving something that you don't see at every light.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #22
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I see more tailgating by Accord V6's than ever. I do not know what Honda sells these guys, but every 40's something dude that buys a Honda with a V6 thinks its a Ferrari or something, and wants to benchmark it using my rear bumper.
Yeah, this is a pretty common phenomenon. I think the way this manifests itself is that most Accord owners think "VTEC" is a performance enhancement, and if anybody manages to step up from the base 4 cylinder to a V6... surely then they're encroaching on supercar territory. Gotta mash that accelerator constantly to put the plebeians in their place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
lol this is so true. I see 20 Chargers / Challengers a day; probably more. Maybe see a 6th gen 4-5 times a week.
Yeah, that tends to happen when an auto manufacturer keeps multiple vehicles in their lineup with a 10+ year old design. I don't envy them, although I appreciate the occasional Scat Pack Challenger.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #23
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Yeah, this is a pretty common phenomenon. I think the way this manifests itself is that most Accord owners think "VTEC" is a performance enhancement, and if anybody manages to step up from the base 4 cylinder to a V6... surely then they're encroaching on supercar territory. Gotta mash that accelerator constantly to put the plebeians in their place.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #24
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'm starting to see used Gen6's around the socal area now. Guess most people weren't willing to spend 30k+ on a camaro around here. But seems more are fine buying used rentals (they tend to hit their 30k mark in a year). So you get a year old car for off-lease prices.

I dont see many people looking to race and around here, it's more common to see cars that cost over 80k than 6th gen camaros. That happened much more back east.

About the only thing I notice when driving mine around is that I have begun to hate car tv shows that show the guy driving some sweet mountain/canyon road all by himself with no cops in existence while whenever I go to any such road I'm stuck behind prii (plural for prius) or lifted trucks with no mudflaps doing some stupid speed below the limit the entire time.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Around here, it seems like it is the Nissan Altima drivers who think they are fast. Idiots.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #26
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Don't see where it's changed me in the least,,,,lol,,,
Attached Images

Last edited by Odd Jobb; 04-17-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #27
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
WRXs harrass me wherever I am and also even if I'm sitting at a light and they are passing perpendicular to me(im at the front of an intersection) they make sure to floor it with their fart can mufflers

It is INSANELY annoying
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #28
SCullen
Converts Oxygen to CO2

Drives: 2016 Black SS Convertable
I usually see respect from other drivers, except from ricers. I like to let them race ahead is to say "you're not worth my time".

Respect goes both ways though. I respect other cars in this class, like GTs, R/Ts, other camaros and corvettes. It seems mutual. I saw a masarati on the road today who seems clueless but we were just driving in light traffic. People stop me all the time to tell me how much they love my car and today was no exception.

I feel a lack of respect from 5th gen owners but I haven't decided if that's just me with a false sense of superiority or what. It's probably me and I need to adjust my attitude.

SCullen is offline   Reply With Quote